Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > Is there anyone still using a symbian UIQ device?

Previous  12
Author Is there anyone still using a symbian UIQ device?
Geezay
HTC Desire
PM
Posted: 2012-07-12 10:29
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2012-07-12 05:16:05, Ricky D wrote:
I have a G900 in the drawer somewhere, it crashed so often it was unusable after a while. I've been android since X10.

I had completely forgotten about the G series. The touch 'n' type devices. Again, SE was well ahead of their time. So sad
If it is to be it is up to me!
Fafne
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2012-07-15 22:55
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Got me a secondhand G900 last year just for the fun of it.
The on/off switch is kind of weared and has to be pushed very delicately to turn the phone on or off, same is true for the camera button, which makes the G900 camera quite unusable.

Having a 16GB M2 memory card with the phone that drags down the UIQ to a crawl, so it takes an eternity to open anything (Need more than 12GB for the mp3 collection).

Most of the time the G900 just sits in the drawer but took it out and tried to update some, good to have files on the phone, like web links . Sent them from the comp with Bluetooth.
Apparently the 3-4 files was stored at the Messages folder but can't find them with the UIQs File Manager. After saving them in a folder, somewhere on the G900?

Doesn't like neither Symbian nor UIQ and looking for a phone that is an all Feature phone (C901, T700 or W902) and letting the G900 sit in the drawer.

But somehow I am glad to have the G900, it's a cool phone at least...
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi