Esato

Forum > Manufacturer Discussion > Blackberry > RIM CEO: We seriously considered Android

Author RIM CEO: We seriously considered Android
tranced
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2012-08-03 22:09
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
RIM hasn't released BlackBerry 10 yet but the company's CEO revealed Thursday the operating system almost didn't get the go-ahead.

Thorsten Heins, the beleaguered boss of the suffering RIM, told the Telegraph the company nearly went with Android before ultimately deciding to move forward with BB 10.

"We took the conscious decision not to go Android," he told the paper.

"We looked at it seriously - but if you understand what the promise of BlackBerry is to its user base it's all about getting stuff done."

Heins went on to say his company wants to remain true to its purpose and will - for now - continue to build with that in mind, including pushing out BlackBerry 10.

Read more...
[ This Message was edited by: tranced on 2012-08-03 21:10 ]
I jay0726 | (+3, 0) | Clara, Evita, Mimmi & Victoria | My Pics | Do your job!
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2012-08-04 06:58
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I, for one, am glad they didn't go with Android. I love Android but it is clear that not all manufacturers of Google's OS are going to make it. My only hope (even though it looks like I may be hoping against hope) is that RIM pulls this off.

It's not what you do or even how you do it but in what state of mind you do it: Dups! 2009
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi