Esato

Forum > Manufacturer Discussion > Apple > How to stop your iPhone from getting stolen?

Author How to stop your iPhone from getting stolen?
deviddiya
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-06-07 20:08
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I usually have verybad luck with phones I've had 4 stolen. Including 1 iPhone!!! I have finally givin in to temptation and bought myself a new iPhone. I don't want it to get stolen, does anyone have any tips or know of any devises that hold your iPhone on you? Please help?
identify a bed bug
[ This Message was edited by: deviddiya on 2012-06-30 08:46 ]
chunkybeats
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2012-06-07 23:26
sell it and get a better phone lol
mriley
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2012-06-08 00:22
Don't worry. Anyone with a decent taste in technology would not steal your phone.
Esato's Newbie of the year and Most Helpful Member 2010!
-------------------
Life is just a ride, enjoy it while you can
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2012-06-08 00:26
Phone?? What phone??
fbloise
Nokia 808 PureView
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-06-10 08:43
Having your phone stolen or lost is inevitable, I would advise a phone insurance for this matter.
"Haters are just confused Admirers" My Website
Foro.DO Facebook Group at http://www.facebook.com/groups/esato/

BBM: 2B5E52DF
razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2012-06-10 10:01
Download this App

then the perp goes...

10 years at Esato
djin
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2012-06-10 14:37
Sign up for apple's find my iphone application, incase its stolen and you have active net you could track it and remote lock or wipe the device. Even sound an alarm.

Its a bad luck to get 4 phones stolen, I know how it feels, I had one of my phone stolen too all because i tried helping out a kid who was a thief. But being a bit careful and using common sense should hopefully prevent it unless its a forced/armed robbery. If you do hangout in areas where there are high chances of getting it stolen, use a spare phone like low end nokia phone which you get for like 40$?
Xperia T + N 96

R.I.P Desire
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2012-06-11 01:32
Don't use ur iPhone in packed areas like towns etc are these area's are prone to have theives about,
also keep it in ur jacket and not a bag, people who go about showing of there devices are prone to this problem
but with a little bit of common sense you will be fine!

I haven't got insurance on my iPhone not had a phone stolen at all!

also for phone insurance I recommend you phone ur network provider as they can help you there with that
An "Apple" a day keeps the Doctor at Bay!
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2012-06-11 01:51
Just keep your eyes and wits about you. I have insurance but that's for peace of mind as sometimes accidents happen too. If you're going to use your phone in a busy place just don't flash it loud and text walking with your eyes down. You won't see anyone coming its happened to me and I have learnt. Although I once had a phone stolen from my work place by a so called work mate. It was the old Nokia 3210 He was sacked and later went on to become a policeman(probably a bent copper) I keep my phone in my inside jacket pocket or jeans pocket NOT my back pocket or side jacket pocket where people can slide it out your pocket or it could fall out. Also don't hang out with dick heads you can't trust. Don't put your phone down on a table in public whilst eating or in a pub. @chunkybeats classic answer Who'd wanna steal an iphone?? In UK now you can get 5 years if stealing a phone the law changed.

Samsung Galaxy S III
[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2012-06-11 01:01 ]
razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2012-06-11 03:51
I think it's just a matter of luck, thieves are desperate and they can pull impossible stunts just to illegally acquire your beloved gadget once they had their eyes on it, but that doesn't mean you should just let your device get stolen and buy another. Experience told me that it is always good to have a backup (preferably cheap) phone for use in crowdy areas to avoid attracting attention. though I must admit it'll violate your right to turn people's heads

Apologies for the pun-intended post I made earlier
10 years at Esato
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2012-06-11 19:33
Yes and in these tough economic times theft and crime gets worse.
Phone?? What phone??
plankgatan
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2012-06-12 22:46
I use "find my iphone" (as i suppose most Apple geeks does). The software works just perfect. Tried the software(ICloud) both laying my 4S in the car driving and inside my home. Every time the software found my phone perfect.

The other thing you can do is of course enable "password" then nobody can get inside your iphone.

And if (God forbid) the best smart phone on the planet gets stolen, just block your imei number (if you not finding it,you see it on the backside of the box)
[ This Message was edited by: plankgatan on 2012-06-12 22:07 ]
GNandGS
C902 Red
PM
Posted: 2012-09-11 12:27
What you do is setup the "find my phone" app and make sure you know your login info... best if pal/spouse has the app on their phone so you can find quickly without having to find a computer.

Note: this would require a data plan or wifi

THEN make sure you have two more things:
access code after turning on system enabled
disable application removal

If you do not have an access pin# or they guess it AND have uninstall enabled they can quickly go in and remove the "find my phone" app possibly before you can take action. Having those things in place can stop or slow them down.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi