Esato

Forum > Information > Esato News Articles > Leaked photos - Is Sony working on a Windows Phone smartphone?

Previous  12
Author Leaked photos - Is Sony working on a Windows Phone smartphone?
shafiq04162
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-01-18 11:42
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
this is fact that we have to pay the whole money on the spot to buy mobile. as the rates of most of the touch screen mobiles are high as compared to simple sets so most of the people in developing countries goes for the simple sets. second major problem is the security reasons in developing countries. my two mobiles has been gone one k850 taken by gun point and the other w995 stolen from my room in hstil. so mostly people try to buy cheap set. yet people like qualities. the sony ericsson sets like w995 k850 k810 w810 attracted costomers by qualities yet possessing low price.
second thing is that most of the people have a very hard life so dont have much time to make use of all the qualities of sets. when i just get exausted i just listen songs for a while and some time i need camera. i dont use mobile for games or any thing els. i think the sony ericsson music was the sofest in all the mobile compititors even better than apple iphone specially w995 with equlizer (clear bass soul easy). so thats why i like sony ericsson. now as the company is only sony so they should really think hard by ending such sets.

i have also used sony ericsson g900. its good but slow. if sony still want end sets with old operating system then they should made g900 like sets with both touch screen and key board running on android system. but they should keep other qualities like at least 8 or 12 mega camera and both xenon flash and led flash that also works as a light bcz we need it more.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2012-01-18 13:35
Gotta be realistic mate it won't happen
Phone?? What phone??
Run_dawn10
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2012-01-18 16:17

On 2012-01-18 11:42:32, shafiq04162 wrote:
this is fact that we have to pay the whole money on the spot to buy mobile. as the rates of most of the touch screen mobiles are high as compared to simple sets so most of the people in developing countries goes for the simple sets. second major problem is the security reasons in developing countries. my two mobiles has been gone one k850 taken by gun point and the other w995 stolen from my room in hstil. so mostly people try to buy cheap set. yet people like qualities. the sony ericsson sets like w995 k850 k810 w810 attracted costomers by qualities yet possessing low price.
second thing is that most of the people have a very hard life so dont have much time to make use of all the qualities of sets. when i just get exausted i just listen songs for a while and some time i need camera. i dont use mobile for games or any thing els. i think the sony ericsson music was the sofest in all the mobile compititors even better than apple iphone specially w995 with equlizer (clear bass soul easy). so thats why i like sony ericsson. now as the company is only sony so they should really think hard by ending such sets.

i have also used sony ericsson g900. its good but slow. if sony still want end sets with old operating system then they should made g900 like sets with both touch screen and key board running on android system. but they should keep other qualities like at least 8 or 12 mega camera and both xenon flash and led flash that also works as a light bcz we need it more.
Actually, I see more and more people with smartphones nowadays. To some, they are now more of a necessity than a luxury.

Nokia still makes budget phones for those who only need to call and text. Actually, many can do more than that.
Nokia 6070 (2006-2009), K550 (second hand 2009-2010), Hazel (J20i) (2010-2011), Samsung Galaxy S II (2011-2012), Samsung Galaxy S III (2012-2014), Sony Xperia Z3 (2014-)
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2012-01-18 16:25
Well,Nokia has some new Symbian Belle smart phones for just over a £100 with a 1 gig processor(Nokia 500) & that does more than enough tasks smart phone wise & can do as much as an Android phone for instance at a budget price with still decent spec & reliability. Symbian Belle is very good. There are even Gingerbread Huawei Android phones here The Blaze for £60 which is nuts & got good reviews too. Who really needs the feature phones now?? Sony Ericsson ones were great but it is time to move on. And if you don't like touch screens there is still some decent keypad phones out there,Blackberry & even other brands copying Blackberries. Nokia is great to me at all ends with budget to top of the range. A member of Esato told me his dad who is in his 70's got himself a Samsung Galaxy S2!! What does that tell you?? I for one love my all in one device I can be anywhere & do anything. The future is smart. Even I hated touch screen at first but it's much much better for browsing the web with. Anyway I am rambling now
Phone?? What phone??
Marly
Apple iPhone 6
PM
Posted: 2012-01-18 20:55

On 2012-01-18 16:25:36, Bonovox wrote:
Well,Nokia has some new Symbian Belle smart phones for just over a £100 with a 1 gig processor(Nokia 500) & that does more than enough tasks smart phone wise & can do as much as an Android phone for instance at a budget price with still decent spec & reliability.

True, these phones are great value for money, but keep in mind, that many people in developing countries would be very happy to earn £100 a month, they can't spend that on a phone, and they still would have to buy a simcard with mins and texts.
Also you mustn't think of ceaser and his K850i, when thinking about phones in countries like India (ceaser has his own business and the K850i was a high-end phone, when it was new), think of the working class, small farmers, people without a regular job, etc. They can't afford a £100 phone, they need one for less than £50, simple and reliable, for calls and texts only, they don't need easy internet access, they can't afford it anyways. In countries like India, China, Pakistan (where shafiq04162 is from, afaik) and lots of others, also in Africa and South-America, many remote villages don't even have access to the landline, as it's too expensive. So the villagers didn't have any phone at all, before there were mobiles. Putting up some GSM-Masts is relatively cheap, and now even the most remote villages can have access to the modern world. Instead of walking to the doctor's when their child is ill, they can call him and so gain valuable time. They can call their boss, when they're sick and can't come to work. When they don't work regularly, they can get a call, when there's work for them. We here in Europa think this is normal and we can't imagine anymore, how important this is. These cheap little phones for the masses, like Nokias 1-series, are soooo much more important to the economy of developing countries, than the iPhones and Galaxys of few members of the rich class.
So when a brand, like Sony, doesn't offer these cheap phones anymore, those people won't buy a more expensive one from this brand, they'll switch to another brand. There are still enough large and well-known brands more than happy to sell these cheap phones with low profit: Nokia, Samsung, LG, ZTE and Huawei, etc.
[ This Message was edited by: Marly on 2012-01-18 20:04 ]
"America: please don’t be a Dumpfkopf"
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2012-01-18 21:04
You see this phone is £60 here
http://www.phones4u.co.uk/sho[....]mkey=564171&intcid=payg-hot-p5
Android Gingerbread & HVGA display for that price is a steal
Phone?? What phone??
Marly
Apple iPhone 6
PM
Posted: 2012-01-18 21:12
Nice price indeed, but I don't think, people in Asia or Africa can order a PAYG phone from Phones4u in the UK
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2012-01-18 21:16
No I was just stating how cheap these decent phones can be
Phone?? What phone??
Marly
Apple iPhone 6
PM
Posted: 2012-01-18 21:44
It has no 3G though, this means slow internet and WiFi isn't available everywhere, so no wonder it's cheap, plus you'd have to pay £10 top up.
Last year's Orange San Francisco (ZTE) was a much better offer.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2012-01-18 21:46
Yes it does
http://www.phonesreview.co.uk[....]-specs-release-with-phones-4u/

There is also this from T Mobile really good value with 800x480 display,800mhz processor & 512 ram made by ZTE

http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/sho[....]/t-mobile-vivacity-black-payg/
[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2012-01-18 20:49 ]
Phone?? What phone??
Marly
Apple iPhone 6
PM
Posted: 2012-01-18 22:08

On 2012-01-18 21:46:19, Bonovox wrote:
Yes it does
http://www.phonesreview.co.uk[....]-specs-release-with-phones-4u/

Yeah, I see, didn't know that (never bothered with Chinese phones tbh), but on their PAYG page it only says GPRS ?
Must be a mistake then, but this isn't about Chinese phones, so it's going way too off-topic anyways
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2012-01-18 22:09
I know we are way off topic
Phone?? What phone??
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi