randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2012-11-14 08:38
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2012-11-14 08:22:15, caff111 wrote:

On 2012-11-11 11:17:35, Arne Anka wrote:

On 2012-11-11 02:19:51, caff111 wrote:
I have got the TV dock working but somehow my bravia TV remote control can't seem to be able to control the launcher, how should I get my TV remote to work? Cheers

Have you enabled HDMI CEC (or Bravia Link or Bravia Sync as Sony calls it) on your TV ?

How do I enable it on my Bravia TV?? Do I need to press any button?

Once you connect your phone to your Bravia, open TV launcher. Then you will get a notification on your TV screen asking you if you want to control the phone with your TV remote. Choose Yes/Continue.

What model year Bravia do you own ? I guess it doesn't work on older models. On mine it works just fine, I can control my S with Bravia remote.
caff111
Sony Xperia TX
PM
Posted: 2012-11-14 10:31

On 2012-11-14 08:38:00, randomuser wrote:

On 2012-11-14 08:22:15, caff111 wrote:

On 2012-11-11 11:17:35, Arne Anka wrote:

On 2012-11-11 02:19:51, caff111 wrote:
I have got the TV dock working but somehow my bravia TV remote control can't seem to be able to control the launcher, how should I get my TV remote to work? Cheers

Have you enabled HDMI CEC (or Bravia Link or Bravia Sync as Sony calls it) on your TV ?

How do I enable it on my Bravia TV?? Do I need to press any button?

Once you connect your phone to your Bravia, open TV launcher. Then you will get a notification on your TV screen asking you if you want to control the phone with your TV remote. Choose Yes/Continue.

What model year Bravia do you own ? I guess it doesn't work on older models. On mine it works just fine, I can control my S with Bravia remote.

My Bravia TV was old, like 2009 model and I don't get a notification on my TV screen asking if I want to control the phone with my TV remote. Damn it.
Arne Anka
Sony Xperia P
PM
Posted: 2012-11-14 10:46

On 2012-11-14 10:31:37, caff111 wrote:
My Bravia TV was old, like 2009 model and I don't get a notification on my TV screen asking if I want to control the phone with my TV remote. Damn it.

On my Philips I have to go into my TVs setting menu to enable HDMI CEC, perhaps on older Sonys there is a similar setting in your TV (check the manual) ?
caff111
Sony Xperia TX
PM
Posted: 2012-11-14 11:53

On 2012-11-14 10:46:52, Arne Anka wrote:

On 2012-11-14 10:31:37, caff111 wrote:

On my Philips I have to go into my TVs setting menu to enable HDMI CEC, perhaps on older Sonys there is a similar setting in your TV (check the manual) ?

on my Xperia TX, do I select MTP or MSC under USB connection mode of connectivity settings? Does it make a difference? I did have my TV HDMI setting enable but still not able to control it via remote.
alexwu98
Sony Xperia TX
PM
Posted: 2012-11-14 12:41
Haven't been on this thread for so long . I got a few messages about the comparison of Xperia S's screen to Xperia TX's....so i finally have time to dig out the my Sony flagships and compare them. Before, i thought The Xperia TX has the exact same screen as the S, just blown up larger, but i was wrong. Comparing both of them, TX markedly has deeper and blacker blacks with more vivid colours. On Xperia S, the darker colours feel slightly washed out when brightness is at 100%, but TX retains very vivid colours even at max brightness, closer to the saturation of AMOLED screens. But i feel Xperia S's screen seems a little brighter at 100% than TX. But there is definitely a big boost up from screen saturation and vividness in the TX . And 2010 flagship Satio..well..the screen is just not on the same league as the S and TX. Excuse the photo, i took it with my tablet and it doesnt do the screens justice.
SE W850i>LG Chocolate>SE Aino>SE Satio U1i>HTC Desire HD>SE Arc S>Sony Xperia S>Xperia TX
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2012-11-14 12:58
Would you look at how tiny the Satio's screen looks??? Amazing how tech has grown and got better in just 2-3years.

Ive been looking at quite a few comparison pics of T and TX, and i must say TX seems to out class the T, mainly due to the higher attention on detail Sony have paid to the TX.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
alexwu98
Sony Xperia TX
PM
Posted: 2012-11-14 13:11

On 2012-11-14 12:58:16, Tsepz_GP wrote:
Would you look at how tiny the Satio's screen looks??? Amazing how tech has grown and got better in just 2-3years.

Ive been looking at quite a few comparison pics of T and TX, and i must say TX seems to out class the T, mainly due to the higher attention on detail Sony have paid to the TX.

Fully agreed! back in 2010, Satio's screensize was one of its main attractions! rivaling and even in some aspects beating that of the iPhone 3GS! But now, the S3, TX, OneX takes screensize to a whole new level. But i think above 5.2inch is probably not so ideal for alot of people in terms of for a phone.

And yes, i believe TX is so much more sleeker and elegant than T...its finish and design gives it that much more feeling of quality than T, even if there quality are both very good. I think the uneven top and bottom bezel of T might have blemished its appearance..but thats subjective.
SE W850i>LG Chocolate>SE Aino>SE Satio U1i>HTC Desire HD>SE Arc S>Sony Xperia S>Xperia TX
petermu
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2012-11-14 15:52
Any of you, (owner of Xperia TX or T), do you think we still need screen protector for the XTX or T?
Please share. Thanks.
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2012-11-14 16:37
The applied screen protector isn't scratch resistant but the actual screen is.

If you want to look after the actual screen, even though it is scratch proof, take off the current screen protector and apply a good quality one.
Arne Anka
Sony Xperia P
PM
Posted: 2012-11-14 18:30

On 2012-11-14 11:53:56, caff111 wrote:
on my Xperia TX, do I select MTP or MSC under USB connection mode of connectivity settings? Does it make a difference? I did have my TV HDMI setting enable but still not able to control it via remote.

Neither. Both those options have to do with file transfer (MTP = Media Transfer Protocol, MSC = Mass Storage Class). Don't think you need to configure anything on your phone. Either it detects that a HDMI CEC device is connected to it or it does not.

Note that HDMI CEC consists of several functions and I'm not sure all of them are mandatory, so there is a possibility that remote control pass through is not implemented on your TV. Depending on implementation, sometimes the start order plays an important role (e.g powering up your TV after connection the phone vs. powering it up before).

HDMI CEC compatibility between devices is from my experience not rock solid and sometimes it works and sometimes it does not (especially if you connect MHL to an older HDMI)). Better check Sony support about this.
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-11-15 03:13

On 2012-11-14 13:11:14, alexwu98 wrote:
And yes, i believe TX is so much more sleeker and elegant than T...its finish and design gives it that much more feeling of quality than T, even if there quality are both very good. I think the uneven top and bottom bezel of T might have blemished its appearance..but thats subjective.

I completely agree. I think the designers at Sony realised this which is why the recent Yuga leaks show a very similar looking from to TX except adding even more symmetry with the mic grill matching the ear-piece grill.
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
northmonkey
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2012-11-15 19:19
Still can't decide on whether to get the T or the S3, I don't want to make the wrong decision.

Camera quality is important but I have no idea which one is better.
mediar
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-11-15 20:14

On 2012-11-15 19:19:38, northmonkey wrote:
Still can't decide on whether to get the T or the S3, I don't want to make the wrong decision.

Camera quality is important but I have no idea which one is better.

Definitely the S3. It already has Android 4.1, better camera, player, UI and Samsung's product support ( like OS updates ) lasts much longer than sony's - remember the SGS2 vs Xperia Arc case ( the first is going to get its JB update till the end of the year, while the Arc/Arc S is stuck with that extremely buggy ICS and Sony has already totally forgotten about it ). Or SGS1 vs X10.
[ This Message was edited by: mediar on 2012-11-15 19:19 ]
The best mobile phone brand died with Sony Ericsson's death. Shame on you Sony for killing it! And, of course, for ruining the Xperia brand...
Mediar's Site
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-11-15 22:33
I would take X T.
Camera is comparable, design and screen is much better.
UI of Samsung looks like cr..p.

And actually Sony gives more and more support to the customers.
Samsung's support doesn't last that much longer - the cycles are still relatively short.
SGS II is not getting the latest Androids either although it has been a flagship not that long ago.
a w a r e
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2012-11-15 23:16

On 2012-11-15 22:33:11, doministry wrote:
I would take X T.
Camera is comparable, design and screen is much better.
UI of Samsung looks like cr..p.

And actually Sony gives more and more support to the customers.
Samsung's support doesn't last that much longer - the cycles are still relatively short.
SGS II is not getting the latest Androids either although it has been a flagship not that long ago.

What are you on about??? The S2 is getting Android4.1.2:
http://www.sammobile.com/2012[....]-1-2-jelly-bean-test-firmware/
Not to mention that the Galaxy Note1 is also getting it.

Please name me ONE 2011 Sony/SE phone that is getting Android 4.1 JB??? and also please name me ONE Sony that has Android4.1, RIGHT NOW?
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 585960 ... 131132133  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic