Add to Bookmarks
Author Sony Xperia Rumours 2012
pt020
W800
PM
Posted: 2011-12-28 23:17
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
The design of the EQ can give a hint for the overall desing
looks very pro and EQ is original SE/S (not an app) with 10 steps again ...
I hope the rest of the phone will looks nice and simple as this screen shot.
thatsweird
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2011-12-28 23:41
It actually does
Legen
W960
PM
Posted: 2011-12-29 00:23
The ics interface is quite nice you have to agree. Wouldn't it be good to have the option of turning off sonyericsson skin? I know i'd appreciate it
MNX1024
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2011-12-29 06:13

On 2011-12-29 00:23:14, Legen wrote:
The ics interface is quite nice you have to agree. Wouldn't it be good to have the option of turning off sonyericsson skin? I know i'd appreciate it

Agreed, not just SE, all manufacturer should allow the consumer to turn their UI/Theme on/off whenever we want and install others if we like.

Now concerning vanilla ICS, I love it. After using it on my nexus, I absolutely couldn't stand any other version of android, especially non-vanilla.
razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2011-12-29 07:13

On 2011-12-29 06:13:28, MNX1024 wrote:

On 2011-12-29 00:23:14, Legen wrote:

Agreed, not just SE, all manufacturer should allow the consumer to turn their UI/Theme on/off whenever we want and install others if we like.

Now concerning vanilla ICS, I love it. After using it on my nexus, I absolutely couldn't stand any other version of android, especially non-vanilla.

Actually Android ICS UI is so distinct now that we can hardly call it IOS lookalike, besides the new color theme looks very similar to SE's blue wave theme UI for android, I think All manufacturers should stop making their own deep custom UIs and focus instead on the quality of the software and speed up the rolling of software updates, Hardware abstraction due to different HW platform itself is a painful source of delay in Android OS update.

And the news on the bad camera performance of Nozomi scared me, If Nozomi can't even produce similar image quality as Satio in daylight then I think Sony's sensor development team is not doing their job well. Are we even going to see Sony phones shine on imaging in 2012?
10 years at Esato
argiriano
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2011-12-29 08:33

On 2011-12-29 07:13:23, razec wrote:
Actually Android ICS UI is so distinct now that we can hardly call it IOS lookalike, besides the new color theme looks very similar to SE's blue wave theme UI for android, I think All manufacturers should stop making their own deep custom UIs and focus instead on the quality of the software and speed up the rolling of software updates, Hardware abstraction due to different HW platform itself is a painful source of delay in Android OS update.

Actually that`s not going to happen at all, 'cause from the business perspective this is the only way to differentiate from the rest in the Android army... so we customers will still going to wait for updates.
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-12-29 14:41
without a distinctive software interface, the only difference will be hardware features and overall design of the handset. I think ICS is slick enough on its own to attract the vast majority of users and the common user, i would guess, selects their phone based on overall handset design anyway. It wouldn't too far fetched for manufacturers to stick with vanilla android, offer custom, innovative, and exclusive apps for their phones (e.g., timescape), and focus on speedy software updates, better hardware implementations, and overall happy customers

I'd be all for vanilla ICS with a fast and custom camera UI from sony with incredible optics and minimal post processing. I'm not knowledgeable about the intricacies of how its done, but why can't the photos taken with our phone cameras be taken in a RAW type format and saved as such? Storage these days is so large and cheap, it's not necessary to compress and process an image to death in order to conserve space. My dSLR has no problem saving RAW photos quickly without any delay, so what gives? I guess I'm asking too much of a phone camera
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
Legen
W960
PM
Posted: 2011-12-29 15:05
If i get one of the 2012 phones i will definitely root it and throw in cyanogen mod 9. Unskinned android 4.0 for me! Like sonyericsson for their hardware, software not as much
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-12-29 18:00
@Legen that's the complete opposite of what most people on this thread talk about. They all praise SE for their software experience while SE's choice of hardware has been unaggressive and safe. I've always enjoyed SE's software experience and the features they provide. It's the main reason I still buy SE products. Overall design and the user experience.

Looking forward to 2012 phones though... just 11 more days? YA!
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
Legen
W960
PM
Posted: 2011-12-29 18:45
I suppose you're right. But i really think its software thats the issue. E.g Satio - sucky software(symbian), good hardware(not processor and such. build quality). Imagine it had been an android phone. Cool right?
Only 11 more days. Really excited! Thanx for reminding me
Felimenta97
Sony Xperia S
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-12-29 20:11
I will unlock the bootloader to install CM9 too, but I think I will keep installed the SE ICS theme with stock launcher. By what has already out, I would love SE ICS visual with CM9 tweaks and such. I love it in my X10 Mini Pro.
I don't get people. Never Have, never will.
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2011-12-29 21:24
These days there isn't much between the software which is why the hardware has to be top. When I had both, I preferred the Arc to the Galaxy S2 because its a better package despite being slower (you have to put them next to each other to really see any difference) but the design and camera etc is better on the Arc. If can't come to the party with the quad core or whatever Samsung are doing, they need to come with a top camera, dedicated Walkman stuff and design. I think they are more than capable when they play to their strengths.

From what I have seen, the new devices are really good in terms of user experience so much so that I saw no difference between the Sensation XE and 'it'. If 'it' has a single, double or quad core; I couldn't tell at all because it was smooth. If it is a single core with that performance, its better to focus on other aspects like the camera and remembering to put enough internal storage etc. It all looks good to me and the devices look way better in real life, trust me on that.
aamwng
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2011-12-29 22:23
"New Rumors? Yes, Nozomi's name has been decided. Will have less letters than the Arc These will be "official" Sony handsets, and NOT SE handsets any longer.

The final SE handset is the Arc S that's already available."

This is from unknown13x
Detox
W800
PM
Posted: 2011-12-29 23:30
Still a surprise despite the rumours ...
[ This Message was edited by: Detox on 2011-12-29 22:30 ]
lolstebbo
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2011-12-30 04:29
http://www.bgr.com/2011/12/29[....]iling-reveals-xperia-ion-name/

"According to a recently filed trademark with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, Sony is looking to market a new device as the 'Xperia Ion.' "
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic