Esato

Forum > Manufacturer Discussion > Samsung > Samsung suffered “crisis of design” iPhone expert claims

Author Samsung suffered “crisis of design” iPhone expert claims
tranced
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2012-08-07 16:10
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Apple’s iPhone spurred a “crisis in design” at Samsung, the Cupertino company alleges, citing an internal document in which Samsung execs bemoaned the “Heaven and Earth” difference in smartphone style. The revelation came as part of design expert Peter Bressler’s testimony in the San Jose courtroom on Monday, the Guardian reports, though Samsung argues that the document’s frantic tone was “hyperbole” intended to motivate employees rather than confirm any sense of desperation.

Bressler had already frustrated Samsung’s lawyers by walking the jury through three Apple design patents, highlighting areas in which the expert believes the Android-based hardware infringes. Samsung’s legal team countered with in-depth examination of individual aesthetic tidbits, prompting Bressler to argue that “this is a level of detail that the ordinary observer would never be interested in looking at.”

Read more...
I jay0726 | (+3, 0) | Clara, Evita, Mimmi & Victoria | My Pics | Do your job!
Hobbs
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2012-08-07 16:17
I'm so bored of this Apple vs Samsung dilemma.I could'nt be bothered who wins and who loses.They are my two best cellphone brands at the moment.If I never had the Samsung Galaxy S2/Android phone I'd be walking around with an Apple iPhone 4/4S.
So, may they eat each other alive but still produce kickass handsets.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
AbuBasim
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2012-08-08 08:43

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YciM_54HzZk
razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2012-08-08 10:05
Why do i have this urge in my mind to wish apple would win the legal dispute with Samsung in the design issue. Maybe because that would force Samsung to go back to their drawings and reintroduce the awesome form factors we used to see on their lineup, And this might as well force Google Android themselves to think of a UI that will not just be perfect for touchsreen slabs but also for something never before seen/imagined. don't get me wrong guys, I'm a fan of android but really we need something really fresh, Google and Samsung needs to "innovate" further, not just trail from the revolution sparked by the original iPhone.
10 years at Esato
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi