Esato

Forum > General discussions > Non mobile discussion > farewell and goodbye - until the next life.

123 ... 141516  Next
Author farewell and goodbye - until the next life.
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2012-02-26 13:06
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
3 months ago, in fact a day after my 50th birthday, I was told I had terminal cancer. I went through the usual phases of disbelief, rejection, fear, anger etc that my councillor talked me through but that didn't make acceptance any easier. Some have noticed me posting less and less. Now I have finally accepted my fate and will be heading back to oz soon to die in the sun and surf that I know so well.

Sadly, against my normal calm and peaceful nature, I have been quite bitter lately and have taken that out on family, friends, and even some members here. For that, I appologise to all unresevedly.

I don't know how much time I have (do any of us really know?), but I do feel that I must make the most of what I do have and unfortunately Esato does not feature in my priorities.

so now on this sunny Sunday London afternoon in February 2012 I say goodbye to Esato and commit online hari-kari (self ban)... and if I can offer anything of meaning and importance to you all, the best I can come up with is that it has been fun!... live long and prosper!

Nan, Grandad... I'm scared but I am comforted that I will see you both soon!
[ This Message was edited by: laffen on 2013-02-07 00:12 ]
xell
W880 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-02-26 13:24
I'm shocked.

All I can say is thank you for all the work here and hope you have peaceful last days.
Esato's Expert Of The Year MMIX
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2012-02-26 13:25
It certainly has been fun masseur and this place would undeniably never have been the same without you. I have lost close family and friends through cancer but what I remember is the great times we had together.

You will certainly not be forgotten, not by anyone who has visited Esato.

Farewell - till we all meet again.

argiriano
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2012-02-26 14:39
Sadly we often forgot that have to live our lives like we wont be here for long... and actually we never know how much longer we`ll be here. So as I`m extreamly sad to hear this news, even though we don`t know us personally I wish you to have the life you always dream of, to do the things you always want and maybe fear to do, to let your beloved persons how much they mean to you ... and to be satisfied!!!

farewell

Marly
Apple iPhone 6
PM
Posted: 2012-02-26 16:27
Thanks, masseur, for posting this here, giving us the opportunity to say something, even though it's hard.

Thank you for the effort you've put in keeping Esato the way it is, which is why many of us enjoy coming here, even long after we've switched away from SE to other brands. For many years you've managed to do this on your own, being the only active mod, before tranced joined you.

I sincerely hope your condition will allow you, to make the most of the time you've left, together with your wife, son, daughter, family and friends.

Farewell, we won't forget you.
"America: please don’t be a Dumpfkopf"
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2012-02-26 16:42
Oh my god masseur I am so sorry I wanna wish you the best and never any hard feelings I cannot believe it. I feel so sad by this :'(

[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2012-02-26 15:48 ]
tranced
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2012-02-26 17:06
I can't find a way to tell what I'm feeling right now. This feeling has got all over me and the tears are the only way to let you know.

It was really fun to have you with us and all I can wish you is to spend the time you have left in peace. Surrounded by the ones who care about you and like wise.

I will miss you a lot. My prayers will be with you.
I jay0726 | (+3, 0) | Clara, Evita, Mimmi & Victoria | My Pics | Do your job!
ceaser2008
Aino White
PM
Posted: 2012-02-26 17:38
Dear masseur,

I am so shocked to hear this. Esato is like my family and you are one of the chief and important part of my this family. I cant think Esato without you. I always loved you and continue to love you. I am writing these with heavy heart and kinda pain in my mind. My eyes have tears. I love you. Thank you, thank you, thank you for everything you did for Esato and for us. Thank you is such a small word to express our feelings for you. ( i am all chocked up) This is like loosing one of family member.

May God bless you with your remaining life and my sincere pray to God, in next life, pls dont give my dear Masseur to suffer this illness. Next life, he has all right to live happily and have to have life of at least 70+ years. Amen
[ This Message was edited by: ceaser2008 on 2012-02-26 16:49 ]
ESATO Most Loved & Best Asian Member MMX & MMIX
February : Shoot The MUSIC
AbuBasim
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2012-02-26 17:48
It was a very long time ago since I posted here. Kind of drifted off as I have been using non-SE phones for a while.

But coming back and reading this is very sad. Like a very hard slap in the face.

@masseur,
All the best for the time you have left of this life and then in the next. You will be missed and Esato will not be the same without you

None of us know what fate has in store for us. For some, the end comes very suddenly. For others, this comes announced in advance. I don't know if either is better. Perhaps to know when it is going to happen is best, as it gives a chance to put affairs in order.
mriley
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2012-02-26 17:56
So sad to hear this we all wish you the greatest happiness in the world, hope you have peace in oz and enjoy the time you have with family and friends. We will all miss you, esato wont be the same without you
Esato's Newbie of the year and Most Helpful Member 2010!
-------------------
Life is just a ride, enjoy it while you can
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2012-02-26 18:03
I did wonder masseur why you were so choked up about when Whitney Houston passed away and you said you wondered about your own mortality. Makes me sad thinking of that.
Phone?? What phone??
ceaser2008
Aino White
PM
Posted: 2012-02-26 18:09
ESATO Most Loved & Best Asian Member MMX & MMIX
February : Shoot The MUSIC
S4k1s
Sony Xperia Z5
PM
Posted: 2012-02-26 18:23
This is a really sad day. Even though I don't know you irl masseur, you have been a part of my daily life for a whole decade, always calming me down with your PM responses and handling my bickering with a smile and positiveness.
I couldn't say the same for more then a few people outside my family.

Even today when I was an idiot you ended it on a positive note

You will be greatly missed!

cheers!
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2012-02-26 18:23
Masseur that's a lovely beach in Australia there. You go sit on it put your feet up & enjoy a good drink watching the Aussie sunset Bickering?? What bickering, it's just different views it does not matter
[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2012-02-26 17:26 ]
Phone?? What phone??
fbloise
Nokia 808 PureView
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-02-26 18:37
Very sad news indeed, is kind of a bitter farewell as I've personally lost close relatives to this.

Just hope you find inner peace and spend your time with your loving ones. We all thank you for what you did (ESATO project), this community I've made my closest friends to date. My blessings are with you and your family.
"Haters are just confused Admirers" My Website
Foro.DO Facebook Group at http://www.facebook.com/groups/esato/

BBM: 2B5E52DF
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
123 ... 141516  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic