Forum > General discussions > Rumours > Sony Xperia Rumours 2012

Previous  123 ... 197198199 ... 318319320  Next
Author Sony Xperia Rumours 2012
mediar
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-07-14 17:08
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Well, Samsung is better in terms of hardware and software, but they fail at the UI and design part, because they steal everything from Apple. Same applies to LG. That's the main reason I've never really liked these two brands. Sony, on the other hand, tries to be innovative, and it fails grandly, because all of their new phones look like plastic black bricks. I can even build a wall or a house with them. This is where Ericsson saved them in the previous years - nothing can compare to the swedish design. But without them, Sony's design will never be even close to what it used to be. And you can already see that clearly. In my opinion HTC is the only brand with some kind of original and distinctive design of its products.

I'm sure that at the time the current Sony smartphones have been designed, SE team had already been notified about Sony's intentions and they had to change the design of the future phones to a bit more japanese/sony one, so they fit the new brand. And that has happened months before the public announcement of the acquisition. Same goes to the UI of the NXT series. So I can't agree it's pure Sony Ericsson design.

What about the Xperia Play? Why did they put shitty hardware inside? Because it would compete the Sony PS Vita otherwise.

I remember in 2006 when Sony stated that Sony Ericsson will move closer to Sony's core and it'll smoothly integrate in Sony's ecosystem. we can see the results nowadays.
[ This Message was edited by: mediar on 2012-07-14 16:12 ]
The best mobile phone brand died with Sony Ericsson's death. Shame on you Sony for killing it! And, of course, for ruining the Xperia brand...
Mediar's Site
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2012-07-14 17:14
^
Sorry to burst your bubble but designs since the past 2-3 years have been all Sony. Sony designers(yes SONY electronics designers not Sony Ericsson) were behind the X10, Arc, Ray, Neo,Satio you name it. The same team that designed the Vaio Z, Monolithic Bravia and other Sony gadgets. Which is why design = Sony design. There was no Ericsson design input since a long time.

Unknown13x said this when asked about the possible design theme change after Sony takeover.
[ This Message was edited by: randomuser on 2012-07-14 16:27 ]
titus1
C901 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-07-14 17:18

On 2012-07-13 17:36:19, Shino03 wrote:

On 2012-07-12 13:26:54, titus1 wrote:
Sony perhaps doesn't even know what kind of devices we have in the market right now. It always felt they were 2 years behind of the competition.

Well, that's only true for their high-ends not for their whole portfolio. Sony's 2012 line-up has filled the gap lg and htc had mistakenly taken for granted. I see their marketshare increasing this quarter since Lg has lost the ground in the mid-end segment while htc is stocked offering outdated processors on their non-high-end phones.
[ This Message was edited by: Shino03 on 2012-07-13 16:39 ]

But the gauge right now is what kind of flagship each maker will be throwing in the market right now. Competition is so fierce, they'll eat dust. Another problem of Sony is their pricing...ION will be availble in my place this month, US$25 more you can already get yourself a SGS3. The ION is kinda expensive for last year's tech
motvikt
T68i
PM
Posted: 2012-07-14 18:46

On 2012-07-14 17:14:39, randomuser wrote:
^
Sorry to burst your bubble but designs since the past 2-3 years have been all Sony. Sony designers(yes SONY electronics designers not Sony Ericsson) were behind the X10, Arc, Ray, Neo,Satio you name it. The same team that designed the Vaio Z, Monolithic Bravia and other Sony gadgets. Which is why design = Sony design. There was no Ericsson design input since a long time.

Unknown13x said this when asked about the possible design theme change after Sony takeover.

Dunno if unknown13x is a good source when it comes to stuff like that. He seems to have been pretty low down in the hierarchy when he was working for S(E). Lund in Sweden has a big design center with a lot of Japanese designers working there also, why would S(E) ignore them?
worf1000
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-07-14 20:14

On 2012-07-14 17:08:20, mediar wrote:
Well, Samsung is better in terms of hardware and software, but they fail at the UI and design part, because they steal everything from Apple. Same applies to LG. That's the main reason I've never really liked these two brands. Sony, on the other hand, tries to be innovative, and it fails grandly, because all of their new phones look like plastic black bricks. I can even build a wall or a house with them. This is where Ericsson saved them in the previous years - nothing can compare to the swedish design. But without them, Sony's design will never be even close to what it used to be. And you can already see that clearly. In my opinion HTC is the only brand with some kind of original and distinctive design of its products.

I'm sure that at the time the current Sony smartphones have been designed, SE team had already been notified about Sony's intentions and they had to change the design of the future phones to a bit more japanese/sony one, so they fit the new brand. And that has happened months before the public announcement of the acquisition. Same goes to the UI of the NXT series. So I can't agree it's pure Sony Ericsson design.

What about the Xperia Play? Why did they put shitty hardware inside? Because it would compete the Sony PS Vita otherwise.

I remember in 2006 when Sony stated that Sony Ericsson will move closer to Sony's core and it'll smoothly integrate in Sony's ecosystem. we can see the results nowadays.
[ This Message was edited by: mediar on 2012-07-14 16:12 ]

Dude, Samsung has the advance because they get GOVERNMENT financial support!!!!
Second, the screen from the PSV is technology from Sony (The how know) Samsung only produce it and use the technology from Sony what they have agreement, that's always so.

Sony don't have mass produce factories what Samsung has (thanks to the Korean Government support)
The most phone stores get a bonus from Samsung if the sell a Samsung device like Media Mark is the biggest Samsung supporter because they get some money of them, those are facts, the Amoled screens and quadcore are the most over hyped ad tactics that people will fall in it.

SonyEricsson is not from Sony, you really must stop with those lies that Sony has more influence because that's not true it's a also part from Ericsson. Sony give their limit technology and design team to SonyEricsson.

The deal was also that Sony buy Ericsson out at the end of this year not couple month back it's now chance, we will see next year 100% Sony product that's for sure.

But if yoyu think that HTC or Samsung miles ahead than Sony does, you really mistaken, becouse Quad core CPU is not 100% useful in Android OS. Second no single user will notice the difference is see it by my self.

Sony does not run in the hype for Quad core CPU like Sammy or HTC does.
[ This Message was edited by: worf1000 on 2012-07-14 19:16 ]
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2012-07-15 01:45
I am loving the new Sony designs they look nicer and original compared to the competition. As for previous updates tje old X10 went from 1.6 to 2.3 which was not bad. I love Sony's UI and quality compared to the Ericsson days for me things are better now. And I don't care for the need for quad core.
Phone?? What phone??
worf1000
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-07-15 03:49

On 2012-07-14 22:44:04, aurelius wrote:

^

As I've said many times before; 2 of my best friends work at Sony Mobile in Lund, 1 in the R&D department and 1 in SW. They've been there since 2006. The design development is a joint venture and has been for many years. There's NOT one single department taking the design decisions, it goes back and forth between the departments in Lund, Tokyo and Beijing . They are still working the same way they did 5 yrs ago. I'm pretty sure we will see a movement to Tokyo and their influence will grow stronger the coming years but still, the guys in Lund are as much Sony employees as the guys over in Tokyo.

Sorry to burst YOUR bubble......

Edit: Stated UK, was supposed to be Beijing.
[ This Message was edited by: aurelius on 2012-07-14 21:51 ]

Those are SonyEricsson employee not from Sony, when Sony offical take over SonyEricsson than you can call Sony Employee. Second, this year they is all still SonyEricsson influence, there is also some Sony influence after thy take over Ericsson part.

SonyEricsson is not owned company from Sony, it's a company who called SonyEricsson and not Sony or Ericsson.

Also sorry to burst YOUR bubble.
worf1000
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-07-15 03:52

On 2012-07-15 01:45:00, Bonovox wrote:
I am loving the new Sony designs they look nicer and original compared to the competition. As for previous updates tje old X10 went from 1.6 to 2.3 which was not bad. I love Sony's UI and quality compared to the Ericsson days for me things are better now. And I don't care for the need for quad core.

Quad core CPU is just a hype from Samsung, that's all about the ads what you can see Galaxy S3 it has Quad core CPU.
No need for Quad core at the moment and Sony know that.

And the Sony UI is just amazing!!!!
[ This Message was edited by: worf1000 on 2012-07-15 02:54 ]
rontysee
Sony Xperia P
PM
Posted: 2012-07-15 05:57

On 2012-07-15 03:52:48, worf1000 wrote:

Quad core CPU is just a hype from Samsung, that's all about the ads what you can see Galaxy S3 it has Quad core CPU.

[ This Message was edited by: worf1000 on 2012-07-15 02:54 ]

I totally agree...
I've an Xperia P and all I can say is that I'm so damn happy with my purchase...
Like most of you, I also used to judge a phone by its benchmark performance and so when I saw that Xperia P scores only around 29-30FPS in Nenamark 2, I made an assumption that the phone won't be that smooth and the gaming performance wouldn't be great...
But I was so wrong...This phone never stops amazing me...
The UI is very smooth and runs without any jerks or lags...Its not buttery smooth sometimes but you can't blame its hardware for that as its still running Gingerbread which only uses 1 processor...ICS and Jellybeans update will take care of that...
This phone looks so good...Its easily the best looking phone I've ever held in my hand and I've used the Xperia Arc before this phone...
The metal body, the transparent strip and the excellent screen make this phone such a pleasure to look at...
And the UI is simply stunning...Everytime I use my phone, I've a smile on my face...Sony's 2012 UI is way better than anything on the market...according to me...
And the gaming performance is very very very good...I've played GTA 3, ShadowGun, N.O.V.A. 3, Real Racing 2, MC3, Virtua Tennis and many more and have not encountered any lags or slowdowns...
You can check out my Youtube Channel if you don't believe me...
http://www.youtube.com/rontechgames
All I wanna say is that there is more to a phone than its CPU and GPU...Yes, they are very important but we have reached a stage where you can't justify the need for extra power...My phone already plays all the 1080p videos I have without conversion or compression...It plays all the games...It has a great camera, great screen with great viewing angles, there is ample storage for apps, it has a reasonable battery life...1GB RAM ensures that my home screen never closes when I play a big game or surf the net...What else can one ask for?
[ This Message was edited by: rontysee on 2012-07-15 05:03 ]
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2012-07-15 06:37

On 2012-07-14 22:44:04, aurelius wrote:

^

As I've said many times before; 2 of my best friends work at Sony Mobile in Lund, 1 in the R&D department and 1 in SW. They've been there since 2006. The design development is a joint venture and has been for many years. There's NOT one single department taking the design decisions, it goes back and forth between the departments in Lund, Tokyo and Beijing . They are still working the same way they did 5 yrs ago. I'm pretty sure we will see a movement to Tokyo and their influence will grow stronger the coming years but still, the guys in Lund are as much Sony employees as the guys over in Tokyo.

Sorry to burst YOUR bubble......

Edit: Stated UK, was supposed to be Beijing.
[ This Message was edited by: aurelius on 2012-07-14 21:51 ]

You know I don't mean to offend you, but this time I don't really care if you have 2 or 2000 friends at Lund office. The chief designer of many recent Sony/Sony Ericsson phones is a Sony employee that designed Vaio Z, Monolithic Bravia and many other Sony products. Go read GSMArena interview of a top Sony Mobile executive, he too mentioned this. I'd rather believe his words.
And also I didn't say the guy designed SE phones in Tokyo, for all Sony Ericsson projects he came down to Lund and all the work was done there in Lund. But the fact remains, there was negligible Ericsson design input since a few years now. SE design has been SONY design.
mediar
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-07-15 09:16
Ok, I don't really care who's responsible for the design of the old SE phones, but it's fact that the current xperias look like shit. When the phone is off and you look at it, it's just one clear black plastic glossy rectangle. No curves, no lines, no buttons, nothing! And you call that distinctive design? Sure it is, no other popular brand well ever want to create such bricks! When you see it, is there anything you can remember about it, or it's just "that blacky square thingy with nothing remarkable"? Look at the HTC One series, or Samsung Galaxy S3, or even iPhone! You can always distinguish them. While Sony ion, for example, looks like cheap chinese crap, even Miui phone looks better. Not to mention I find it really hard to distinguish LG and sony phones right now, for example Ion and Prada 3.0! Keep in mind that Prada 3.0 is older. Ion is clear rip-off ( it's not hard to duplicate this kind of design, or lack of it, it takes no more than few days ). Not that I like LG. Acrually I don't, for the exact same reason. But they were first. Same applies to the Acro HD and the rest of the japanese phones. They're just plain ugly. What about the Xperia S? The same brick, but with a transparent strip at the bottom! And you call it "mind-blowing great design"! Dafuq?! Look at the Xperia Pro and its curvy lines, the shiny bittons in that (-like form, the shiny frame at all sides just adds more style, all these bends... it's just magnificent. Every time I look at it, even after 6 months, it's beauty makes me smile. I find something new I still haven't seen before. When I take it out in public, it just fixes people's eyes on it. It's not like the current Xperias, which get boring after the first hour. Whenever you look at it, it's just black brick.

Especially now, when most of the new phones are just black bricks, people have already gotten tired of that lack of any original design, that's why my Xperia Pro immidiatelly attracts pleople's attention, because it's different, it's not mainstream, and its appearance is really remarkable. You'll never mistake it for other phone from other brand. Does this apply to the new Xperias? No.
[ This Message was edited by: mediar on 2012-07-15 08:24 ]
The best mobile phone brand died with Sony Ericsson's death. Shame on you Sony for killing it! And, of course, for ruining the Xperia brand...
Mediar's Site
worf1000
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-07-15 09:38

On 2012-07-15 09:16:24, mediar wrote:
But they were first. Same applies to the Acro HD and the rest of the japanese phones. They're just plain ugly. What about the Xperia S? The same brick, but with a transparent strip at the bottom! And you call it "mind-blowing great design"! Dafuq?! Look at the Xperia Pro and its curvy lines, the shiny bittons in that (-like form, the shiny frame at all sides just adds more style, all these bends... it's just magnificent. Every time I look at it, even after 6 months, it's beauty makes me smile. I find something new I still haven't seen before. When I take it out in public, it just fixes people's eyes on it. It's not like the current Xperias, which get boring after the first hour. Whenever you look at it, it's just black brick.

Especially now, when most of the new phones are just black bricks, people have already gotten tired of that lack of any original design, that's why my Xperia Pro immidiatelly attracts pleople's attention, because it's different, it's not mainstream, and its appearance is really remarkable. You'll never mistake it for other phone from other brand. Does this apply to the new Xperias? No.
[ This Message was edited by: mediar on 2012-07-15 08:24 ]

Ok, I don't really care who's responsible for the design of the old SE phones, but it's fact that the current xperias look like shit. When the phone is off and you look at it, it's just one clear black plastic glossy rectangle. No curves, no lines, no buttons, nothing! And you call that distinctive design?

Why are you so selective? Look al those Sammy models, the copied from Apple, what about that?
Have seen the design from SGS3, why not complain about that and why always picking Sony?

The current Xperia models are way better than those copycat from Samsung or Iphone models.

Sure it is, no other popular brand well ever want to create such bricks! When you see it, is there anything you can remember about it, or it's just "that blacky square thingy with nothing remarkable"? Look at the HTC One series, or Samsung Galaxy S3, or even iPhone! You can always distinguish them. While Sony ion, for example, looks like cheap chinese crap, even Miui phone looks better. Not to mention I find it really hard to distinguish LG and sony phones right now, for example Ion and Prada 3.0! Keep in mind that Prada 3.0 is older. Ion is clear rip-off ( it's not hard to duplicate this kind of design, or lack of it, it takes no more than few days ). Not that I like LG. Acrually I don't, for the exact same reason.

HTC look always the same shit, Samsung thanks their succes by Apply design ripoff.
You like HTC or Samsung, because you are SELECTIVE PERSON!!!!!! Complaining about Sony design while Samsung and HTC are the worst and you do not attack them because they have a qua core CPU that's why you are very selective. That's why you don't have the nerve that Samsung is a Sick company.

So play with you beloved Samsung or HTC boring models with Quad core CPU and be happy with it.
worf1000
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-07-15 09:45

On 2012-07-15 05:57:36, rontysee wrote:

On 2012-07-15 03:52:48, worf1000 wrote:

I totally agree...
I've an Xperia P and all I can say is that I'm so damn happy with my purchase...
Like most of you, I also used to judge a phone by its benchmark performance and so when I saw that Xperia P scores only around 29-30FPS in Nenamark 2, I made an assumption that the phone won't be that smooth and the gaming performance wouldn't be great...
But I was so wrong...This phone never stops amazing me...
The UI is very smooth and runs without any jerks or lags...Its not buttery smooth sometimes but you can't blame its hardware for that as its still running Gingerbread which only uses 1 processor...ICS and Jellybeans update will take care of that...
This phone looks so good...Its easily the best looking phone I've ever held in my hand and I've used the Xperia Arc before this phone...
The metal body, the transparent strip and the excellent screen make this phone such a pleasure to look at...
And the UI is simply stunning...Everytime I use my phone, I've a smile on my face...Sony's 2012 UI is way better than anything on the market...according to me...
And the gaming performance is very very very good...I've played GTA 3, ShadowGun, N.O.V.A. 3, Real Racing 2, MC3, Virtua Tennis and many more and have not encountered any lags or slowdowns...
You can check out my Youtube Channel if you don't believe me...
http://www.youtube.com/rontechgames
All I wanna say is that there is more to a phone than its CPU and GPU...Yes, they are very important but we have reached a stage where you can't justify the need for extra power...My phone already plays all the 1080p videos I have without conversion or compression...It plays all the games...It has a great camera, great screen with great viewing angles, there is ample storage for apps, it has a reasonable battery life...1GB RAM ensures that my home screen never closes when I play a big game or surf the net...What else can one ask for?
[ This Message was edited by: rontysee on 2012-07-15 05:03 ]

I agree, many people look only to CPU or GPU instead the screen/camera or UI.

I have have a SGS3 and Xperia S and the Xperia S has far more better display/Camera/UI/sound output/design or performance.

The only advance from the SGS3 is the quad core cpu nothing else, no complain about the 8 mega pixel cam/less quality screen/less quality sound output/boring ui and boring design.

The peformance between Xperia S and SGS3 is that Xperia S has more better performance than the SGS3, because the SGS3 show some weakness in performance.

That's why i get sick people like mediar always selective person.
[ This Message was edited by: worf1000 on 2012-07-15 08:47 ]
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-07-15 09:47
I think the Arc always attracts attention also. Even now, 15 months since it's original release, I get comments on how nice my Arc is (and I live in an iPhone dominated part of the world).

The Xperia S also gets attention for it's flashy bar thing, although not as much. But Arc was a tough act to follow.

I think it's great that we're getting "Arc style" design back in the next big hitting handsets. It gives me a reason to upgrade.

Sony (and, for Ericsson's part, Ericsson) have done a good job in making their phones distinctive and I'm sure that will continue. What worries me, is the number of handsets and the timing of releases and announcements. It's confusing to everyone. Maybe they've tried to create a rumour culture akin to Apple's but they don't ave the slimline portfolio and the expectancy (in terms of timing) that they do so the result is confusion, even in this here hardcore fan rumours forum.
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2012-07-15 11:00
^
+1000.

The 2012 design is gorgeous IMO. Just because a few people think otherwise, doesn't make them ugly!!. Every single person who has seen my Xperia S praises the design. And compared to any other phone out there, its gorgeous and classy!!.

And personally I think it looks better than the Arc.

And aurelius, yes there is gonna be big changes. Why ? Because Sony HAS to succeed in the mobile phone business. And Kaz Hirai has already taken a lot of major decisions towards achieving that. Why else would Sony decide to merge Sony Mobile into Sony consumer products/Sony electronics division if all this takeover means is faster decision making. Its much more than that. And you will see in the coming months the difference between Sony having 50% stake and Sony completely being in charge.
[ This Message was edited by: randomuser on 2012-07-15 10:04 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 197198199 ... 318319320  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic