Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > Sony Xperia T & TX thread

Previous  123 ... 474849 ... 131132133  Next
Author Sony Xperia T & TX thread
Big_D
Sony Xperia TX
PM
Posted: 2012-10-19 13:55
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
@HxH you really can't rely on them, especially T-Mobile, for this. I had this problem since my first unlocked phone bought overseas, had that problems with my Nokia N97 mini, Sony Ericsson Vivaz Pro, Xperia Neo and this TX.
T-Mobile will try to help but I haven't gotten a good results, even chatting on T-Mobile forums didn't really get me anywhere, then I had to search online, tried and test each APNs to finally found this one that works.

Most carriers in the USA offer unlimited texting and messages included in the plan. usually it's $5-10 per month.

T-mobile USA network.
Xperia x10i unlocked + 32GB / Xperia Neo
Xperia TX LT29i
Xperia Z C6606
Xperia L C2104
Xperia M Dual C2004
Currently using Xperia Z1s C6916 (T-Mobile USA)
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-10-19 14:09
T-mobile call hspa+ '4G'.

Sony call it H+.

On a branded handset they'd just ask the manufacturer to rename the icon.
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
HxH
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2012-10-19 15:07
Oh, that's really nice offering and thanks for sharing too

in my local, SMS (10 cent) / MMS (30 cent) cost per usage but voice is reasonable depend on operators.
[ This Message was edited by: HxH on 2012-10-19 15:05 ]
SONY x Sexy x Sleek x Solid x Stunner x Stylish : Nozomi/Kagura with Love.
caff111
Sony Xperia TX
PM
Posted: 2012-10-19 18:32

On 2012-10-18 19:07:27, caff111 wrote:

On 2012-10-18 10:09:31, blackvodka wrote:

On 2012-10-18 09:27:44, caff111 wrote:
What should be the picture resolution size for using as wallpaper on Xperia TX? Also, I found the picture phone book seems to be pixelated even if I select high resolution pic. My old T10 doesn't do that and do show pic in high resolution without pixelated. Why my new TX picture phone book is pixelated? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Even I cut the pic at maximum, it still showing a bit pixelated for picture phone book on my TX. Anyone has the same problem on their Xperia TX? Any solution? Thanks.

Any help is appreciated, thanks! The pixelation problem of picture phone book contact has been bothering me on my TX, should I turn off google contact sync? What's the solution? Cheers.
newnagasaki
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-10-20 02:49

On 2012-10-19 12:58:15, Big_D wrote:

On 2012-10-19 12:00:58, Ricky D wrote:
Is there any Google applications AT ALL installed? If so then you are fine.

With China phones there are NO Google apps whatsoever. No Gmail, Google Maps, GTalk, no Google in Account & Sync, no Google search, no voice search, no Play store and no YouTube.

I guess mine if HK then, it have all of the apps that you mentioned. thanks Ricky D.
I love the size and the thinness of the phone, while at the same time doesn't seem fragile like my mother's Samsung Galaxy S2 that seems I could easily break it like a toothpick.
I'm still in the process of exploring the phone and getting used to it.
I'm also looking into it's data. it pops up 3G, H and H+, but no 4G like on my T-Mobile branded HTC Amaze 4G. I wonder if H+ is 4G's, the speed is quite good, it loads webpage, browser and streaming videos fast. so I'm happy for now.

While I did had a problem with the Internet and MMS settings cannot received normal-sized Picture messages, I found an APNs settings that works for 4 of my Sony (Ericsson) phones and glad it works on this, too. btw, I'm on T-Mobile USA network.

Bro where did you get your Xperia T and how much did it cost? I'm shopping around for a low price.. I may even wait a month or so to see if the prices go down.
alexwu98
Sony Xperia TX
PM
Posted: 2012-10-20 05:06
Jellybean for Xperia T, TX and V Q1 2013 (February). Sony really takes their time with updates..
SE W850i>LG Chocolate>SE Aino>SE Satio U1i>HTC Desire HD>SE Arc S>Sony Xperia S>Xperia TX
Big_D
Sony Xperia TX
PM
Posted: 2012-10-20 05:25
@Ricky D thanks, H+=4G, got it.

@newnagasaki I bought mine on eBay.com. Did you want an Xperia T (LT30p) or Xperia TX (LT29i)?

I myself got an LT29i (the one with the replaceable battery).

this is the one I bought, White Xperia TX LT29i. . best deal i found so far. but the price fluctuated on some days. I bought mine @ 599 USD, but it can jump to 615 or 639 USD. they also have a black one. seller is from Texas, USA.

also have a Xperia T (LT30p) but more pricey @ 649 USD.

btw, TX is HK version, T is most likely UK version. I had ask the seller before.

best ones I found on ebay.com hope this will help you.
[ This Message was edited by: Big_D on 2012-10-20 04:43 ]

T-mobile USA network.
Xperia TX LT29i
Xperia Z C6606
Xperia L C2104
Xperia M Dual C2004
Big_D
Sony Xperia TX
PM
Posted: 2012-10-20 05:41

On 2012-10-20 05:06:37, alexwu98 wrote:
Jellybean for Xperia T, TX and V Q1 2013 (February). Sony really takes their time with updates..

What is the difference from ICS to Jellybean? what are the new features and updates and bug fixes? More home screens? my 2.1 android xperia x10 and 2.3 Xperia Neo have 5 home screens, I would've thought that they'll give us more, I wonder if it's something a third-party app can resolve? I just like to have alot of widgets on my screen. 5 home screens aren't gonna cut it. And why the Photos and Video widgets isn't full screen? only take up 4 blocks, I want a full size one. like how Xperia x10 or Neo. and the walkman widgets is too small. I want one with full size and shuffle and repeat button appear on the widgets.
also ability to arrange the order of the home screens would be nice.

btw, I wonder if anyone finds the OEM battery (BA900) on sale, or the back cover of the TX?

I bought 3 replacement battery along with an external charger for my TX. but I know these start losing charge after some use. while the OEM battery last 2-3 hours longer. ex. my Xperia x10, Neo and HTC Amaze 4G normally have 8-9 hours on OEM from full to empty with my normal usage. RP Batt is usually 6 hours. I really would love to use OEM if possible, but cannot find it on either eBay.com or Amazon.com, my main 2 online retails. guess I should wait?

the Back cover seems fragile for me, I have a heavy hand. I'm afraid opening and switching the phones too much, I might just snap and damage the back cover anytime. nice if I can by some backups, maybe different colors and mix/match.
I'm also looking for a Dock, doesn't have to be TV dock, but to dock my phone and use as an alarm clock on my nightstand. A dock with built-in speakers and able to play music would be even better. Charging is a must.

Since the phone is still really new, maybe replacement OEM part will appear soon, maybe even more docking options. I can only hope.

I even checked parts for the Xperia GX Hayabusa (Japan's TX), no luck.
[ This Message was edited by: Big_D on 2012-10-20 04:44 ]

T-mobile USA network.
Xperia TX LT29i
Xperia Z C6606
Xperia L C2104
Xperia M Dual C2004
funkadopest
Sony Xperia Z5 Premium
PM
Posted: 2012-10-20 09:05
So Xperia TL (LT30at) is the only "T" with LTE bands ?
The T (LT30i) and the TX (LT29i) are UMTS HSPA+, no LTE ?!?
getting confused with all those models...the LT will be available on AT&T soon but that means that stupid AT&T logo will be right at the bottom of the phone just like my Ion now (but I flashed the international ICS firmware, still have the LTE bands and removed all the AT&T bloatware, the only thing I can't remove is that logo right on top of the phone which ruins the esthetic)...so my question is is there any Xperia T family phone with LTE bands other than the one going to AT&T?
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-10-20 11:43
@Big D

Jellybean looks really great when you look closer at the new features over ICS.

The number of homescreens thing can be sorted out if you use a 3rd party launcher, I use Nova launcher but I've used ADW and Go launcher in the past.

As far as the battery thing goes, I think shortly after Xperia J is released you'll see availability of original batteries in non TX regions, as TX and J use the same BA900 battery. I think regions with TX already have them available, unless what I've seen here in Beijing are fakes (very possible).
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
Big_D
Sony Xperia TX
PM
Posted: 2012-10-20 17:38
@Ricky D thanks I'll keep those in mind. in the meantime, I'll just keep using those Replacement battery. btw, you have a TX, correct. how long did the battery last from fully charged to zero in the first use? mine is 14 hours, and I use it normally like with all my other phones, which lasted barely 7 hours on the best OEM batt.
since it's the first use, it will probably loses charge over several use. How normally do your OEM battery last from your normal usage from Full to empty?

question goes for anyone else who's own a TX. how long did your battery last from Full to empty on a daily usage?

T-mobile USA network.
Xperia TX LT29i
Xperia Z C6606
Xperia L C2104
Xperia M Dual C2004
bambarah
Aino White
PM
Posted: 2012-10-20 22:13
When Xperia T/TX would be launched globaly ?

It is expected to be in Kuwait before Xmas
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2012-10-20 22:36
Seen another one of these today in a store and the screen looked better than the last one I seen
Phone?? What phone??
Big_D
Sony Xperia TX
PM
Posted: 2012-10-20 23:33
Xperia TX is playstation certified, does that mean I can play games downloaded from Playstation Network? How do I do that? needs instructions.

also u know the right button of the 3 main buttons, From Left ; Back, Home and (__) is that the Small app buttons? I tried but I cannot download any additional small apps on the play store. are there just not any online the Play store?

I would also like to customize the pull down menu if possible, anyone can help me with that?

T-mobile USA network.
Xperia TX LT29i
Xperia Z C6606
Xperia L C2104
Xperia M Dual C2004
alexwu98
Sony Xperia TX
PM
Posted: 2012-10-21 00:33

On 2012-10-20 05:41:42, Big_D wrote:

On 2012-10-20 05:06:37, alexwu98 wrote:

What is the difference from ICS to Jellybean? what are the new features and updates and bug fixes? More home screens? my 2.1 android xperia x10 and 2.3 Xperia Neo have 5 home screens, I would've thought that they'll give us more, I wonder if it's something a third-party app can resolve? I just like to have alot of widgets on my screen. 5 home screens aren't gonna cut it. And why the Photos and Video widgets isn't full screen? only take up 4 blocks, I want a full size one. like how Xperia x10 or Neo. and the walkman widgets is too small. I want one with full size and shuffle and repeat button appear on the widgets.
also ability to arrange the order of the home screens would be nice.

[ This Message was edited by: Big_D on 2012-10-20 04:44 ]

@Big_D
I think in terms of UI look, there will not be much difference between ICS and Jellybean, but the main feature everyone wants Jellybean for is its optimization. It is said to be up to 4 times smoother in animations/transition than ICS, hence its dubbed "buttery smoothness". Also, the ram optimization is supposed to free up more RAM compared to ICS which is rather RAM-consuming. And yes, i agree the 5 homescreen Sony uses is just not enoughh :/ but like Ricky said there are always launchers

In terms of battery life, the first day i used my TX it only lasted 11 hours, then the second day it went up to 16 hrs. By the 4th day, by battery lasted more than 27 hours with wifi on the whole day so it seems to improve longer and longer. Although i wish it would last as long as my arc S which averages nearly 2 days and 4 hours on average use

As for the Playstation Network, follow the instructions on this site: http://www.playstation.com/psm/store/en.html
But to be honest, the selection of games are very small, and depending on your region, you may not be able to use it at all, but theres the link if you want to give it a try:)

I don't think customizing the pull down menu is not possible unless your phone is rooted and you can obtain flash file modification specific for TX...but i may be wrong
SE W850i>LG Chocolate>SE Aino>SE Satio U1i>HTC Desire HD>SE Arc S>Sony Xperia S>Xperia TX
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 474849 ... 131132133  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic