Esato

Forum > General discussions > Rumours > Nokia Windows Phone 8 prototype revealed?

12  Next
Author Nokia Windows Phone 8 prototype revealed?
tranced
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2012-08-07 17:04
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Images of an interestingly coloured Nokia handset supposedly running an early version of Windows Phone 8 have appeared online.

The snaps come via WPDang sources, which claim the handset featuring in them is located in the Far East and is running what appears to be Windows Phone 8.

Read more...
I jay0726 | (+3, 0) | Clara, Evita, Mimmi & Victoria | My Pics | Do your job!
NightBlade
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2012-08-07 17:06
Well, they've certainly innovated with the design.

/s
mediar
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-08-07 17:30
Still better design than Sony.

*my opinion*
The best mobile phone brand died with Sony Ericsson's death. Shame on you Sony for killing it! And, of course, for ruining the Xperia brand...
Mediar's Site
ILoveBhe
Apple iPhone 4S
PM
Posted: 2012-08-07 17:41
if this is real i love the design, i hate the color and i am definitely unimpressed with the tiles. Too flat
mediar
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-08-07 17:47

On 2012-08-07 17:41:53, ILoveBhe wrote:
if this is real i love the design, i hate the color and i am definitely unimpressed with the tiles. Too flat

Well, I don't like Windows Phone as well and I prefer Android instead ( Holo or Sense UI ). About the color - you can choose from a variety of colors, so it's not a big problem.
The best mobile phone brand died with Sony Ericsson's death. Shame on you Sony for killing it! And, of course, for ruining the Xperia brand...
Mediar's Site
NightBlade
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2012-08-07 17:54

On 2012-08-07 17:30:14, mediar wrote:
Still better design than Sony.

*my opinion*

За тебе знаем.
razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2012-08-07 18:25
I'm liking the notification LEDs on all Xperia devices, and the Lt29, and the NXTs have the best use for them for looks and function. that alone would be enough to give Xperia designs an edge over any phone designs. and also none of the leading manufacturers could make a tough phone as "decent" looking as the Active/AcroS/go apart from panasonic eluga. back on topic, that color version definitely looks ugly, at least in the picture, but with this it proves that Nokia have also lost its edge on designing different looking phone. iPhone is all to blame here
10 years at Esato
mediar
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-08-07 18:38

On 2012-08-07 18:25:10, razec wrote:
I'm liking the notification LEDs on all Xperia devices, and the Lt29, and the NXTs have the best use for them for looks and function. that alone would be enough to give Xperia designs an edge over any phone designs. and also none of the leading manufacturers could make a tough phone as "decent" looking as the Active/AcroS/go apart from panasonic eluga. back on topic, that color version definitely looks ugly, at least in the picture, but with this it proves that Nokia have also lost its edge on designing different looking phone. iPhone is all to blame here

Don't forget the ICS update for the 2011 Xperias, which broke the LED notification. Anyway, the black Lumias look better than any 2012 Xperia.
Mediar's Site
razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2012-08-07 18:56
Personally I'm not liking unibody design until Xperia NXT arrived. they've shown everyone in the mobile phone business how it should be done imho. Even Lumia 900 looked like a toy compared to a silver Xperia P

now for the black version

now tell me why Nokia 900 looks better than the Xperia above, that windows logo itself looks ugly
[ This Message was edited by: razec on 2012-08-07 17:58 ]
10 years at Esato
mediar
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-08-07 20:43

On 2012-08-07 18:56:21, razec wrote:
Personally I'm not liking unibody design until Xperia NXT arrived.

SE fanboy

Well, I've never really liked the unibody design as well, and the NXT series proves me that I really can't stand ugly square bricks. The Lumias, on the other side, have much more curvy and notable design. Nokia Lumia 610 for example - the most beautiful phone I've ever seen! After my Xperia Pro, of course. Just take a look:

It's pure beauty! And it's Nokia - the company I used to hate most! Come on, their phones used to be the uglier on the market! And now they made this lovely beauty! Mindblown! Now compare it with the Pro:

You see? The Lumia looks pretty much like it, but without the hardware buttons - exactly the way the 2012 Xperias should have looked like! Not like that ugly shit Mind And GX! Sony just went into the wrong direction! Sony tried to excuse their lack of design skills with the fact that Android 4 doesn't require hardware buttons, which limits the possibilities of design diversity, but that's just not true! The Lumia is a clear example that even without hardware buttons a phone can look really great. Why don't you compare it with the P or S?
[ This Message was edited by: mediar on 2012-08-07 20:16 ]
Mediar's Site
mediar
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-08-07 20:54
What about the Lumia 900? Well, it might not be such a looker, as it lacks 610's glossy curves and rounded shape, but it still looks better than Mint:

And, if you look closer, you'll see that the Lumia resembles much more Xperia Neo, with the only difference that they've rounded the left and right sides, instead of the top and bottom ones. This should have been the new Neo! Not craps like that clumsy Mint! And please try to convince me that Mint has no problems with the viewing-angles!
[ This Message was edited by: mediar on 2012-08-07 20:52 ]
Mediar's Site
razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2012-08-08 01:34
So, you called my fanboy just because I personally NXT looks better, but for you to say how crappy looking Mint is when some of us here tend to like it better, especially since Mint wasn't even yet announced and doesn't have any official pictures. so if I'm a fanboy, I'd you're a hater, and you force your opinion to others. no offense with that

and sorry mate, the picture you've given above (especially that color simply shows that the Nokia still looked like a toy compared to your Pro. now I wouldn't even think about arguing with you further as it seems we're battling on something we can never agree together with.

And, if you look closer, you'll see that the Lumia resembles much more Xperia Neo, with the only difference that they've rounded the left and right sides, instead of the top and bottom ones.

Sorry mate, no matter how I try to think of it, Nokia 610 doesn't hold a candle to Neo in looks, let alone resemblance,

This should have been the new Neo!

now that would be a disaster

Not craps like that clumsy Mint! And please try to convince me that Mint has no problems with the viewing-angles!

and try convincing me that Lumias don't have a problem with screen resolution as I said, Mint wasn't announced yet, so we still don't have official pics to drool for, and everyone in esato knows that SE/Sony phones do look ugly on leaked pictures but the official pictures always looked miles better, the Anzu - Arc is the prime example

I don't think there's really point in arguing things like this, it all boils down to our respective opinion towards how we see them with our very eyes. It's true I'm a fan, but I'm not blind to ignore the good/bad sides I can still see with Sony/SE, I don't know about yours though as It seems to me you keep bashing Sony/SE these days and never even accept what's the good side about them. that's what I'd call a hater. and just so you know there were several times I did bash Sony as well.
10 years at Esato
NightBlade
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2012-08-08 01:52
I like both the Lumia and the NXT design a lot, but of course I'm gonna choose my XS's looks over the Lumia.

Lovin' the transparent strip and minimalist fascia.
razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2012-08-08 02:17
^^ Tell me Nightblade, don't you want your Xperia to look like Satio/C905? at least on the back?
10 years at Esato
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2012-08-08 11:14
Geez! Nokia Lumia 610 is ugly IMO. The Pro is gorgeous compared to it. The Lumia 900 on the other hand, does look really nice. But I'll still give the edge to Sony NXT line up. The front especially of the Sony NXT range > Lumia 900 front.

@razec

I for sure would want my XS to have the Satio back
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi