Posted: 2012-09-23 22:30
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2012-09-23 03:04:22, Miss UK wrote:

On 2012-09-22 17:10:58, JiggyJaggy wrote:
If anyone else wanted to keep things simple I did the following:

1) Bought Sim Free iP5
2) Walked into CPW and bought a nano sim for £15
3) Sales Rep transferred my pay monthly number onto the new Sim
4) Happy me, was working within 20 mins!

Simples!

That's great Jiggy,

Did u have any issues getting it?
Seems there's a backlog as usual again lol

No been using it for 2 days now. Worked all instantly.
UK's only deidcated online Vertu Sales
julias
X2 White
PM
Posted: 2012-09-24 16:23
Five million iPhone 5 sold in just three days!

http://www.pocket-lint.com/ne[....]on-iphone-5-sold-in-three-days
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2012-09-24 21:57
Don't believe them
Phone?? What phone??
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2012-09-24 22:17
Just had my second go with the iPhone 5 and this time i couldnt tell it apart from the 4S.

I was in the O2 store local to me and there it was sat next to the 4S. At first i thought it was the 4S and then realised with its black surround it was the 5.

Hell, if i cant tell them apart at first glance then clearly theres been little innovation between the two.
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2012-09-24 22:21
Indeed. Just a few tweaks inside and stretched. They have made video calling over a mobile network for first-time. Revolutionary. Not
Phone?? What phone??
rikken
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2012-09-24 23:12
Neither my wife nor my daughter see any reason to switch from the 4S to the iPhone5
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2012-09-24 23:13
Apple who??
Phone?? What phone??
Supa_Fly
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-09-25 00:55

On 2012-09-24 21:57:00, Bonovox wrote:
Don't believe them

Sure don't believe them since they do report this to the regulatory agency which can completely freeze their stock sales and effectively their majority of revenue.

This has been Apple's accounting practice for quite a while. It doesn't recognize revenue from online sales to customers until those customers receive the product. From Apple's 2011 10-K:

Net sales consist primarily of revenue from the sale of hardware, software, digital content and applications, peripherals, and service and support contracts. The Company recognizes revenue when persuasive evidence of an arrangement exists, delivery has occurred, the sales price is fixed or determinable, and collection is probable. Product is considered delivered to the customer once it has been shipped and title and risk of loss have been transferred. For most of the Company’s product sales, these criteria are met at the time the product is shipped. For online sales to individuals, for some sales to education customers in the U.S., and for certain other sales, the Company defers revenue until the customer receives the product because the Company legally retains a portion of the risk of loss on these sales during transit. The Company recognizes revenue from the sale of hardware products, software bundled with hardware that is essential to the functionality of the hardware, and third-party digital content sold on the iTunes Store in accordance with general revenue recognition accounting guidance. The Company recognizes revenue in accordance with industry specific software accounting guidance for the following types of sales transactions: (i) standalone sales of software products, (ii) sales of software upgrades and (iii) sales of software bundled with hardware not essential to the functionality of the hardware.

Late this week or next you'll see a higher number, now you'll know why in advance before crying foul. I've had the chance to hold the iPhone 5 today by one of our consultants that upgraded and holy moly I'm SERIOUSLY impressed. The weight .. not a big deal when using an SGS2/3 but from an iPhone 4/4S is like night and day!! Love the materials used, as it still feels solid ... however with the lighter weight ... it no longer "feels" like a premium product (more on this revalation later). Screen is considerably taller and perfect for watching movies ... yes its what the iPhone 4S should've been!

Therein lies my distaste, which may not last for too long (2mths at least as I have other financial obligations to deal with currently). I'm beginning to tire of features lacking when the hardware is there, and more about when neither is there. Example: a few weeks back I debated to someone who doesn't care for iPhone or my posts about NFC ... I know far too well its benefits and that we ALL have yet to fully see it into fruition. I'm not yet convinced that Passbook is a viable competitor until I see a smooth way to download updates into it from vendors (FutureShop, BestBuy, Amazon, American Airlines, British Airways, Air Canada should ALL be on top of this for launch day already). The part I'm VERY stoked about in the iPhone 5 is Dual-Band Wifi at 2.4+5ghz - this is useless to full enjoy LTE tethering speeds because there is NO WAY TO EXPLOIT USE out of this hardware feature in iOS 6' current state.

I'll reserve my final ugprade decision until I get a chance to hold the Xperia S, SL, and hopefully the TX.
|AppleTV2|iPhone 12Mini 256GB|iPad Pro 256GB| Previously ... K750|Z500|Z520|K700|K790i|K850i, :Ericsson: T18z|T28World|T36m x3|T68m (Ericsson, not the rebranded T68i).
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2012-09-25 01:07
Apparently Apple was aware of the build issue

mblog.gsmarena.com/was-apple-aware-of-the-iphone-5-build-quality-issues/
Phone?? What phone??
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2012-09-25 01:54
Popped into CPW on my travels away from home
Today the iPhone 5 is nice but one thing hits my mind

(Landscape) the screen needs more beef on the sides
Otherwise it's not that bad as I've got a iOS 6 4S didn't
Feel any change what so ever

I'm interested to see a white iPhone 5 anyway
The black iPhones seem to show up fingerprints
A lot although the metal middle on it looks rather nicer
Then then just standard silver, didn't see the back of the phone
As I didn't wanna touch it in case alarms went off lol
An "Apple" a day keeps the Doctor at Bay!
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2012-09-25 03:16
The Apple Chinese factory reports have come in of staff fighting
Phone?? What phone??
Supa_Fly
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-09-25 03:26

On 2012-09-25 03:16:00, Bonovox wrote:
The Apple Chinese factory reports have come in of staff fighting

Yeah riots at Foxconn, that was yesterday 5K police showed up for 3K workers. Tomorrow its back to the grind. No hard reports of how this will affect product numbers to be shipped. we'll see.

Hmm,
Scuffgate (does EVERY damn Apple fan have to name everything stupid? Earpods, Lightning connector, really?!)
Battery life issues on iP5 (I'm sure update is soon pending)
dents some issues related to scuffgate out of the box brand new. Damaged in rush shipping? Unsure.
Great looking device and I'm sure in 2mths IF I decide to buy it I'll be very content and happy.
No DAMN CASES! Nadda NOTHING to prevent scuffgate from showing up IF BNIB didnt' have it already.
but ...

Xperia S/SL is available now .... I don't care much for JB, as ICS is good enough to be honest, most don't see any major difference in JB just different apps to shuffle to get their customizations to work all over again.
|AppleTV2|iPhone 12Mini 256GB|iPad Pro 256GB| Previously ... K750|Z500|Z520|K700|K790i|K850i, :Ericsson: T18z|T28World|T36m x3|T68m (Ericsson, not the rebranded T68i).
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2012-09-25 12:27
If you own an iPhone 4S, the iPhone 5 will be amazing to you. If you own anything else, you won't feel the same. It is what it is. Apple have a very strong fan base, some would say that Apple users are simple people (American air heads) in which case this is just fine for them. It does simple things quickly but I do a lot more with my phone which is why Android works for me. iPhone 5 isn't a bad device by any means, its a decent product although nothing compared to its competitors but then again, if you're looking for something simple and stable you can't go wrong with Apple.
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2012-09-25 12:30
Apparently the new stock of Iphone 5 with the issues resolved will come with Sony In Cell touch screen instead of Sharp.

Iphone 5 was originally slated to use a Sony display but later Apple decided to go for Sharp, but due to the touchscreen problems with their displays Apple will now be getting displays from Sony.

Good for Sony
[ This Message was edited by: randomuser on 2012-09-25 11:33 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 8910 ... 333435  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic