Add to Bookmarks
Previous  123 ... 914915916 ... 122712281229  Next
Author SONY Xperia Rumors 2013 Edition
rss_ndrsn
Sony Xperia X Performance
PM
Posted: 2013-07-14 06:49
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
@supercoolman I think your logic is flawed. If a person is about to choose between Xperia Z Ultra and iPhone 5, applying your concept of pocket friendliness of a smartphone, the latter is a pocket friendly while the phablet is not right? How about we throw in Xperia Z, so we have a phone not as big as Ultra but is not as small as iPhone 5. How would you rate its pocket-friendliness. If you have argued that Honami has more features, it would have make a good argument.

This leads me to @AbhiD999 post. Well, Nokia Lumia 1020 is the only competitor of Honami and we cannot prevent people to compare them to each other. About the dimension and features, not all people want big screen but many preferred to have compact phone. Honami may have upper-hand in terms of specs but Lumia 1020 is more pocket friendly.
supercoolman
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-07-14 07:12

On 2013-07-14 06:49:37, rss_ndrsn wrote:
@supercoolman I think your logic is flawed. If a person is about to choose between Xperia Z Ultra and iPhone 5, applying your concept of pocket friendliness of a smartphone, the latter is a pocket friendly while the phablet is not right? How about we throw in Xperia Z, so we have a phone not as big as Ultra but is not as small as iPhone 5. How would you rate its pocket-friendliness. If you have argued that Honami has more features, it would have make a good argument.

This leads me to @AbhiD999 post. Well, Nokia Lumia 1020 is the only competitor of Honami and we cannot prevent people to compare them to each other. About the dimension and features, not all people want big screen but many preferred to have compact phone. Honami may have upper-hand in terms of specs but Lumia 1020 is more pocket friendly.

I don't think you get my point. my point is that Honami will be pocket friendly since it's larger brother, Xperia Z Ultra, is also pocket friendly. the comparison is between Honami and Nokia 1020. I'm not sure why you keep throw more devices into this and deviate from the original comparison.

features don't contribute to pocket friendliness. why would you pull features into comparison for pocket friendly?
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2013-07-14 07:14
I don't understand how the 1020 is more pocket friendly. It's a 4.5 inch device with dimensions almost same as a 5" Z or Honami

Lumia 1020

130.4 x 71.4 x 10.4 mm

Z/Honami

139 x 71 x 7.9/9.5 mm

Felimenta97
Sony Xperia S
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-07-14 07:41
Sorry, but I have to agree. Screen size can't be considered here, IMO, thus making 1020, yes, more pocket friendly, as it isn't only thickness and width, but also height... The difference may be only a bit less than 1 cm, but it makes difference yes... I have problems with one of my jeans and my S not because of thickness (adding a case didn't made it worse), but height...
I don't get people. Never Have, never will.
AbhiD999
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2013-07-14 07:50

On 2013-07-14 07:41:23, Felimenta97 wrote:
Sorry, but I have to agree. Screen size can't be considered here, IMO, thus making 1020, yes, more pocket friendly, as it isn't only thickness and width, but also height... The difference may be only a bit less than 1 cm, but it makes difference yes... I have problems with one of my jeans and my S not because of thickness (adding a case didn't made it worse), but height...

i don't think what you sayin even matters to 99% of people out there. . . .
Lumia 920,925,928, xperia sp, zl, HTC one and other so many devices are much more compact compared to xz, s4, note, note 2, but still these devices sold million times more than those so called compact devices because of being flagships with best of specs out there...
I don't think there is even a competition between honami and 1020! Honami will sell like hot cakes while 1020 will struggle unlike anything.
With same price for both devices i don't think anyone would even want to go with 1020.
Felimenta97
Sony Xperia S
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-07-14 07:58

On 2013-07-14 07:50:33, AbhiD999 wrote:

Lumia 920,925,928, xperia sp, zl, HTC one and other so many devices are much more compact compared to xz, s4, note, note 2, but still these devices sold million times more than those so called compact devices because of being flagships with best of specs out there...
I don't think there is even a competition between honami and 1020! Honami will sell like hot cakes while 1020 will struggle unlike anything.
With same price for both devices i don't think anyone would even want to go with 1020.

Funny fact: I didn't said a word about specs, weight, competition, other devices, which will sell more. The ONLY and ONE thing I argumented was how pocket friendly the devices are. I agree with you in every aspect, but I just mentioned sizes, and how they fit in a pocket.
[ This Message was edited by: Felimenta97 on 2013-07-14 06:58 ]
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2013-07-14 08:04
@Felimenta

Let's try to understand this in a different way.

Let's say Lumia 1020 costs 700 Dollars and the Honami costs 750 dollars. So Lumia 1020 is more wallet friendly than the Honami but is it good value considering what you are getting for your 700 dollars as compared to the Honami which costs 50 dollars more but packs in LOADS more features ? No.

Similarly even though the Lumia 1020 may be more pocket friendly compared to say Xperia Z, it really isn't as it shouldn't even be compared to devices with 5" screen size wise. Even with a 4.5" screen its bigger and thicker than Xperia ZL, HTC One and Samsung Galaxy S4. Why would you want such a huge device with a 4.5" screen? It should be compared to other devices with 4.5" screen(Xperia T/TX/Ion/SP/ZR) and not 5" screen devices.

This is what I'm trying to say. We can either look at it one way and say it's pocket friendly compared to Xperia Z/Honami or acknowledge the fact that it's the least pocket friendly 4.5" device.
[ This Message was edited by: randomuser on 2013-07-14 07:09 ]
AbhiD999
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2013-07-14 08:07

On 2013-07-14 07:58:06, Felimenta97 wrote:

On 2013-07-14 07:50:33, AbhiD999 wrote:

Funny fact: I didn't said a word about specs, weight, competition, other devices, which will sell more. The ONLY and ONE thing I argumented was how pocket friendly the devices are. I agree with you in every aspect, but I just mentioned sizes, and how they fit in a pocket.
[ This Message was edited by: Felimenta97 on 2013-07-14 06:58 ]

what i wanted to say is that people don't care about dimensions unless it's north of 5.5/6". If people actually cared than no one would have bought 5" screen phones.
So there is no point in discussing about whether a phone is pocket friendly or not!!!
Felimenta97
Sony Xperia S
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-07-14 08:23
@randomuser: Now it makes more sense. The thing is that it is wrong to compare a 4.5 inch device to a 5 inch one...

@Abhil: Then I understood the comparasion wrong (got with last ramu's post). And saying that people only care about dimensions above 5 inches and above isn't that true. My mom, for example, thinks 3.5 inches is too big lol (The thing is: there is people who care about dimentions below that too)

moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-07-14 10:34
alright guys.. i think we can all agree the pocket friendliness of a phone depends on the person and the pocket. let's allow this thread to linger in silence until there's actual information to discuss.

moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2013-07-14 10:46
I'm amazed you guys only place your phones on your pocket I always buy a small neck strapped bag and carry them with my neck, and it's the same case with my compact cameras, I always carry with me the keys for the door of my house and vehicle, so I couldn't risk scratching or cracking the surface of my phone, regardless of whether it has dragontrail glass or not. besides it's alot easier to draw out your Smartphone on cases like when you're sitting or when you're riding railway vehicles on rush hour.
10 years at Esato
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2013-07-14 11:11
Razec will shortly post his impressions on Honami camera performance ( beta stage, far from final software). So you guys will get a good idea as to what can expected from the 2/3" Exmor R sensor and the Sony G Lens.

All that is allowed to be shared will be posted, so please do not spam Razec's PM for more info

While naturally it is expected the final version will bring further improvements, I would suggest keeping expectations toned down until release.
[ This Message was edited by: randomuser on 2013-07-14 10:24 ]
vivftp
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-07-14 11:22
I usually keep my phone in my shirt pocket. That's one reason I woldn't get the Z Ultra because it'd wind up sticking about 1" outside of my pocket, lol.

The main problem with using my shirt pocket is that if I bend over and am not paying attention, my phone goes for a trip to the ground. My x10a has hit the ground about 30-40 times since I got it, mostly because of that exact reason. Honami being larger might help it stay put, but if it's less grippy it might slip out easier.
XperiaJunkie
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-07-14 12:15
September the 4th can't come quick enough
I'm so happy 'cause today
I've found my friends ...
They're in my head
razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2013-07-14 12:28
As ramu mentioned, I saw samples from Honami's camera (with beta software) on 4 ISO settings (100, 400, 800, 1600), before anything else, and I was given the green light to share my thoughts over it. From this point I must say the camera is promising, I can only confirm the following camera specs based on the EXIF data included: 20MP (5248x3936pixels), F2 lens, 5mm focal length. JPEG engine has less aggressive NR than XZ prior to the latter receiving a ported camera driver.

now based on the early sample image that I saw, full res output @ISO100 reveals lots of detail comparable (take note, not better or anything superior) with the old RX100 with minimal loss of detail at ISO400, though at ISO800 and 1600 the image is flooded with Luminance and chroma noise with visible color blotches plaguing the image but someof the small details that I've seen visible with the ISO400 sample are preserved, bokeh effect is virtually similar to 1020's. as you guys would know, I posted my thoughts on Honami's ISO1600 performance relative to RX100's on the previous page before I got my hands on the sample, but now I have to say that RX100 @ISO1600+ is virtually untouchable at any rate. I can't comment on how it fares against 1020, but think they'll be neck and neck when comparing their full resolution outputs. one more thing, the samples exhibited some corners softening but barrel distortion is handled pretty well (could be due to image processor just like how it's usually corrected on compact cameras).

Now compared with all smartphone cameras available 808/1020s aside, Honami's camera performance will wipe the competition including S4 zoom and the old Galaxy Camera IMHO. but I advice we keep our expectations low, 1020's biggest weapon is the oversampling, and I think Sony has nothing to counter against that, so the competition boils down on which camera delivers better per pixel detail at full resolution. and as of this moment, I'm not sure who's got the upper hand to be honest. besides the sample images that I've seen with my eyes are based on pre production software, so we can't rule out the possibility that the JPEG engine will be better.

now the question is can my post be trusted?, I'll leave that to you guys, as I don't have the means to prove the legibility of my post unless I'll be given again the greenlight to show you what I've seen and see things for yourself
10 years at Esato
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 914915916 ... 122712281229  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic