Forum > General discussions > Rumours > Sony Xperia Rumours 2012

Previous  123 ... 363738 ... 318319320  Next
Author Sony Xperia Rumours 2012
Ravager
T610
PM
Posted: 2012-01-11 14:38
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Sony Ericsson got 3000 people in Lund and are about to open a R&D center in Copenhagen just an hour by train from Lund.
Sony mobile communications are going to be a subsidiary of Sony and not act on direct orders from Sony but from it's own CEO . Hence the takeover the influence from Sony will be stronger but just design wise so the products fit their product line. Most likely they are willing to invest more money, something Ericsson wasn't to keen on.
Sweden and Japan got two different types of hierarchy. In sweden everyone can share their opinion, making it easy to invent new products. Japan is very top controlled, which we saw demonstration on at the press conference .
Hopefully Sony can acknowledge the Swedish way and use it to become the leaders in Mobile phones.
Ravager
The tiny rabbit from outer space
nikos_se
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2012-01-11 14:45
Well,i was watching the CES press conference and realised that Sony smartphones are going to have some really amazing features.Music/Video unlimited+Playstation suite,are enough to make people look away from the iphone 4s.The new interface is really eye-candy,much better than sense 3.0 or touchwiz.Also,xperia S is a pretty good all-around device,and its rumoured price(450eur) is really logical too.

Do we have more info about the Nypon??If it is priced correctly(less than 350eur),it will be a really good device!!!!!
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2012-01-11 15:06
nvm
[ This Message was edited by: randomuser on 2013-09-24 15:01 ]
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2012-01-11 16:22
Sony Mobile Communications head office in Japan ?
[ This Message was edited by: randomuser on 2013-09-24 15:01 ]
TheBecksF
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2012-01-11 16:29
where i can find Unknown13x. posts please
and i hope there is flagshipe with higher specs from sony with new UI instead of this ugly one
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2012-01-11 16:33

On 2012-01-11 16:29:03, TheBecksF wrote:
where i can find Unknown13x. posts please
and i hope there is flagshipe with higher specs from sony with new UI instead of this ugly one

In XDA forums - Xperia X10 general forum - thread about Sony phones.
Yes there will be a true Sony flagship with class leading specs but only in second half of the year. Q3 is what unknown13x mentioned.
koss
K810 Blue
PM
Posted: 2012-01-11 16:44
Unfortunatly I need to wait for galaxy s3 12 MP camera android smartphone.

Xperia S has same horrible photo and video quality like xperia Arc... only pixels increase.. Shame sony again.
I don't need to take rapid photos I need to take good quality photos... Photo compression algorithm, lens and image sensor are a shame... in xperia S.
Instead they use marketing strategy of 12 MP.. they should put good 8 MP sensor, quality lens and good compression.

Xperia S from my perspective is a failure

It will fight with galaxy S2, one year old phone
It has no card slot... "BIG -"
Ugli design... that bottom.. I don't like
Camera performance .. same like xperia Arc.. only pixel increase.. ( exmor R for mobile only marketing.. nothing special)
Display with Bravia engine for mobile... blablabla.. marketing too, nothing special. It can't compete with amoleds,, super amoleds.. etc..
And if the price will be 500 euros... then the phone will be to expensive for what cand do..

For me is another disappointment from sonyericsson (sony)...shame..
[ This Message was edited by: koss on 2012-01-11 15:45 ]
nikos_se
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2012-01-11 16:57
@Koss,i think that you are overreacting here...32gb built-in storage is more than enough for a mobile phone!Iphone sells millions with just 8gb or 16gb.It's better than galaxy s2(screen/camera) and the processor is quite zippy(not as zippy as exynos,gpu wise).It appears for the first time in many years Sony wont overprice their product(less than 500eur).If u look at SE best sellers they never had the most cutting edge technology,they were just good all-around phones,with great design and reasonable price.We cant judge photo quality from just a prototype.All in all,the presence of xperia S makes absolutely sense.It's a phone targeted for the high-end market for the first half of 2012,and then targeting the mid-range market for the second half of 2012.

dika
Model not set
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-01-11 17:03

On 2012-01-11 16:44:14, koss wrote:

Xperia S has same horrible photo and video quality like xperia Arc... only pixels increase.. Shame sony again.
I don't need to take rapid photos I need to take good quality photos... Photo compression algorithm, lens and image sensor are a shame... in xperia S.
Instead they use marketing strategy of 12 MP.. they should put good 8 MP sensor, quality lens and good compression.

Camera performance .. same like xperia Arc.. only pixel increase.. ( exmor R for mobile only marketing.. nothing special)
Display with Bravia engine for mobile... blablabla.. marketing too, nothing special. It can't compete with amoleds,, super amoleds.. etc..
And if the price will be 500 euros... then the phone will be to expensive for what cand do..

This is Sony forum...not Samsung...and your English is horrible, too... That's ugly not ugli...how smart are you...
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-01-11 17:58
@dika... there's no need to insult people. the large number of the users on this forum are foreign and english is their second language. Furthermore, he was commenting on his OPINION (which he has every right to do) that the xperia S did not live up to his expectations and thus he will opt for the galaxy s3.

now back on topic...

has anyone found a video showing the LED strip features (if there are any)? I've only heard one reference to them changing color but haven't found one that actually shows it or any other video that mentions it for that matter...
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
DACHA
Sony Xperia ZL
PM
Posted: 2012-01-11 18:16

On 2012-01-11 16:44:14, koss wrote:

Where have you seen photos and videos taken with the S?
It would be nice if you could share the link with us.
[ This Message was edited by: DACHA on 2012-01-11 17:39 ]
MrHappyFit
Sony Xperia V
PM
Posted: 2012-01-11 18:27
http://www.youtube.com/watch?[....]t&context=G2770daeAHTw2zwgAIAA

here is a video i found.
DACHA
Sony Xperia ZL
PM
Posted: 2012-01-11 19:18
Xperia™ ion is perfect for global travelers
-16-
W810 black
PM
Posted: 2012-01-11 19:25

On 2012-01-11 18:27:36, MrHappyFit wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?[....]t&context=G2770daeAHTw2zwgAIAA

here is a video i found.

At least the sound quailty in this video is the best I have seen so far from a smartphone camera...
motvikt
T68i
PM
Posted: 2012-01-11 20:48

On 2012-01-11 15:06:15, randomuser wrote:

On 2012-01-11 11:28:52, aurelius wrote:

I mean that it will still be the same people doing the job, same developers same engineers but the descision is taken by Sony head office in Japan!

Oh really Then can you tell me why development of future phones has been taken over by Sony Team in Japan ?
And its not me saying it but unknown13x who has been 100% correct in whatever info he shared over the last few weeks. He mentioned that the new SONY devices are being developed by the Sony Team and he has no source at Sony and hence no idea about the Sony phones that will come out in Q3.

I am sure he would have had all info if the SONY devices were being designed and developed by team at Lund, no ? Should have been a piece of cake for an ex employee if it was indeed the same people working on future SONY phones.

This is what unknown13x posted
"I think I mentioned a couple of posts back that they're leaning toward the ST-E chips from the agreement with Ericsson on the takeover. I have no other info on 2H 2012 devices as the development shifted to Sony's team now, but will let you guys know if I find out anything more.
Welp, seems like many of you enjoyed the announcement and the new products. Don't think there's anything else that I could provide that would be beneficial. It should be pretty obvious what would be announced at MWC next month now. Til end of Q2, I'll be in ninja mode gathering sources now."

[ This Message was edited by: randomuser on 2012-01-11 14:10 ]

Lol unkown13x doesnt know what he is talking about in that particular matter . There was an article a couple of weeks ago where the CEO of Sony mobile (Bert) said they were moving their headquarters to Lund, Sweden. I suggest you read it. Mobile development is NOT moving to Japan.

And unknown13x is not a 100%reliable source like rog or maximys. Last year he said there would be cybershot phones coming. A lot of info he posted this year was already on xperiablog. He was right about the names though
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 363738 ... 318319320  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic