Esato

Forum > General discussions > Esato forum > Happy 11th birthday, Esato!

Author Happy 11th birthday, Esato!
laffen
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
PM
Posted: 2012-08-09 12:11
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2012-08-08 09:42:16, goldenface wrote:
@laffen

That's good to hear. I always make a point of sharing all the facebook and G+ posts that you create. I'd advise everyone else to do the same if they can.

+1

These are the official Esato pages

Google+
Twitter
Facebook
[ This Message was edited by: laffen on 2012-08-09 11:14 ]
bhavitsoft
Samsung Wave Y S5380
PM
Posted: 2012-08-10 14:12
Wishing Again Happy 11 Years To Esato !
What does Esato stands for?
People from every corner of the world

I will reach the top, and color the whole world.
On a selfless motto, not known yet.
tranced
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2012-08-10 14:18
Check the meaning yourself here: http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=937
I jay0726 | (+3, 0) | Clara, Evita, Mimmi & Victoria | My Pics | Do your job!
bhavitsoft
Samsung Wave Y S5380
PM
Posted: 2012-08-10 15:22
hehe
I think Laffen is behind the Esato, and only his reply suits. But hey Laffen, then why not Otase

tranced
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2012-08-10 15:26
@bhavitsoft: laffen is the owner and admin of Esato
I jay0726 | (+3, 0) | Clara, Evita, Mimmi & Victoria | My Pics | Do your job!
bhavitsoft
Samsung Wave Y S5380
PM
Posted: 2012-08-10 15:44
@tranced
Thanx for the info Its the great job done by him till date, all over the world. I am also going thru your threads. They are quite informative. Grt job man

bhavitsoft
Samsung Wave Y S5380
PM
Posted: 2012-08-10 16:45
Esato:
Ecletic Substantial Aesthetic Technical Oasis

[ This Message was edited by: bhavitsoft on 2012-08-10 15:45 ]

Caspa
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2012-08-10 19:57
Wow, 11 years eh?!

It's crazy to think of the phones that Offiach and I used to browse the site back in 2001!

WAP over GPRS with a greyscale screen anyone?!

Come on everyone, take my lead in a round of "For He's A Jolly Good Fellow" for Esato...

"Oh, for he's a jolly good fellow, for he's a jolly good fellow..."
ofiaich
W900 black
PM
Posted: 2012-08-11 01:26
Hi Caspa!

I remember a Motorola brick as one of my early phones but also a T68i and a R320i but not sure that I remember so well! Lots of others come into my mind but I guess my phone count is small as compared with some Esato members!

I still have a mint black W900i! One of my favourites was a Sharp 902sh Ferrari !

it had extra accessories, such as remote control for music, desktop charger and charger.

Ofiaich
[ This Message was edited by: ofiaich on 2012-08-11 00:27 ]
esato since Nov, 12, 2001
razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2012-08-11 02:28
^^ The only camera phone with a properly implemented optical zoom and CCD and can outperform the mighty K750. kinda miss the trend those days.
10 years at Esato
Supa_Fly
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-08-11 12:06
Happy Birthday Esato ... however its bittersweet!

My memory & heart does not go out to Esato this year, no I'm not a forsaken fan, but to a member that helped BUILT this community, kept it engaging, and also humble and knowledgeable without feeling holier than thou with his presence. Yes I miss Masseur's posts.

He did mention his ill and going on an extended vacation and I hope he's still enjoying life to the fullest with the warmth of the sun, family and friends, and refreshments of his favourite drinks and the cool waves of the beach.

To be honest Esato is the first forum on the internet - after days of BBS and ICQ (yes I've used BOTH when those where fresh and modems where sweet to have at 26.6 baud rates) - that had a community that you could bond with.
|AppleTV2|iPhone 12Mini 256GB|iPad Pro 256GB| Previously ... K750|Z500|Z520|K700|K790i|K850i, :Ericsson: T18z|T28World|T36m x3|T68m (Ericsson, not the rebranded T68i).
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2012-08-11 23:51
Lovely post Prom1.
Supa_Fly
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-08-12 07:45

On 2012-08-11 23:51:49, goldenface wrote:
Lovely post Prom1.

Thanks GoldenFace and Razec. I cannot remember how long I've been a member on these boards, not nearly as long as some members along with the founder(s). One can feel really old going through the memories about Esato.

So many memories:

My first cellphone: A Sony on Telus Mobility on PayGo (not a postpaid account).
^ I wasn't too happy with the service.
My second cellphone: SonyEricsson T18z. This also my first foray into SIM unlocked phones at full retail price.
(thus began my love affair for anything SonyEricsson & all things mobile).
Learning everything I could about the T18z on Esato, about GSM networks, about calling codes, and even WHAT email was.
My first email account: Prometheus@ BBCode u2 Start -->MyRealbox.com (was a test site from Novell, I didn't know anything of Novell back then, that offered free email amongst other things: LONG before Lycos, Gmail, Yahoo, etc ever existed and where email being free was considered GOLD! Yahoo charged $20 a year e-mail plan.)
does anyone know a SMTP server without authentication: June 2002

How to backup contacts over data connection: December 2005
Read this! Back up your contact without synching!

My Spouse, and by choice led to our wonderful son!
My first major interest in a job started with this thread (well because Saxophone players as kids just don't have much of a future as bands of the eighties feature Singers, Drummers, Bassists, and Guitarists, maybe a few keyboardists).
- my first major job was in customer service for a cellular provider: Rogers AT&T (currently Rogers Wireless). This also led to 6mths free data service for Rogers GPRS testing (new network back in 2000 to 2001) and first & only Motorola, timeport 7389 (utter crap!): horrendous tethering using IRDA. Finally the T28World edition debuted on Fido and I upgraded with the Bluetooth Adapter Bliss.

This site also united me with Ambition to not remain homeless, yes homeless. I found love and soon after, by choice, had a wonderful son with her. Unfortunately I chose a great mother, not a great girlfriend and the combination of both. Thus we've broken up recently (4th time but this is permanent) and a new life begins; my son will always be my son and in my life forever - his the only offspring I can have (another choice). I figured with this change a new online persona was needed, something to fit with my Twitter account (less accounts to recall, lol).

Throughout the years I've made a good many friends, and short term enemies (short term as we're all mature and make mistakes and learn from them: Masseur taught me that). I've learned to offer more help to other members whenever I can. I'm hoping next year to provide help with an Esato contest of some kind.

I've always gravitated to technology as a kid but nothing as more complete as Esato. This maybe the year, after 3 that I'll finally return to a Sony brand as a cellphone.
|AppleTV2|iPhone 12Mini 256GB|iPad Pro 256GB| Previously ... K750|Z500|Z520|K700|K790i|K850i, :Ericsson: T18z|T28World|T36m x3|T68m (Ericsson, not the rebranded T68i).
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi