Esato

Forum > Manufacturer Discussion > Apple > 'liquid contact indicator'

Author 'liquid contact indicator'
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2012-06-24 08:35
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
The Other day my iPhone became Stuck in Headphones Mode as confused at this I did a Google Search
of this issue and found its down to the phone getting wet, odd...I assumed because I haven'tgot water on the phone?

Apparently theres 1x 'liquid contact indicator' in the headphone jack and 1x 'liquid contact indicator' where you plug
the USB cable into re-charge

seems a common problem still today but heres a Report from WATCHDOG about this

Watchdog bites Apple...

This info is worth knowing btw
oh and my iPhone has come out of Headphone mode before you ask
Im soon to be visiting apple about it still and findout where my further 6 month warranty
is stillco existent
An "Apple" a day keeps the Doctor at Bay!
Hobbs
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2012-06-24 10:38
one in the charger port and one in the headphone jack.that kind makes sense.maybe you leave your headphones on your table and have spilt some water and its sitting in a little drop of spilt water and you dont see that it has and you plug it in the jack.i take it then the indicator turns red because it has come into contact with water.

i suppose the important thing is that all indicators have to be triggered for your warranty to be void.

"If an iPhone has been damaged by liquid, the service or replacement is not covered by the Apple one year limited warranty or an AppleCare Protection Plan (APP). It would be eligible for Out Of Warranty Service. Currently, if a customer takes their iPhone to an Apple Retail Store, the warranty will only be void due to liquid damage if all indicators have been triggered.

so yes,that info is very much worth knowing before you get shafted by an apple rep telling you your warranty is now void because of water damage and all that has happened is your headphone jack indicator has been triggered but the other three are still white.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2012-06-24 19:17
I don't think I've got the headphones jack wet tbh
But reading a list what can trigger it I'm assuming
Condensation my flat is pretty cold in the winter
And I used to have a quick browse on the phone in bed
And often condesation was on the screen lol

Btw it works fine these iPhones are like army tanks
They can take any old crap thrown at them until u drop

Will be visiting apple in the week I've got an appointment
With a genius
An "Apple" a day keeps the Doctor at Bay!
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi