@jplacson

It seems we are going to be the only two person who have Ps
Forever !!!
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2012-09-18 10:50
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I have one but I can't answer your question, can you not Google it? As nice as the Ray is, the P is really slick and the screen is amazing. You wouldn't be able to go back if you experience the screen. Honestly, its one of the best devices I have ever had and I have tried nearly everything. With the Xperia V, T and others coming soon, you may wait for those but I'll be keeping my P until it dies.
RandomCarpet
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2012-09-18 11:20

On 2012-09-17 12:15:24, jplacson wrote:
To all Xperia P owners, I've been trying to look for info on this, but what's the f-stop on the camera? Is it the same f2.4 on the ray and S?

Yes, I have checked the EXIF data on an image i took with my P and it says F-stop: f/2.4
jplacson
Sony Xperia P
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-09-18 12:48
Offline, hahahaha... I'm really tempted. I keep visiting the Xperia Concept store and playing with one to get used to the size.

@badassman, I know it's a great phone, but the size of the ray really spoils you. But the aluminum unibody is just too beautiful to ignore...

@randomcarpet, thanks so much! No I tried Googling it, no info. Not even on Sony's whitepaper. I found it odd that there was no info on it.
jplacson
Sony Xperia P
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-09-20 09:36
Another question for XP owners, how do you do a complete back-up restore on a new unit should yours be defective/replaced? For other Xperia models, data on teh SD card can easily removed and reinserted into the new replacement phone, how does the process go for Xperia P?
HxH
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2012-09-21 10:06
Bring on Cloud solution
SONY x Sexy x Sleek x Solid x Stunner x Stylish : Nozomi/Kagura with Love.
jplacson
Sony Xperia P
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-09-21 15:54
@Offline, took the plunge... got the P! Still getting used to the large size... but it's a great phone! Slowly migrating all my data from my ray...
OffLineR
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2012-09-21 15:57
@jplacson
Congrats mate.
You have done what I have couldn't.
I'm waitig for your reviews
Forever !!!
jplacson
Sony Xperia P
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-10-11 04:18
Been running my Xperia P through it's paces just to get a real feel for it and compare it to my ray. Here are my initial comparisons: (I wrote a longer review on my blog for anyone interested)

White Magic makes a difference. Even though the ray had a higher ppi count, the screen brightness on the P more than makes up for it. Power savings are significant thanks to the screen.

@OfflineR, it is bigger... and I do notice that a lot. The screen is beautiful, and the aluminum unibody is gorgeous... but it's still big. Specially coming from a ray (from an iPhone 4 or anything with a 3.5" screen, not much difference). It's like going from a sports car to a mid sized SUV. Its not unwieldy, but it's a bit more difficult to operate one handed. Not difficult, just slightly inconvenient. The issue isn't with the icons far away from your thumb. The real issue are the icons closest to the base of your thumb.

Data migration was a bit more inconvenient since it doesn't have a card slot, but not difficult. ICS did most of the work, automatically restoring my apps from my ray along with most of my wifi passwords and phone settings. The data I wanted transferred from my ray were on the SD card, mostly app preferences, SMS backup and encrypted files. Took some digging to find some of them but easily transferred once I found all the proper files on the SD card, and the right directories on the P.

I like the phone a lot! Still wish they made a smaller version though, the size of the Xperia U. But that's nitpicking. I'm very happy with the P.
OffLineR
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2012-10-11 09:18
You are killing me mate.
If you are certain that it feels like going from a sports car to a mid sized SUV, I didn't like it

I want my sports car

It is not nitpicking. It's Sony's fault that they made a great phone like XRay and didn't make another one like it
Forever !!!
jplacson
Sony Xperia P
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-10-11 17:40
Size-wise yes... sports car to SUV... performance-wise however... it's like going from a 1.6L 4-cylinder car, to a 3L V6. It may not be a V8 or larger, but it is a significant performance upgrade.
jibuti
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2012-10-11 18:44
had Ray, got me P few weeks ago..... Comparing to P Ray looks just....sexy and more handy.....gave it to my g/f. Now P keeps slipping from me hands-obviously still used to Ray's rubberized back....
now just waiting for JB update...
why jibuti? work all day like slave...
bronxdude
Sony Xperia Z5 Premium
PM
Posted: 2012-10-14 01:45
Torn between p and s! Haha! Prolly getting one on monday.

@jplacson - kabayan, hows the battery and screen copmared to ray?
jplacson
Sony Xperia P
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-10-14 10:16
Gonna be making a more detailed comparison on my blog soon...but in a nutshell, the screen is a lot better.

White Magic does deliver the energy savings it promises... in MOST conditions. In normal indoor, everyday use, it does boost battery life. I get at least 20% more battery life on the P than I did on the ray.

BUT... under very bright conditions or direct sunlight, the screen goes full on, it looks great... but loses all battery saving capabilities and the small battery on the P shows. I still get better battery than on the ray though.

If you don't mind the size of the S, get the S. But if you're like me, and prefer the size and styling of the P, get the P.

Right now, the S is on sale since it's an "older" model than the P so the price is almost the same for both phones from Sony PH.
bronxdude
Sony Xperia Z5 Premium
PM
Posted: 2012-10-15 07:05
got a black P.

how do you check the production batch of xperia p?
[ This Message was edited by: bronxdude on 2012-10-15 07:33 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 151617 ... 363738  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic