Forum > General discussions > Rumours > Sony Xperia Rumours 2012

Previous  123 ... 213214215 ... 318319320  Next
Author Sony Xperia Rumours 2012
-XYZ
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-07-28 17:53
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
3 The ps3 is the most open home console system this generation. Which is why Valve gave ps3 owners a free copy of the PC version of Portal 2 when they bought the PS3 version. But that is completely irrelevant.

Look a little further afield and you'll learn that all the 2012 Xperia phones were designed in Lund, by The old SE employees. The design team ismoving to Japan later this year.

Also, perfect HTC arbitrarily won't upgrade the Desire HD to ICS let alone JB.
People who are frustrated by updates, buy nothing short of a nexus. Everything else from any OEM will cause you problems. TouchWiz is a complete joke of a UI and Sense is far to heavy. Sony's UI is the cleanest and least obtrusive, nut still ca't compete with Stock . If you're really that posedpissed of with Sony, don't buy their phones, but don't write them off completely, because the may produce what you're looking for some time in the future. Keep an open mind, and summer declare allegiance to any individual OEM.

Also don't buy a Motorola, they may have a full qwerty keyboard, but they are the absolute worst with updates..... Even after google acquired them.

Now can we please stop the needless rage. Lets wait till IFA and official statements about JB. So far it's hearsay from facebook.
mediar
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-07-28 17:53
@king-james - You're my god. +1
[ This Message was edited by: mediar on 2012-07-28 16:53 ]
The best mobile phone brand died with Sony Ericsson's death. Shame on you Sony for killing it! And, of course, for ruining the Xperia brand...
Mediar's Site
bipinm
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2012-07-28 18:12
The only problem with Sony is the lack Of a high end smart phone...Thats why we are fighting here...Sony's phone cannot compete with SGS3 or One X...This fight will continue for 2013 2H when the true fireworks begin like randomuser said...He also said it take 18months to make a phone...So we will wait till then...

SONY become slow in the race because of the flood in Thailand..
Under Kaz Hirai I see a new hope...

I think ICS had a lot of bugs...that's why they came with Jellybean...Its not a Sony problem...Thats why it look like half baked...Other manufactures have these problem...So why blame Sony alone...

I personally don't own a Xperia..I Still use my SE C510...I am Waiting for my first Xperia...(Mint or GX)...When my friends ask me for a suggestion for a new phone, i recommend them a Sony...UNTIL NOW nobody ever Complaint me for buying them a Sony...

I read this forum everyday...These are my views...I could be wrong...

A SONY FAN...
mediar
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-07-28 18:29

On 2012-07-28 18:12:07, bipinm wrote:
The only problem with Sony is the lack Of a high end smart phone...Thats why we are fighting here...Sony's phone cannot compete with SGS3 or One X...This fight will continue for 2013 2H when the true fireworks begin like randomuser said...He also said it take 18months to make a phone...So we will wait till then...

You're right.
XS can not compete with SGS3 or One X;
Xperia Arc could not compete with SGS2 or HTC Sensation;
Xperia X10 could not compete with SGS or Nexus One;
Satio could not compete with Omnia HD...

When will Sony finally compete the others??? In 2013 2H you say... Why not in 10 years???

On 2012-07-28 18:12:07, bipinm wrote:
SONY become slow in the race because of the flood in Thailand..
Under Kaz Hirai I see a new hope...

Well, in 2012 the reason for their slowness is the flood in Thailand... In 2011 it was the earthquake in Japan... I wonder what will they think of in 2013... As we say here in Bulgaria: "If you want to do something, you'll find a way to do it. I you don't want to, you'll find a reason.". It fits pretty well, doesn't it?

And if ICS was so bad, why don't they release a JB update?

EDIT:

The company still makes a confusing catalog of gadgets that overlap or even cannibalize one another. It has also continued to let its product lines mushroom: 10 different consumer-level camcorders and almost 30 different TVs, for instance, crowd and confuse consumers.

“Sony makes too many models, and for none of them can they say, ‘This contains our best, most cutting-edge technology,’ ” Mr. Sakito said. “Apple, on the other hand, makes one amazing phone in just two colors and says, ‘This is the best.’ ”

[ This Message was edited by: mediar on 2012-07-28 17:37 ]
The best mobile phone brand died with Sony Ericsson's death. Shame on you Sony for killing it! And, of course, for ruining the Xperia brand...
Mediar's Site
-XYZ
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-07-28 18:34
@mediar

You can't make a whole lot when your manufacturing plants are hit by natural disaster. You probably haven't noticed that Sony's shipments of components to other companies have slowed down.
mediar
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-07-28 18:41
Yeah... Bad Luck Sony... I wonder what does the natural disaster have to do with the software updates... Because Sony slows them down too. Not to mention they don't produce the processors they use, so they can't excuse the fact they're using outdated processors with the natural disaster as well. It's their mistake and the flood/earthquake/... is not an excuse.
[ This Message was edited by: mediar on 2012-07-28 17:47 ]
Mediar's Site
-XYZ
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-07-28 20:10
@mediar

Obviously you're oblivious to three Snapdragon S4 shortages. Which just so happens to be the best SoC on the mobile market.

Though Sony has to improve a lot with regards to their general business model. Which is why Hirai is taking over and merging various divisions of the company in am attempt to unify the company. This is not an immediate processor. Old stock needs to be sold so their money isn't tied up in stock.

By the way Sony's recent 2012 Bravia HX853 happens to be the best LED-backlit LCD TV on the market. Signs of things to improve? Hopefully....
[ This Message was edited by: -XYZ on 2012-07-28 19:22 ]
Residentevil
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-07-28 20:27
Well said King James. I am a Sony fan as well. Sony laptop, Sony cameras, Sony stereo, but I have to put up with a Samsung Galaxy, because after the Pseries phones it went all downhill. The Pseries phones were great, but got plagued by a delivery 6mo after the anouncement. Sony just build a killer phone and deliver it within one month. How hard can that be?
Tough times don't last, tough people do!
Free Tibet
mediar
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-07-28 20:28

On 2012-07-28 20:10:06, -XYZ wrote:
Obviously you're oblivious to three Snapdragon S4 shortages. Which just so happens to be the best SoC on the mobile market.

But then again - they can use ST-Ericsson NovaThor processors more widely, or Nvidia Tegra or TI OMAP processors. Snapdragon are not the only one out there.
[ This Message was edited by: mediar on 2012-07-28 19:32 ]
Mediar's Site
-XYZ
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-07-28 20:46
They probably chose the SoC before the shortages. Beyond that the snapdragon S4 has a dedicated LTE baseband built into the SoC for improved power consumption.NovaThor U8500 is great for mid-low range smartphones, bit cannot compete with the S4 or Tegra 3. The latter has awful battery life. Sammy will never offer the Exynos 4 Quad to a competitor. The NovaThor U9600 won't be out till Q1-2 2013.
TI OMAP 4 is worse than the snapdragon S3. OMAP 5 is again out early 2013.

Name me an alternative capable of matching the S4.
MNX1024
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-07-28 20:50
Some of the users here seriously need to study economics and business, then start paying attention to the market, before they start running their mouths. Not everything in this world is easy and not everyone can be satisfied.

On the side note, I can't wait for the LT29i to be release. Not too happy with my Galaxy Nexus.
mediar
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-07-28 21:46

On 2012-07-28 20:46:04, -XYZ wrote:
They probably chose the SoC before the shortages. Beyond that the snapdragon S4 has a dedicated LTE baseband built into the SoC for improved power consumption.NovaThor U8500 is great for mid-low range smartphones, bit cannot compete with the S4 or Tegra 3. The latter has awful battery life. Sammy will never offer the Exynos 4 Quad to a competitor. The NovaThor U9600 won't be out till Q1-2 2013.
TI OMAP 4 is worse than the snapdragon S3. OMAP 5 is again out early 2013.

Name me an alternative capable of matching the S4.

Well, Meizu MX 4-Core is Samsung competitor, but it uses the Exynos 4 Quad. And the battery time of Tegra 3 is not bad either.

Tegra 3 vs Exynos 4 Quad
aka
HTC One X and LG Optimus 4X HD vs Samsung Galaxy S III and Meizu MX 4-core
http://www.gsmarena.com/quad_core_shootout-review-790.php
Mediar's Site
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-07-28 22:00
blah blah blah...

so much arguing. there should be a "sony mobile opinion/editorial" thread. this is rumors!! if you don't like sony anymore, then just don't post. obviously you aren't interested in the rumors.

please no more off topic in this thread!!
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
dothan
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2012-07-28 23:43

On 2012-07-28 20:28:41, mediar wrote:

On 2012-07-28 20:10:06, -XYZ wrote:

But then again - they can use ST-Ericsson NovaThor processors more widely, or Nvidia Tegra or TI OMAP processors. Snapdragon are not the only one out there.
[ This Message was edited by: mediar on 2012-07-28 19:32 ]

Normal development cycle for mobile phone is between 12 and 18 months. Months, not days or weeks. So if you decide witch platform to use you cannot change it overnight even if you wish so.

Also is quite more easy to work with couple of platforms (3-4) otherwise you have to have too many resources and this is something that Sony Mobile cannot afford right now (SW updates) - (they have 6 platforms right now). Not to mention that there is nothing pure Sony in Sony Mobile, except some managers. Teams are the same, R&D is the same, software teams are the same and the phones are the same all coming from the SE past. We can see some real Sony phones earliest at Q1'13.

And if we come back to rumors I cannot say that double Krait (MSM8960) is something old or not competitive enough, even if compared to SGS3.
And last but not least if I have to choose not Sony phone and will go for HTC One X not for SGS3.
[ This Message was edited by: dothan on 2012-07-28 22:47 ]
X10/X2
Indiandawg
Apple iPhone
PM
Posted: 2012-07-28 23:54
I'm not a fan of any company or product. I buy what I like. Keep it simple.

I would really not buy Samsung or iPhone because their UI and Phone Design sucks. These days, features are all the same besides Camera quality in all the smartphones. But I have always loved Sony's designs.

Talk about what you like, there is no point discussing what you don't like. If you don't like, you simply buy what you like and move on.

And this is getting off topic so I would request everyone, let's talk about some rumours and mean smartphones coming our way. August end is going to be really exciting cause we finally going to get GX international and I'm very excited about the S4 chip. I am lured with Xperia S looks but I'm also lured with the S4 chip in GX, so let the August end come and see what we got, till then let the rumours kick in.

And what fireworks are we waiting for? It's about now. Xperia S is a beautiful phone just like Arc S. they both are so different and yet look so beautiful.

T200 -> T68i -> T610 -> K700i -> P910i -> W800i -> P990i -> M600i -> P1-> Nokia E71 -> X1i -> X10 -> Arc S -> Sony Z1 -> Sony Z Ultra -> Sony Z3+ -> iPhone 6 -> iPhone 7 Plus -> iPhone X -> iPhone XS Max
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 213214215 ... 318319320  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic