Esato

Forum > Information > Esato News Articles > Yahoo UK announces search engine for Apple App Store and Android Market

Author Yahoo UK announces search engine for Apple App Store and Android Market
laffen
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
PM
Posted: 2012-02-02 14:20
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
The search giant does not host any app directory itself, but has release a dedicated search engine for both the Apple and Google controlled market places

Esato News

masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2012-02-02 14:23
perhaps I'm missing the point but why do we need this?

I can easily search for apps either in iTunes or directly on the phone in the App Store app, and I always find what I want.
laffen
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
PM
Posted: 2012-02-02 14:41
Of course we only need one search engine. The question is which one? I am sure you are glad Larry and Sergey started Google and gave Yahoo something to compete against? You could say the same thing back in 1998: Who needs Google, I can find anything I want by using Yahoo.

And isn't competition one of those things that drive the world forwards. The creative minds in Google and Apple must be doing something better than Yahoo to keep the competition away.
chunkybeats
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2012-02-02 20:57
i hate yahoo its just so messy and full of bugs! Google is king and will remain king, obviously ifans hate Google but remember it helped your little handsets go somewhere before Apple became d1cks!
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi