Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > Sony Xperia S or Iphone 4S

123  Next
Author Sony Xperia S or Iphone 4S
northmonkey
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2012-03-22 14:42
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Really torn which one to get to be honest, I do like the 4S but the small screen seems outdated and when looking at it in the shop compared to other phones it looks tiny, however it does have a very good camera and the image stabilization is very good indeed, Sony Xperia S videos look a bit shaky.

I want a phone that is fast, has a reasonable battery life and a very good camera and video.

I know some of you might be biased but what should i choose?
Indiandawg
Apple iPhone
PM
Posted: 2012-03-22 15:03
If you want good camera, no doubt Xperia S is the best. And if you want your phone quick that is Xperia S, then just buy class 10 memory card and your sorted.

Talking about which phone is better, 80% depends on the OS and here we are talking about iOS and Android.

I got iPad 2 and Arc S. So basically I got both the OS, just different device. If you ask me, Android is the best for smartphone and iOS is the best for tablet. Reason? Android let's me transfer files flawlessly and since it's a smartphone, it's in my pocket, I use it as a pen drive, music player and all sorts of things that it can do. The problem with iOS is, every time you got to connect iTunes to transfer music or videos or photos. You can transfer files like .doc or .xls etc and make it act as a pen drive but transferring music, videos & photos suck. Cause iTunes comes in the picture. And as much as I love the fast quick interface of iOS, I hate this part that much.

Android is free, open while iOS is closed. It's important to have the right device which can do anything and at anytime whatever you want to do and that's where Android wins.

Android cannot only do more things than iOS but it can almost do anything compared to any other OS.

So my choice would be Sony Xperia S without a doubt!
T200 -> T68i -> T610 -> K700i -> P910i -> W800i -> P990i -> M600i -> P1-> Nokia E71 -> X1i -> X10 -> Arc S -> Sony Z1 -> Sony Z Ultra -> Sony Z3+ -> iPhone 6 -> iPhone 7 Plus -> iPhone X -> iPhone XS Max
anonymuser
Apple iPhone 4S
PM
Posted: 2012-03-22 15:55
I was surprised to see the comment above re the camera being "no doubt" better on the Xperia S, so I googled for a comparison. The first hit I found was this Cnet review - http://reviews.cnet.co.uk/mob[....]phone-4s-camera-test-50007302/

Conclusion
In almost all situations, the iPhone 4S edges ahead of Sony's Xperia S camera, with more true-to-life colours, better exposure and focus, and less noise lurking in the shadows.

I think there's probably some doubt.
rikken
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2012-03-22 20:20
And Sony has made both sensors
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2012-03-22 22:07
@ Boinng - i dont always give Apple credit but here i do. The 4S imo has a much better camera than Sony's latest effort.
Have you seen this comparison versus the N8 ? Poor from Sony i reckon.

@ northmonkey - if i were you i'd have a look at the 4S, HTC One X, Galaxy S2 (or wait for this years S3).

We cannot really say for sure how good the HTC camera is but the samples look good.
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-03-23 02:06
Xperia beats iPhone in camera (and everything else).
Just look at other reviews too.
a w a r e
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2012-03-23 03:12
Hi,

Only you can choose your next phone my guess is you need to go and play
with both and then decide which one your happy with
An "Apple" a day keeps the Doctor at Bay!
mode
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2012-03-23 05:17
IP4 post-processing algorithm seems better, definitely. Not too sure about the sensor quality but as far as what I've seen, XS is just a normal camera with a big resolution, nothing special against whatever else that's in the market no thanks to Sony's peculiar post-processing fetish. But given the superior nature of this fresh-out-of-the-oven phone in every other sense, (and I'm trying to be as unbiased as I can here) I'd choose XS and it's more of a looker too (which unfortunately is subjective)
Ericsson EH97, GA628, GF768, A2618s, T29s Sony Ericsson T68i, S700i, P990i, Z558i, W902, W995, X10, Arc S
*Xperia V*White*Black MW600*Sandisk Mobile Ultra 64GB microSDXC*
ernesthelmer
Model not set
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-03-23 06:37
For me the winner is Iphone 4S.....The iPhone 4S might not be the most exciting update, but the improved camera, faster performance and the addition of Siri make it a top-ranking smartphone.Visit this link-
http://geekaphone.com/compare[....]-vs-Sony-Ericsson-Xperia-arc-S
catherineb
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2012-03-23 07:11
Personally, I'd go for Android over iOS. Since you said you wanted "a phone that is fast, has a reasonable battery life and a very good camera and video" though, it sounds like the iPhone 4S was made for you.
plankgatan
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2012-04-13 20:19
i would easily go for iphone 4s.

high quality image sensor. (the image quality is exceptional)

better touch screen. (there is no phone in the world (yet) who have a more responsive screen then iphone.
djin
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2012-04-13 21:25

On 2012-04-13 20:19:59, plankgatan wrote:
i would easily go for iphone 4s.

high quality image sensor. (the image quality is exceptional)

better touch screen. (there is no phone in the world (yet) who have a more responsive screen then iphone.

Just curious, how did you manage to get a definitive better touch screen conclusion? Maybe you never tried any other capacitive screen in the world(yet) .

As for camera, both are good(both have sony's sensor), however I think iphone4s still has better results..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxMj-SCbx9c

If camera is really important then i suggest nokia pure view, which is releasing in a month..
Xperia T + N 96

R.I.P Desire
plankgatan
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2012-04-16 20:08
well, first of all WAY better photo quality on iphone 4s.

second, ive never seen a better screen then iphone 4s....have you ???

ps. the only bad thing with iphone 4s is, its to pricey.
[ This Message was edited by: plankgatan on 2012-04-16 19:09 ]
idumbakumar
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2012-04-16 23:27
@plank, come on... do u know iphone having old school resoultion. u will be loosing screen estate when u watch HD movies. seems u never tried a touch screen other than iphone..
borg_
Sony Xperia ZL
PM
Posted: 2012-04-17 03:00
What i can say is choose the iPhone 4S if you don't mind for bigger screen size.

I had the Xperia S and returned for the iPhone 4S

Main reasons:

-Size of the iPhone / Xperia S wasn't very handy for me
-Better screen from the 4S in view angle mode and playing games/ Xperia S is better for watching movies
-Camera on the Xperia S is good, but the iPhone seems always better and had better quality
-iPhone more battery life than the Xperia S

I'm not saying that the iPhone is better or worse than the Xperia S, but after having both, the iPhone suits better for me on a daily base
Xperia ZL White + C905 Ice Silver + MW600 + MBW-150 Executive + /// T39m Ericsson Technology
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi