Forum > Manufacturer Discussion > Apple > Apple To Sue Kodak

12  Next
Author Apple To Sue Kodak
julias
X2 White
PM
Posted: 2012-02-15 22:18
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Will they ever stop?Now poor and bankrupt Kodak gets sued by Apple.Kodak announced it was leaving the digital camera market and would focus on monetizing its trove of patents. It’s over some of these that Apple is now itching to sue.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news[....]pt-kodak-for-infringement.html
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2012-02-15 23:17
Patents in Kodak printers etc something they been making for years before even crApple even farted as a baby. Sorry but I have had enough of Apple
Phone?? What phone??
julias
X2 White
PM
Posted: 2012-02-15 23:32
Kodak founded in 1880 and Apple founded 1977 I think Kodak's patents have been around much longer and they have been in the game much longer.
Felimenta97
Sony Xperia S
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-02-16 00:32
Are you nice kiddin me, Apple?

There are no nice things you should worry more? Like, the extremely high price of your iDevices on Brazil?
I don't get people. Never Have, never will.
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2012-02-16 01:36

On 2012-02-15 23:17:00, Bonovox wrote:
Patents in Kodak printers etc something they been making for years before even crApple even farted as a baby. Sorry but I have had enough of Apple

Oh dear looks like you had enough of me too

btw all the stuff Apple allegedy do does not make me wanna give up my iPhone
I actually love the thing like its a little baby!

I guess apple must have there pro-found reasons into all this malarky
but posting up threads like this isn't gonna change the fact lol

its just making people reply with rude remarks cos its gets up there nose
An "Apple" a day keeps the Doctor at Bay!
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2012-02-16 20:26
Maybe they're like me ? i reply because i like the iPhone, if i could afford a tablet i would go for an iPad over an Android pad, but they're just always infuriated by Apple's bullying of the markets competitors.

Apple clearly want NO competition. They want total global dominance. If they ever achieve this, the market will become boring, no innovation and Apple will be able to charge even more. I dont want to be a slave to one company (or go without).

Imagine if Volvo tried to sue every other car manufacturer to put them out of business. Imagine if they did just that. Can you imagine a world full of cars which are all Volvo ?? what a boring world that would be !!
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2012-02-16 20:36
...and its more focussed on Esato (and the media) lately because all anyone wants to do is posting about who Apple is suing, and not who is suing Apple, or who else in the industry is suing who else and these activities have ALWAYS been happening. But now that Apple are one of the top companies in the world, as is human nature with anything successful, there are many that want to put them down.

I'll say it again, companies are granted patents only after a long and stringent process. If they then choose to protect those legal given interests then that is their right, even if I agree that some (like this one) appear a bit rediculous.

Why is no one complaining about the patent process that grants these patents... at all?
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2012-02-16 20:49
I have though. In another thread a few weeks ago which i dont remember which, i said the people granting these patents must be in Apple's back pocket.

Of course this has always gone on in many industries, but in Apple's case they're simply going too far. They're wanting to sue people for such stupid reasons, many of which arent even their property or rights. I dont think its anything to do with them getting big and popular, that would be the reason Joe Public would use. For me and the phone geeks here on this forum its because we're just p*ssed off hearing about Apple's attempts to kill Samsung, Google, HTC and now even take strips off Kodak - a struggling company who're losing their bread and butter business through the natural progression of cameraphones over compact cameras.
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
bangsters
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-02-16 20:50
I totally agree with masseur on this..... i think the patent process is flawed.... and if apple chooses to sue and put every competitor out of business, then can they be subject to antitrust lawsuit, similar to MS back in the days?

As much as I love/hate apple, i choose my gadgets not based on brand.... like i have a macbook pro, but using windows on top of it lol (win7>mac os lion)...but then i use htc with android for my phones....

http://www.toqen.com - quality hosting, dedicated servers and colocation that's right on the budget

http://www.clubfairlady.com - a Z33/350z and G35 site and a lot more
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2012-02-16 20:57

On 2012-02-16 20:49:16, etaab wrote:
I have though. In another thread a few weeks ago which i dont remember which, i said the people granting these patents must be in Apple's back pocket.

so still you want to make it Apple's fault. Shall we now start new threads about a conspiracy regarding Apple and the patent offices in every territory?
adsada
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2012-02-16 21:09
This whole Apple suing debacle on esato is getting pretty tedious. So much so, I didn't want to reply in this thread because all the arguments have been made in other threads and I don't think there is much else to add.

Although yes the patent process is flawed, its obvious why Apple is suing competitors like crazy. Although you'll say it's just Apple protecting what's theirs, why they actually do it is because they know they cannot compete in the market for a sustained period. And its what history tells us, when a company refuses to allow their OS on third party hardware its obvious they cannot sustain growth in any marketplace. Apple know this, so they are trying to sue in the hopeful aim on killing competition or at least gain royalties on the back of other manufactures so they still earn money even when their platform goes to shit.

Anyway I'm going to resist posting in any future Apple discussions, though I probably wont be able to stop myself
A-D-S-A-D-A
Xperia S
Long live the legacy of the Xperia arc
Long live the legacy of the K850i
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2012-02-16 23:16
Etaab it's not that apple are expensive
It's cos of vat tax on everything in the uk
Head over n Look at USA prices on apple website

Big difference
An "Apple" a day keeps the Doctor at Bay!
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2012-02-18 17:06
Patent wars!!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-17040699
Phone?? What phone??
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2012-02-18 17:15
interesting impartial article, but it does somewhat confirm my thoughts that all manufacturers patent any little detail of something they are doing that has been previously gone unpatented, and once granted, they seek to protect those patents.

e.g. why else would google, with their fantastic android o/s, seek to buy motorola mobility? it is largely because motorola have been around so long and do have an enormous patent stockpile that it is worth google owning.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2012-02-18 17:22
Ah I see interesting yes
Phone?? What phone??
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi