Esato

Forum > Information > Esato News Articles > Samsung Galaxy Nexus violates Apple's slide-to-unlock utility patent

123  Next
Author Samsung Galaxy Nexus violates Apple's slide-to-unlock utility patent
laffen
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
PM
Posted: 2012-01-22 04:05
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
The latest news from the continuous court battle between Apple and Samsung: Apple claims Samsung infringe slide-to-unlock utility model on the Galaxy Nexus Android smartphone

Read Esato News
[ This Message was edited by: laffen on 2012-01-22 03:06 ]
tranced
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2012-01-22 04:17
The year hasn't started well and here they go again. This is getting out of control IMO and I mean by the part of Apple.
yark
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-01-22 04:57
I had slide to unlock on my backyard gate when i was 5 years old.

Next they'll patent breathing and you'll have to pay them fees to live. Oh yeah...apple doesn't accept licensing fees, they'll just want you to die instead.

I seriously hate the Apple brand. They can't innovate their way out of a paper bag anymore.

They're going to lose this patent suit anyway. In the diagram above there is an item labled 404. This is the groove that the slide travels along. That does not exist on the Android device, hence, it is not the same.

Google's is more of a "Circle to unlock."
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2012-01-22 06:25
Oh for god sake now come on Apple you cannot be serious now. Next they'll be suing coz they put the on off switch in the same place where does this shit end?? Or the screen is the same size or shape. And please Apple fans stop giving excuses for them. Its not just Samsung that has a slide to unlock its Android too and that ain't even the point. @yark funny comment in your back gate Samsung also never wrote the software its Google. Apple never invented slide to unlock

Nokia Lumia 800
[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2012-01-22 05:49 ]
masteryang88
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-01-22 19:44
Apple's losin it LMAO
buntoo
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2012-01-22 22:02
[addsig]
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2012-01-22 22:47
Still think this is really pathetic.
Phone?? What phone??
skblakee
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2012-01-22 22:50
Apple need to just take this behind the scenes and negotiate.
Galaxy Note III with 64gb micro SD
Visit St.Kitts in the Caribbean. Beautiful little place.
iPad Air 16GB
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2012-01-22 22:54
But this one is so lame of them. And it is Google who make the software in this device so why is Samsung being picked on yet again?? Samsung actually makes its own swipe screen to unlock on its Touchwiz interface. And Apple never invented slide to unlock did they??
Phone?? What phone??
Run_dawn10
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2012-01-23 11:08
I use a Mac and I'm really happy with it but things like this makes me ashamed of owning a Mac.

It seems that Apple is now focusing on crushing its competitors (namely Samsung, HTC and Motorola) instead on innovation.

Bravo Apple, I'm getting a Dell XPS to replace this MacBook Pro.

Plus, the default ICS locking mechanism doesn't even resemble the iOS equivalent.
[ This Message was edited by: Run_dawn10 on 2012-01-23 15:16 ]
Nokia 6070 (2006-2009), K550 (second hand 2009-2010), Hazel (J20i) (2010-2011), Samsung Galaxy S II (2011-2012), Samsung Galaxy S III (2012-2014), Sony Xperia Z3 (2014-)
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2012-01-23 16:00
Yes Dell is good.
Phone?? What phone??
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2012-01-24 15:52
The iPhone I think has always had the ring pull since it launched!
(Masseur Quote me on this)

anyway looking at all this I guess apple dislike how other manufacturers cannot come up with there own thing
before the iPhone came along where was Touchscreen phones? had there P9 Series

just looking at this makes people flip but thinking about it
Apple are only protecting themselves from other manufacturers to lame to
stump up there own ideas in there software, Android is a great deal similar to iOS

but the Android system brings in more features (live stuff, customization)

the android platform is becoming a large bit of tech more people are buying it
as it starts from lower prices then the i-Devices

Apple prob just dislike how big it's become and will try and stop the threat in any dumb way if possible!

I myself am torn between the 2 platforms
I cannot help that I like my iPhone abit more then the android phone now though
An "Apple" a day keeps the Doctor at Bay!
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2012-01-24 16:39
Oh please don't make me laugh. Protecting themselves?? Apple are only interested in THEMSELVES. They are even like I said before suing the wrong people. Its not Samsung its Google who made the software. And nearly all touch screens have had a slide unlock system since the invention of touch screens. Weather you slide it up down right or left. Samsung have their own way of unlocking their screens in their own phones. The Nexus software is not made by Samsung. And Apple never invented touch screen unlock either and Apple have copied many ideas from Android as well as others. Pull down notification is one. Other manufacturers have plenty of their own ideas Miss UK. Virtually nothing is copied from Apple and most features other manufacturers had way before iPhone existed. And exactly where is iOS similar to Android??

Nokia Lumia 800
[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2012-01-24 15:43 ]
adsada
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2012-01-24 17:27
Say Android did get inspiration from iOS's unlock switch, so what? Is it really that big a deal? It's what happens in capitalism, competition! I could say Apple are shockingly bad for using a drag down notification bar in their recent iOS update. That, if anything, is far worse because that's actually a unique idea unlike a bloody unlock switch!

Apple know their iOS really has no future in a long run, it cannot sustain only being released on only Apple hardware and the look of it, which now is starting to look very dated. But they have a shit load of savings, so they're spending this $$$ on trying to block all competition through dirty tactics and top class lawyers.

At the end of the day Apple believe Android is a copy of iOS and as such is stealing potential customers. However if Android didn't exist I would never buy an iPhone.
A-D-S-A-D-A
Xperia S
Long live the legacy of the Xperia arc
Long live the legacy of the K850i
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2012-01-24 17:32
Google have said nothing to Apple about the drop down notification bar. They should have sued Apple for it.
Phone?? What phone??
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi