Add to Bookmarks
Previous  123 ... 694695696 ... 122712281229  Next
Author SONY Xperia Rumors 2013 Edition
reeflotz
Hazel
PM
Posted: 2013-06-16 05:09
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Are you all guys serious? not wanting Xenon flash? and even preferring LED? LED makes the pic look washed out and uneven plus it cannot make shutter speed fast enough to prevent blur on fast motion scenes, unlike if you have xenon, you get a much even lighting, you get blur free shots, and yes it improves the picture quality a LOT, you can even use xenon to even the lighting when you're taking a picture against the light in daylight indoor photos, there's so much you can do on a camera with a Xenon flash.

@yuunanase

As razec have said you can have both, to add to his list, the c901 also has both xenon and LED, you can use the Xenon for pictures while use the LED instead for videos and also as a torch.
Hazel J20i [Bricked], Sony Xperia Go
reeflotz.blogspot.com
reeflotz@deviantart
razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2013-06-16 05:39

On 2013-06-16 05:09:41, reeflotz wrote:
to add to his list, the c901 also has both xenon and LED, you can use the Xenon for pictures while use the LED instead for videos and also as a torch.

yes and guess what C901 is just 10mm~ thin, and has a mechanical lens cover, now tell me how Sony couldn't make it possible on Honami given it has a smaller PCB and wider chassis?
10 years at Esato
supercoolman
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-06-16 05:46

On 2013-06-16 02:27:20, razec wrote:
I can't believe people here are saying they don't need xenon flash, if that's the approach that you want Sony to take then I think the camera technology is going backwards in which the absence of optical zoom on these so called camera killers are the first downgrade, Honami is supposed to properly replace compact cameras and given it's price, It'll be disappointing not to have one. those who thinks xenon flashes are not an essential imaging tool must have never heard of "flash photography" and how enthusiast photographers can produce great photos with them.

sounds like you know the price of Honami already. care to share?
yuunanase
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-06-16 05:48
@razec @reefoltz

Thanks for pointing that out. I completely forgot that Satio had both and it was the best flash on any mobile phones.
venus, kiki, vulcan, rachael, anzu, akane, nozomi, hikari, hayabusa, tsubasa, yuga, togari, honami, sirius, leo, ivy, surime
supercoolman
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-06-16 05:51

On 2013-06-16 05:39:06, razec wrote:
yes and guess what C901 is just 10mm~ thin, and has a mechanical lens cover, now tell me how Sony couldn't make it possible on Honami given it has a smaller PCB and wider chassis?

13mm to be exact
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-06-16 06:28
On a smartphone I would sacrifice xenon for a slimmer design, maybe because when I want to take a serious photo I use my Nikon DSLR. Until I owned a very nice proper camera I wanted to believe y phone could take enthusiast quality photos, but the truth is that it can't.

I can see Honami is going to upset some people here. There are two groups of people n this thread at the moment, group 1 wants an awesome phone with the best camera a phone has had and group 2 wants a compact camera that can take a phone call and send some texts.

Honami cannot fill the hopes of both because the priorities are different.

Personally, I'm in group 1 and would love to see a design that will stand for many years as the best design of it's era. I would give up some camera gimmickery for this, I suspect most here who have a enthusiast level camera would agree. Out of everyone else I suspect there are still some who wouldn't want the camera to be the primary feature of the major flagship.

Everyone should prepare to be disappointed, hope to be pleasantly surprised.
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
supercoolman
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-06-16 07:33

On 2013-06-16 06:28:11, Ricky D wrote:
I can see Honami is going to upset some people here. There are two groups of people n this thread at the moment, group 1 wants an awesome phone with the best camera a phone has had and group 2 wants a compact camera that can take a phone call and send some texts.

Honami cannot fill the hopes of both because the priorities are different.

I only see average user and average user + photo enthusiast from your categories. only photo enthusiast can get disappointed?
reeflotz
Hazel
PM
Posted: 2013-06-16 07:40
@Ricky D

Actually one of the reasons why I would want a Xenon flash on Honami is because it seems to be a flagship that is focused on being a cameraphone and seems to compete with the nokia EOS and some of the older cameraphones N8 and 808, if they are going to go that far in beefing up the camera specs might as well add a Xenon flash.

On the other hand, if Honami was not geared to be a cameraphone and advertised as a flagship that brings performance and a media centric device in a slim profile, then I wouldn't mind if it didn't have xenon.

With the given rumored specs it seems to be a cameraphone and if Sony advertises it as such then it should have xenon in my opinion though. Anyway the debate started when there was suddenly a XR3 rumor that it's not going to have xenon. Guess we will just have to wait and see.
[ This Message was edited by: reeflotz on 2013-06-16 06:42 ]
Hazel J20i [Bricked], Sony Xperia Go
reeflotz.blogspot.com
reeflotz@deviantart
yuunanase
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-06-16 07:45

On 2013-06-16 06:28:11, Ricky D wrote:

Group 2 has already been fulfilled by XZ, and later Ray 3. If Honami is anything like that, they will be behind competitors again. After all these hype, SMC will not be stupid enough to do this.

I have some more questions on future models:

1) I am also wondering, will there be an overclocked version of Z later this year, similar to arc S and SL?
2) If all models with japanese names (Yuga, Gaga, Dogo) are designed by the Toyko office, Chinese names (HuaShan) are from Beijing and Scandinavic names (Odin) are from Lund, will there be any other devices from anywhere other than Tokyo for H2?
venus, kiki, vulcan, rachael, anzu, akane, nozomi, hikari, hayabusa, tsubasa, yuga, togari, honami, sirius, leo, ivy, surime
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2013-06-16 07:48
^

Don't know where you got that from. All devices are developed in Tokyo. Lund is only for software now and Beijing is a more like complimentary to Tokyo. No 2013 device has been developed at Beijing or Lund.

But of course all 2013 devices including Togari were first conceived at Lund, and for the most part completed in Tokyo. The first device to be developed entirely from ground up at Tokyo is Honami aka i1.
[ This Message was edited by: randomuser on 2013-06-16 06:51 ]
yuunanase
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-06-16 07:55
Thanks for clarifying that. I remember someone suggest that SP (HuaShan) and L was developed in Beijing, so I instantly assumed that Odin was from Sweeden
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2013-06-16 07:58
No, SP was also finished in Tokyo. A chinese codename doesn't mean that the device was developed in Beijing. Numerous Sony Ericsson devices had Japanese codenames(Satio,Arc,Xperia S,Ray) doesn't mean they were developed at Tokyo
[ This Message was edited by: randomuser on 2013-06-16 07:00 ]
bipinm
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2013-06-16 08:31
@supercoolman : Check first page for XR ratings...

Rumor Grading System Reference

XR1 = probably fake rumor
XR2 = rumor from unknown sources
XR3=50% chance it is correct
XR4=rumor from known sources
XR5=almost certainly correct!

As i am seeing honami as a cameraphone that is made to crush nokia and samsung, i want a xenon flash... Like somebody mentioned above it will make the image blur free and will have faster shutter speed and will be good for night photographs...It should also have atleast one LED for video mode and for torch...I will forget Xenon, if Sony can deliver exceptionally good low light Photos...And also the New Jpeg engine should be the best...
unknownC151A
Sony Xperia V
PM
Posted: 2013-06-16 08:33

On 2013-06-16 07:48:26, randomuser wrote:
^

Don't know where you got that from. All devices are developed in Tokyo. Lund is only for software now and Beijing is a more like complimentary to Tokyo. No 2013 device has been developed at Beijing or Lund.

But of course all 2013 devices including Togari were first conceived at Lund, and for the most part completed in Tokyo. The first device to be developed entirely from ground up at Tokyo is Honami aka i1.
[ This Message was edited by: randomuser on 2013-06-16 06:51 ]

Xperia E is. OMD devices are Chinese.
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2013-06-16 08:37
^

Yes but that's not under SMC, so that doesn't count. Xperia E is made by a Taiwanese ODM Compal I believe. Tipo was by Foxconn China
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 694695696 ... 122712281229  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic