Posted: 2012-02-08 15:01
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

http://pic.twitter.com/wz9TpipC
laffen
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
PM
Posted: 2012-02-08 22:40

Is the point that phones used to be colourful before 2007 and now they are black? I don't get it
julias
X2 White
PM
Posted: 2012-02-08 22:52
Post iphone they look the same how boring.
julias
X2 White
PM
Posted: 2012-02-08 23:35
And i just discovered that Apple actually made the ipad before the iphone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QztwBzcVaw&feature=related
adsada
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2012-02-09 00:28
Extremely selective, what you're comparing is apples and oranges. Featurephones and Smartphones, I can think of many devices before the iPhone which could go on the right side. The various WM handsets (there are many samsung ones which come to mind) If I wasted my time I could gather an array of these pre 2007 smartphones and put them next to post 2007 phones which look nothing like the iPhone. Masseur you're normally one for statistics which are fair and representative, I'd like to know how these were selected... I'm guessing some Crapple fanboy Picking different phones to make their ludicrous point look genuine.
A-D-S-A-D-A
Xperia S
Long live the legacy of the Xperia arc
Long live the legacy of the K850i
mriley
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2012-02-09 02:02
I totally agree with adsada, the point of this thread/original post is to show us how Apple have saved us from the boring feature phones and given us the modern day smartphone. Not only that but it explains Apple are so great that all the other phone companies copied them. Top class Apple fan boy bs, same old same old...
Esato's Newbie of the year and Most Helpful Member 2010!
-------------------
Life is just a ride, enjoy it while you can
julias
X2 White
PM
Posted: 2012-02-09 02:05
I bet if Apple starting producing those multi coloured multi shaped phones others will no doubt start to copy them again.
mriley
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2012-02-09 03:44
I think the point is that everyone copies ideas from other successful companies to progress into a new type of product, but just because one company are said to have done it first, does not mean they're the best.
Most people with money in their pocket will lump for the iPhone because its most well known, without considering the competition. Its fair enough liking the iPhone but can't understand how people could admire Apple, and the way in which they make money.
Esato's Newbie of the year and Most Helpful Member 2010!
-------------------
Life is just a ride, enjoy it while you can
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2012-02-09 08:56

On 2012-02-08 22:40:09, laffen wrote:

Is the point that phones used to be colourful before 2007 and now they are black? I don't get it

The picture was making the rounds on a few news sites but there wasn't much commentary about it at the time I posted this.
To be honest, I didn't totally get it, though I could see that someone was trying hard to make a point about the diversity of shapes and sizes of phone previously compared with now.

I figured that if I said nothing with the picture it might just get people thinking and discussing...
djin
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2012-02-09 09:32
Sonyericsson p800-p990, htc wm phones, they all had touchscreens, but iphone should get the credit for making the first hit touchscreen phone liked by many which did change the game.. Before that people would reserve touchscreen for "business users" or geeks as they were hard to use , needed stylus,etc.
Xperia T + N 96

R.I.P Desire
adsada
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2012-02-09 18:45

On 2012-02-09 09:32:49, djin wrote:
Sonyericsson p800-p990, htc wm phones, they all had touchscreens, but iphone should get the credit for making the first hit touchscreen phone liked by many which did change the game.. Before that people would reserve touchscreen for "business users" or geeks as they were hard to use , needed stylus,etc.

You say that, but the 1st gen iPhone was used really mainly by business users mostly. It didn't really become a popular main stream handset until about the 3gs, by which time there was already other similar phones on the market and smartscreened phones were becoming popular and the norm...
A-D-S-A-D-A
Xperia S
Long live the legacy of the Xperia arc
Long live the legacy of the K850i
julias
X2 White
PM
Posted: 2012-02-09 21:14
Every bl**dy phone is now a rectangle block i imagine a world before the iphone when we didn't know what to expect and now well we know what shape its going to be if nothing else.
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2012-02-10 05:11
Hmm but today is all about the dawn age of the PC
people now want the ability to use there phones as
smaller mini versions of there computers

I agree though the iPhone is big enough for that required use
but 4+ may top it and 5+ just seems crazy to me

next we'll be carrying ipads to our ears instead of these devices

btw I see-a-Cutee upthere ^^ my Nokia 8210
An "Apple" a day keeps the Doctor at Bay!
ernesthelmer
Model not set
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-02-17 05:50
Now at this present time we don’t see flip phones, mini phones, or anything else in general. All of the new phones we see nowadays are smartphones.
I don't disagree that Apple has had an immense impact on the mobile industry ... but this picture is a little sensationalist. You're basically showing a bunch of dumb phones (on the left) against a bunch of smart phones (on the right). Smartphone market share has definitely grown a lot, but you're assuming that smartphones currently dominate the marketplace, which they do not.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi