Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > Sony Xperia sola thread

Author Sony Xperia sola thread
hgautam
Sony Xperia X Performance
PM
Posted: 2012-10-03 14:29
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Found the culprit... It's a bug with the night mode... While taking a pic in night mode with flash on, the picture does not show any sign of flash whereas the phone does flash it's LED light... That is the picture is not taken when the phone's LED flashes and hence a very dark picture....
Shino03
S700
PM
Posted: 2012-10-06 02:51
How's the battery life so far after a few days using ics?
hgautam
Sony Xperia X Performance
PM
Posted: 2012-10-06 14:25
Battery life doesn't seem any better than before...
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2012-10-06 14:55
@Shino03, no I had dust under the x10 screen on white version. With Arc S the screen has no air gap so not possble
Phone?? What phone??
Shino03
S700
PM
Posted: 2012-10-07 03:19
Oh I see..
bluechip
Sony Xperia Sola
PM
Posted: 2012-10-07 10:33

On 2012-10-03 13:34:59, hgautam wrote:
Few points I would like to share after ICS update for Xperia Sola:

1) Still works as smooth as before. A small hiccup is that, half the times in camera mode, when I click on a picture already taken, then the app hangs. Anyone else has the same issue?
2) THE CAMERA PICTURES ARE VERY VERY BAD IN LOW LIGHT IN THIS UPDATE, NOISIER AND EXTREMELY DARKER. ESPECIALLY WITH FLASH ON THE PICTURES ARE COMPLETELY DARK AND USELESS. BEFORE THE UPDATE THE PICTURES CAME OUT VERY GOOD IN LOW LIGHT WITH OR WITHOUT FLASH. INFACT PICS WERE TOO BRIGHT WITH FLASH EVEN IN COMPLETE DARKNESS.
3) The new apps are very nice. Movies, Album, Walkman and notes, etc.
4) Battery life seems to have become a little worse now. Doesn't even last a day with average use.

If anyone is happy with their Gingerbread version, I would recommend not to upgrade to ICS. The downgrade of the camera performance is not worth what new in ICS update has brought. I am mainly disappointed with the camera. What was great earlier is now bad.

1) Still works as smooth as before. A small hiccup is that, half the times in camera mode, when I click on a picture already taken, then the app hangs. Anyone else has the same issue?
2) THE CAMERA PICTURES ARE VERY VERY BAD IN LOW LIGHT IN THIS UPDATE, NOISIER AND EXTREMELY DARKER. ESPECIALLY WITH FLASH ON THE PICTURES ARE COMPLETELY DARK AND USELESS. BEFORE THE UPDATE THE PICTURES CAME OUT VERY GOOD IN LOW LIGHT WITH OR WITHOUT FLASH. INFACT PICS WERE TOO BRIGHT WITH FLASH EVEN IN COMPLETE DARKNESS.
4) Battery life seems to have become a little worse now. Doesn't even last a day with average use.

If anyone is happy with their Gingerbread version, I would recommend not to upgrade to ICS. The downgrade of the camera performance is not worth what new in ICS update has brought. I am mainly disappointed with the camera. What was great earlier is now bad.

I too agree, the camera quality is worse, nd the battery is just draining away…
also the unresponsiveNess during charging also does exist...
Only the look nd feel just got improved.. its more organized than before, nd looks cool...
but big no on the performance side as with gingerbread...
now that mine is ICS, I"ll have to cope with it....
Shino03
S700
PM
Posted: 2012-10-13 04:36
Has anyone tried removing the factory screen protector? I'm having a hard time removing it. It's as if glued on the screen.
Shino03
S700
PM
Posted: 2012-10-24 06:07

On 2012-10-07 10:33:18, bluechip wrote:

On 2012-10-03 13:34:59, hgautam wrote:

I too agree, the camera quality is worse, nd the battery is just draining away…
also the unresponsiveNess during charging also does exist...
Only the look nd feel just got improved.. its more organized than before, nd looks cool...
but big no on the performance side as with gingerbread...
now that mine is ICS, I"ll have to cope with it....

Does the camera really suck at night? When I bought my phone I immediately updated mine to the latest software so maybe it's just the same with the ics update. There are really a lot of noise if you don't tweak the settings but the noise greatly decreases under iso 200 or 100 or at night mode, I'm just wondering if that's the same with the ics update?

The jellybean update for the sola is surely months away from now so I don't think it would be worth it to skip the ics.
bluechip
Sony Xperia Sola
PM
Posted: 2012-11-01 16:43
close this thread up...
bluechip
Sony Xperia Sola
PM
Posted: 2012-12-01 18:13
waste forum...
Shino03
S700
PM
Posted: 2012-12-15 06:09
I think only a few people here in esato have a sola although I think it is selling pretty well. I mean, it's pretty much a bang for the buck.

So how's the performance of your Sola in ICS so far? I'm very tempted to upgrade now.
FMW300
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2012-12-15 22:03
Can the LED below the screen be used for anything? Like for notifications etc like the one in U with Illumination Bar App?
T230 > W300 > W890 > W705 > Live > Xperia T > Xperia Z2a > Xperia X > Xperia XZ2
Shino03
S700
PM
Posted: 2012-12-16 02:56
AFAIK, it can only produce a white glow unlike the LED of XU and unfortunately, I haven't found any settings for it. It just glows occasionally.
bluechip
Sony Xperia Sola
PM
Posted: 2012-12-26 18:58

On 2012-12-15 22:03:47, FMW300 wrote:
Can the LED below the screen be used for anything? Like for notifications etc like the one in U with Illumination Bar App?

yes it can be used for notifications eg missed calls, but shows up only white ..
bluechip
Sony Xperia Sola
PM
Posted: 2013-03-06 18:43
all the SOLA users are dead or WHAT..???!!!
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic