Esato

Forum > Manufacturer Discussion > Apple > Feels like cheating on an old girl friend.

1234  Next
Author Feels like cheating on an old girl friend.
tranquil
W902 Black
PM
Posted: 2012-06-13 12:53
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Some of you might remember me as a die hard fan.
I allways had the latest model and wasted a fair bit on money on mobile phones.
Now, yesterday things changed! My iPhone4s arrived. My first ever Apple product!
The "wow factor" when it comes to mobile phones is yesteryears to me but this phone put a grin on my face.
After less than 24 hrs use I feel really comfy with it. Even though a lot is new it is not too different to Android.
So, setting it up was a walk in the park.
What amazes me with this phone is the feel. It really feels like darn good phone.
I never thought I'd say this, and it feels like swearing in church; Good bye
The ultimate ringtone wav mp3
razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2012-06-13 13:24
is practically dead 6 months ago
to put the pun aside, iPhone is truly pleasant to use, the UI did not really get any massive change since its conception unlike Android but I personally think it doesn't look antiquated.
10 years at Esato
Geezay
HTC Desire
PM
Posted: 2012-06-13 14:45
I know how you feel. When I jumped onto the Android bandwagon and got an HTC Desire, my first non-Sony Ericsson / Ericsson phone is over 6 years (my only other one had been a brief liaison with a Nokia 7110), I felt like I was having an illicit affair. I have not looked back though the Xperia S made me take a second look. I also agree with you about iOS. I have an iPad 2 and it is a joy. Beat the Android tablets that I tried when I was considering the purchase.
If it is to be it is up to me!
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2012-06-13 18:09
Having had mostly SEs and having had my X10 nearly 2years, i also felt weird about leaving Sony/SE for Samsung, but the moment i began using my GS2 i knew i had made the best decision, and looking at their current range im even happier with my decision.

Congrads on your iPhone4S tranquil! Enjoy it!
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max White Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2012-06-13 18:16
I love the new Sony phones now. Apple,nah
Phone?? What phone??
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2012-06-13 21:35
I like the Xperia Acro S, THAT is a real flagship smartphone, just wish it ran the newer Qualcomm Krait.
chunkybeats
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2012-06-13 22:51
Whats wrong with ? Seriously has anyone used the 2011 phones? They are possibly their best phones. My Xperia Neo V is on par with the iphone 4 if not better with its functionality & HDMI output. Android yes used to be woeful but post Gingerbread after has been a dream. I decided not to jump onto ICS with my Neo V because 2.3.4 is reallyu silky smooth and i use 3rd party apps for my music and multimedia.

I have tried all other manufacturers and really nothing compares to my xperia. Its simple like the iphone, easy to setup, quick and fill it up with a 32GB card and its a multimedia monster!

So before commenting that went downhill and jumping onto Apples or Oranges (haha!) just try the last of the line and really you will be annoyed that made that move in the first place!

djin
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2012-06-13 23:40
@Chunkybeats,

While their 2011 devices were okay, they wernt anywhere close to satisfying any high end user. Moreover, i beg to differ on the silky smooth part. Its only silky smooth when you keep reformating it or its new. Otherwise its a lag fest, Especially the redrawing part(as observed on arc s, arc, neo, neo v). Imo you guys deserve much better than that, which i hope sony does something about it.

@Geezay,

I wish i never bought ipad2 . Its not like its bad, but Its so limited, you need to use apps for everything. I would have sold it if i hadnt invested in alot of apps. I actually liked tablet s more than it. It feels more natural to hold and use. Although honeycomb was kind of shit.
Xperia T + N 96

R.I.P Desire
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2012-06-14 01:48
Tranquil welcome to Apple lol
An "Apple" a day keeps the Doctor at Bay!
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2012-06-14 09:15

On 2012-06-13 23:40:15, djin wrote:
@Chunkybeats,

While their 2011 devices were okay, they wernt anywhere close to satisfying any high end user. Moreover, i beg to differ on the silky smooth part. Its only silky smooth when you keep reformating it or its new. Otherwise its a lag fest, Especially the redrawing part(as observed on arc s, arc, neo, neo v). Imo you guys deserve much better than that, which i hope sony does something about it.

@Geezay,

I wish i never bought ipad2 . Its not like its bad, but Its so limited, you need to use apps for everything. I would have sold it if i hadnt invested in alot of apps. I actually liked tablet s more than it. It feels more natural to hold and use. Although honeycomb was kind of shit.

+1
Must say though, i thoroughly enjoyed holding and using the Arc S and Play late last year, but yeah, after long term usage they are lagfests.

WRT the iPad, thats exactly why i went with the GT10.1, even though Android3.0 had bugs, i prefer the "mini-laptop" nature of Android tablets than the "giant iPod Touch" nature of an iPad, it cant even Email attachments, its so useless in some cases.
Hobbs
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2012-06-14 10:15
Congrats on your iPhone 4s.Before I got my S2 the iPhone was 2nd on my list after I decided against the Note.If I ever get bored of Android I will most probably join you in Appleland.But the way Samsung are going at the moment that could be a very long time from now.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
chunkybeats
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2012-06-14 10:51
wellI I must be the only user to not suffer lag I have had my phone for 9 months now, whatever you were doing with that phone, mine is silky smooth. I don't need to look at newer phones,. my neo v can play emulator games quite smoothly unlike crappy iphone which is restricted and even if it's jail broken its terribly slow! you tube n64 emulators and compare it to the neo, the neo flies through!

Geezay
HTC Desire
PM
Posted: 2012-06-14 21:04
@Tsepz CGP
@djin

WRT iPad 2, I have to agree with you on how limited it is. Fortunately enough I was getting it purely for consumption of multimedia and gaming so have not really suffered from inability to easily attach documents to emails - I say easily because it can be done, but... So I am painlfully aware of its limitations, but with the right arsenal of apps aimed at my consumption needs, it is a joy, and was a better experience than the honeycomb devices I tried. Unless iOS 7 is revolutionary, when I upgrade I will probably go Android, but then Windows 8 tablets might be out then. Aah, the joys of technology
If it is to be it is up to me!
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2012-06-14 23:15
Chunkybeats, Android 2.1, 2.2 great but 2.3 fail on
I really did hate the update of my x10i but it was a good phone
had better battery life then my HTC !

Android is a nice OS but iOS feels more maturer
and the iPhone also looks expensive other then some of these Androids
there knocking out these days
An "Apple" a day keeps the Doctor at Bay!
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2012-06-14 23:24
I'd dump Apple and go back to your ex Android
Phone?? What phone??
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi