Previous  123 ... 212213214 ... 318319320  Next
Author Sony Xperia Rumours 2012
mediar
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-07-28 13:00
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2012-07-28 11:19:23, randomuser wrote:
You speak as if Sony is the only brand that doesn't provide updates and all others provide updates to their customers. Sony is in fact the better of the lot. There are more powerful phones than Arc S from Samsung and other manufacturers that are stuck on GB. So don't just blame Sony.

Absolutely wrong! Well, HTC provided ICS for more than 2/3 of its 2011 portfolio, or 15 phones - more than the entire 2011 Xperia line, and that ICS update was just as good and polished as the original GB firmware. Yes, some new bugs were introduced with the update, but most of them got fixed. Samsung, LG and Motorola released ICS update only for their high- and mid-range phones, but then again, that ICS update was just as good, or even better than the original GB firmware. The situation with Sony is different - they tried to fulfill their promise that every single 2011 Xperia device will get ICS, but they failed like.no.other, because their ICS was the slowest, buggiest, laggiest and ugliest the world has ever seen! And it got even worse with the minor updates afterwards. What's the point of releasing an ICS update no one wants to use? I deny to confess that Sony fulfilled its promise and unless Sony releases a proper ICS or JB for 2011 Xperias, I take all their words and promises as lies. To me, not a single 2011 Xperia got ICS update. So Sony is not the better of the lot, it's the worst!

Then again - Sony Mobile sold 8 million 2011 Xperias on Q1 2012. And what? These 8 million new Xperia users won't get proper ICS update, which makes the situation even worse! Think about it!

@worf1000 - I'm using SE phones non-stop since 2003 ( T630>>W910>>Xperia Pro ) so your post doesn't make any sense. But I'm not surprised - you're Sony fanboy and you can't accept any other reality except the one you live in...
[ This Message was edited by: mediar on 2012-07-28 12:13 ]
The best mobile phone brand died with Sony Ericsson's death. Shame on you Sony for killing it! And, of course, for ruining the Xperia brand...
Mediar's Site
iamstevie
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2012-07-28 13:34
http://www.xperiablog.net/201[....]ria-with-a-keyboard/#more-8604

FML

mediar
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-07-28 13:38

On 2012-07-28 13:34:16, iamstevie wrote:
http://www.xperiablog.net/201[....]ria-with-a-keyboard/#more-8604

FML

Don't worry - http://www.androidcentral.com/motorola-photon-q-image-gallery . Unlike Sony, Motorola knows what the customers want. And despite the fact it lacks hardware buttons, it still look better than the current 2012 Xperias. Compare that with that brick Mint or Lt29 and you'll see the difference.
[ This Message was edited by: mediar on 2012-07-28 12:43 ]
The best mobile phone brand died with Sony Ericsson's death. Shame on you Sony for killing it! And, of course, for ruining the Xperia brand...
Mediar's Site
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2012-07-28 13:40

On 2012-07-28 12:31:17, randomuser wrote:
^
Bad ????

In Q1 2012 with not a SINGLE new device Sony Mobile sold 8 million handsets. That number was the highest in over a year. I don't see how that is bad with just the 2011 line up. Q2 will have the strong numbers from S, P, U and Sola so the numbers will no doubt be good.

And "half baked ICS upgrade? Well you should say the same for all Android OEMs not just Sony. The HTC and Samsung ICS upgrades were no better.

And you all crying over Arc S not getting Jellybean ? A 2011 device ? HTC declared it won't update the One V to JB which is a 2012 phone and at least in India currently costs more than any other 2011 device.
[ This Message was edited by: randomuser on 2012-07-28 11:33 ]

Isn't 8 million shipped phones rather than sold? Also, you keep forgetting that that one Xperia S phone was helped by the SE portfolio. Like I wrote on my previous post, let's see what the next financial report looks like.

As for the half-baked upgrade, have you seen posts about how bad the SE phones have become after ICS upgrade? They were better off with Gingerbread.
It's not what you do or even how you do it but in what state of mind you do it: Dups! 2009
worf1000
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-07-28 13:52

On 2012-07-28 11:47:36, Dups! wrote:
@worf1000

You really need to respect other members here. mediar has been using SE phones for a while and he does have a right to feel the frustration he feels when he looks at what other manufacturers are offering. Maybe he is going overboard venting his frustration but that doesn't give you the right to call him names. As for the S3 quad-core being crap, you are very wrong. The Xperia S has an okay processor but definitely not even better than the old dual-core of the Galaxy S2.

First of, learn to read my post.
Second, he only complain without any arguments Sony this Sony that.
Third, i don't believe for a second that he has Sonyericsson phones otherwise he didn't said that and know how Sony works.
Four, Quad core is useless in Android OS and i never said it is crap don't put your words in my mouth please.
Five, he is ignorant Sammie fanboy, you can obliviously read that.
Six, in real life the Xperia S is almost fast as the SGS3 and some programs is the Xperia faster. That's why i said that Quad core is USELESS!!! until it will supported. and people like mediar can only brag about Sony bla and bla.

Take it easy man
mediar
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-07-28 13:56

On 2012-07-28 13:52:33, worf1000 wrote:
Third, i don't believe for a second that he has Sonyericsson phones otherwise he didn't said that and know how Sony works.
Four, Quad core is useless in Android OS and i never said it is crap don't put your words in my mouth please.
Six, in real life the Xperia S is almost fast as the SGS3 and some programs is the Xperia faster. That's why i said that Quad core is USELESS!!! until it will supported. and people like mediar can only brag about Sony bla and bla.

Take it easy man

And last but not least - you're one of the mentally retarded stupid fans out there, so I don't really care what you say and think and I'm not gonna read your sh*ts!
Mediar's Site
se-fan
Vivaz Silver
PM
Posted: 2012-07-28 14:17
Hey guys!

Wasn't this forum supposed to discuss rumors about coming phones?
Creat another forum where you can throw garbage on each other.

[ This Message was edited by: se-fan on 2012-07-28 13:19 ]
if you cant choose what phone you should buy, buy an Sonyericsson
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2012-07-28 14:25

On 2012-07-28 10:46:52, worf1000 wrote:

On 2012-07-28 09:34:28, mediar wrote:

Third, SGS3 cost here 600,- and the only thing what people brag about it is the stupid useless quad core while the rest is no match the Xperia S a phone for 400,...

It wasn't my intention to start an English class, but because you wrote that I misread your post I thought I should respond.

Crap among others means worthless, useless, or lacking in ability. You added stupid in front of useless which also means irritatingly silly or time-wasting.

In terms of your description of the quad-core processor I'd say crap is what you meant.
[ This Message was edited by: Dups! on 2012-07-28 13:29 ]
It's not what you do or even how you do it but in what state of mind you do it: Dups! 2009
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2012-07-28 15:30
@mediar

Why don't you sell your Neo and buy a HTC phone and spare us from your ridiculous rants here. Nobody would have argued if what you had said was true. All you do is make silly complaints against Sony and bash the company for no reason and act as if the 2012 range was developed by Sony in Japan.
I've got news for ya !!! - Sony Mobile is still pretty much the same Sony Ericsson !. Don't try to pretend as if you were asleep for the past 1 year and in the meanwhile Sony Ericsson is completely dead and SONY is making handsets and taking all decisions related to software updates.

And do you even care to learn how to install ICS properly, all those people who complain about ICS update making their phones slow didn't install it the right way and blame Sony. I suggest you go read about how great HTC and Samsung ICS updates were. Oh wait! Don't do that. Sorry my bad HTC and Samsung ICS 4.0.3 update is much much better than Sony ICS 4.0.4 update.
mediar
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-07-28 15:56

On 2012-07-28 15:30:34, randomuser wrote:
@mediar

Why don't you sell your Neo and buy a HTC phone and spare us from your ridiculous rants here. Nobody would have argued if what you had said was true. All you do is make silly complaints against Sony and bash the company for no reason and act as if the 2012 range was developed by Sony in Japan.
I've got news for ya !!! - Sony Mobile is still pretty much the same Sony Ericsson !. Don't try to pretend as if you were asleep for the past 1 year and in the meanwhile Sony Ericsson is completely dead and SONY is making handsets and taking all decisions related to software updates.

And do you even care to learn how to install ICS properly, all those people who complain about ICS update making their phones slow didn't install it the right way and blame Sony. I suggest you go read about how great HTC and Samsung ICS updates were. Oh wait! Don't do that. Sorry my bad HTC and Samsung ICS 4.0.3 update is much much better than Sony ICS 4.0.4 update.

No, it's not the same Sony that developed the 2011 Xperia range. The crew may be the same, but the management and the chiefs have changed and now they take different decisions in different direction. I can make an analogy with Microsoft and Windows - Microsoft is Microsoft and Windows is Windows. But after the release of Windows 7 the management and CEO changed and now we have Windows 8 with Metro.

And yes, HTC's, Samsung's, Motorola's and LG's ICS updates are far better, I already checked that. But I couldn't find not a single forum thread about them with so many people reporting so many problems like this one in Sony's official forum - http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/35431?start=0&tstart=0 . I'm sure they all have installed the update the wrong way...
[ This Message was edited by: mediar on 2012-07-28 15:04 ]
Mediar's Site
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2012-07-28 16:14

On 2012-07-28 15:56:09, mediar wrote:

@mediar

No, it's not the same Sony that developed the 2011 Xperia range. The crew may be the same, but the management and the chiefs have changed and now they take different decisions in different direction. I can make an analogy with Microsoft and Windows - Microsoft is Microsoft and Windows is Windows. But after the release of Windows 7 the management and CEO changed and now we have Windows 8 with Metro.

And yes, HTC's, Samsung's, Motorola's and LG's ICS updates are far better, I already checked that. But I couldn't find not a single forum thread about them with so many people reporting so many problems like this one in Sony's official forum - http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/35431?start=0&tstart=0 . I'm sure they all have installed the update the wrong way...
[ This Message was edited by: mediar on 2012-07-28 15:04 ]

Sure.... If you say so !!
motvikt
T68i
PM
Posted: 2012-07-28 17:09

@mediar

If you followed Rickard Skogberg on the product blog in the past and all the developer info out there you soon realize that all the openness comes from the Ericsson side. Sony hates openness, just look at all the shit they have done in the past with ps3 and DRM etc. Just as mediar said, when Sony took over bringing out updates wasn't their top priority any more. I read that they really had to fight the top executives in Sony to bring the gingerbread update to x10 for example
worf1000
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-07-28 17:09

On 2012-07-28 13:56:58, mediar wrote:

On 2012-07-28 13:52:33, worf1000 wrote:

Take it easy man

And last but not least - you're one of the mentally retarded stupid fans out there, so I don't really care what you say and think and I'm not gonna read your sh*ts!

Thanks Sammy boy......................i have you and you don't like it silly retard Sammy boy.
What is your arguments , when are going to give that?
worf1000
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-07-28 17:13

On 2012-07-28 17:09:31, motvikt wrote:

@mediar

If you followed Rickard Skogberg on the product blog in the past and all the developer info out there you soon realize that all the openness comes from the Ericsson side. Sony hates openness, just look at all the shit they have done in the past with ps3 and DRM etc. Just as mediar said, when Sony took over bringing out updates wasn't their top priority any more. I read that they really had to fight the top executives in Sony to bring the gingerbread update to x10 for example

That's not what he mention.
Second, the most designs com from Sony itself not Ericsson.

What the hell is wrong with the PS3 and DRM? Look at Microsoft boy what they did, no one is open like Sony you just ranting nothing more. Sony has the right to protect their games, don't be ignorant and what a lousy argument you have.
king-james
Sony Xperia Z Ultra
PM
Posted: 2012-07-28 17:43
The problem is, many many SE/SONY fans are dissapointed, too big dissapointed like me...

I am since little kid big sony fan and in my heart still SONY beating, but the pain is too big to stay with sony...

I bought almost every SE/Sony mobile device and many more than two times...

But this year SONY chosed the wrong strategy! It began at CES when they said that the Xperia S comes global and Ion not... Sony should bring the XS before Christmas 2011 to the market, but they slept too long and let the better device (ion) come later to market (still not available in europe) which is a better competitor to the HTC One X and Samsung S3... but still Ion would loose against this better phones... After Sony presented us five em let me collect: XS, Ion, Acro, Hayabusa, Mint, XSS, Acro S, and Ion global with LTE and w/o... so you can see Sony announced almost 5-10 phones but all very very similar, and no one has a chance vs. the Galaxy S3 or the HTC One X... Sony is no longer in position to build a elegant hightech device with super material and latest specs! We see only plastic, why sony can not present 2 super highend phones for a year instead many many needless "highends"... I can't see anymore the website of them, it's just sad. Samsung don't need to set on metal or glas materials... they put best techs in phone and dont forget, they have millions fans who buy their phones, sony has lost almost all... sony need something big to get a comeback. it is not enough, that on the phone stays SONY. Sony can forget this year, they must go forward next year with better strategy. For me still nothing changed... it's like SE, or even worse... I say it alltime, sony need only 1 super phone with super materials, elegant design, and two times better specs than competitor and it will sell millions.... it doesn't matter for which price, it can be $1000 Dollars or more. But for me SONY don't understand it...

I hope next year will be a big difference... If you ask me what phone I use > my wonderful "old" Arc (S)!!! But I don't wait for hayabusa, mint or the ion. I am waiting for the Note II. I had the S3 and it is 10x better than the XS.

Rest in Peace.

[ This Message was edited by: king-james on 2012-07-28 16:55 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 212213214 ... 318319320  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic