Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Technical > C510 Menu key not working.plz help

Author C510 Menu key not working.plz help
Elecran
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-08-07 02:00
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hi,

I have a Sony Ericsson C510 and my menu key (the central joystick) is not working. The directional arrows and the numpad keys (apart from 5 and C) are working fine.

I am trying to connect my phone to my computer so that I may transfer my contacts, messages, etc. When I connect my phone to my computer, the USB modes menu shows up but I can't select any of the options as my menu key is not working.

Please let me know if there is a key combination which is an alternative to the menu key so that I can connect to the PC or any other way for me to save my contacts, messages, etc.

Many thanks.
tranced
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2012-08-07 15:46
Hello and welcome!

One question: can't you use the left soft key?
I jay0726 | (+3, 0) | Clara, Evita, Mimmi & Victoria | My Pics | Do your job!
hihihans
HTC One
PM
Posted: 2012-08-07 23:39
You can also use the number keys.
If you want the 3rd option in a list, press 3.
Or 6 if you want the 6th option.
Elecran
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-08-14 06:10
@tranced: Thanks for your suggestion. However, the left soft key did not work in that particular menu.

@hihihans: Thanks for your suggestion. However, the numpad also doesn't work in the menu.

I did manage to find a solution and thought I'd share it in case anyone else encounters the same problem. First, me and my friends tried opening the phone and had a look at the keypad. We tried pressing the menu key directly on the circuit board but nothing happened.

The solution was much more straightforward. It seems that one of the keys on the side of the phone (the one used to zoom in and out) was pressed in completely and this was causing the menu key to become non-functional. It seems that this key was constantly sending some commands to the phone's OS which was then not responding to any commands from the menu key. When this key was popped back out, the phone's functionality was completely restored and the menu key started working again.
hihihans
HTC One
PM
Posted: 2012-08-14 10:05

Fixing a phone can be so easy sometimes
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi