Previous  123 ... 119120121 ... 318319320  Next
Author Sony Xperia Rumours 2012
aamwng
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2012-05-09 19:00
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2012-05-09 18:42:53, Ultimus wrote:
BTW, will any of these new (or still upcoming) phones have a microSD card slot? Or no expandable memory anymore at all from Sony? 8 / 16 GB is not enough for me, personally.

GX will have a microSD slot, this is not a rumour, confirmed by docomo
roanmy
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2012-05-09 19:31
I prefer the Jap version! =/
Currently NExus 4, but want Xperia ZR.
argiriano
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2012-05-09 19:49
After seeing GX I`m glad I decided to wait for Hayabusa... it will be one hell of a device and I just hope it will not be late to the market like most Sony phones this year.
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-05-09 20:01
i am really excited to see Mint's metal body and design. Hayabusa sounds really nice too, but I'd prefer to have LTE so I hope Mint looks sexy as hell
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
Karun
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-05-09 20:02
So basically, the Hayabusa ( GX as we saw today) is the Japanese version while Mint is the international version?

So technically both are one and the same device?
For all Sony Mobile news:
Sony Mobile Evangelist
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-05-09 20:19
From what I understand:

GX = Japanese version of Hayabusa (with LTE and other Japan only features and slightly different design)

Hayabusa = International version with NO LTE and slightly different design than the GX and obviously no japan only features

Mint = Same specs as Hayabusa but WITH LTE and METAL BODY. Could maybe have OLED screen?

Does anybody know if the "stacking" feature of the EXMOR is what makes it the 2nd generation? or is that simply a software feature?
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
motvikt
T68i
PM
Posted: 2012-05-09 20:31

On 2012-05-09 20:19:28, moogoo wrote:
From what I understand:

GX = Japanese version of Hayabusa (with LTE and other Japan only features and slightly different design)

Hayabusa = International version with NO LTE and slightly different design than the GX and obviously no japan only features

Mint = Same specs as Hayabusa but WITH LTE and METAL BODY. Could maybe have OLED screen?

Does anybody know if the "stacking" feature of the EXMOR is what makes it the 2nd generation? or is that simply a software feature?

But if rog said GX was Mint, I trust him rather than unknown13x
rss_ndrsn
Sony Xperia X Performance
PM
Posted: 2012-05-09 20:47
The Xperia GX is awesome. Generally speaking, it beats the competition. The design is the best I have seen this year and the features set, too. And, it has been quite sometime since Sony last announced a device that was ahead of the competition. I do have some dislikes about the device and what its international version may have.

First, I'm quite disappointed about the battery capacity that Xperia GX. The rumoured 1850 mAh for the international version, and 1700 mAh for Japan are not not quite enough for today's standard, especially for devices with humongous screens. A battery capacity of 2200 mAh and above would be definitely better!

Furthermore, the screen does not sport White Magic technology. It would have been nice to see WHite Magic on GX but the maximum screen size that Sony can make using this is only at 4" at the moment due to bigger screen having pixels too far apart. I just hope that the GX screen is better than XS's and Ion's. But I think the GX screen is identical to Ion's.

I also would have liked it better if the SoC that GX uses is the "S4 Pro" version instead of just the non-pro one. It is very known that the Pro version has better graphic performance than its earlier counterpart but will be shipped 2nd half of the year. Since GX will come in summer or later, why not opt for the S4 Pro? It will help the device remain as the top phone longer, and have lengthy span of software updates.

In terms of connectivity, I am wondering how Sony will be able to have Xperia GXi support all the LTE bands in the world. My suggestion is to include quad-band LTE modem with GX for the America and Europe. For example, the American version will have 700hz, 2100hz , 2600hz, 1800hz bands; and the European 2600hz, 1800hz, 900hz, 800hz bands. This is not impossible as ZTE just announced a table with quad-band LTE and triband HSPA+ combo.

Lastly, I wish the GX had come with extra softwares such as voice command and cloud storage. Although I am very pleased with the Walkman, Movie, and Album apps, still the voice command and cloud storage are trending at the moment.

I have really high hopes for the international version of Xperia GX and I have never been this excited to get a hands on a sony device. My biggest gripe about the phone is the battery. I just really hope Somy could have out a battery with bigger capacity. Based on GX design, I don't think bigger battery would compromise GX's slim body. It is a big phone to begin with! I am looking forward to the announcement of the Xperia GXi. Make some noise Sony as Xperia GX is the bomb!
[ This Message was edited by: rss_ndrsn on 2012-05-09 19:51 ]
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-05-09 22:22
the low battery capacity is a disappointment, but hopefully they will boost it for official release. I don't understand how moto can put a massive battery in their razzr but sony can't even break the 2000mah mark. I guess we'll see.

As for voice command and cloud storage, voice command is pretty much taken care of with apps on the Play Market. From what I've heard, they work just as well as a SIRI. I use speaktoit while I drive and it works quite well actually with a conversation mode and everything. As far as cloud service, doesn't everyone have a dropbox account or something similar by now? At least in america, everyone has a google drive account they can use.
moogoo
lolstebbo
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-05-09 23:52

On 2012-05-09 20:47:32, rss_ndrsn wrote:
First, I'm quite disappointed about the battery capacity that Xperia GX. The rumoured 1850 mAh for the international version, and 1700 mAh for Japan are not not quite enough for today's standard, especially for devices with humongous screens. A battery capacity of 2200 mAh and above would be definitely better!

HTC's One X, with its 1800mAh battery and in its LTE version (and therefore using an S4 SoC) does pretty damn well in battery tests. Sure, a larger battery is nicer to have, but I'm more than sure Sony provide good battery life even with just 1700mAh.
HxH
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2012-05-10 04:16
Back into business...

S4 Pro to ship in Q2 2012. it's mean (Sampling Availability) to test not mass product, it very very long distant before hit the production line, so please STOP day-dreaming about it until Q4 2012 or better Q1 2013 device would suitable.

All bands LTE support, again are you serious? not any company this world would to it today or at least in next few months. LTE handset is design to be specific product due to differentiation band support in each market, in this case GX and SX is target to JAPAN only. Look into the market, why leading mobile company have to release a lot model with almost identical same specs that it is "Design for specific market or carrier".

Even Apple's iPad the leading industry would sell 4G LTE support only US but product already shipped every corner of the world.
[ This Message was edited by: HxH on 2012-05-10 03:17 ]
SONY x Sexy x Sleek x Solid x Stunner x Stylish : Nozomi/Kagura with Love.
FMW300
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2012-05-10 05:34
All you want to know about ST21i Tapioca!!!
T230 > W300 > W890 > W705 > Live > Xperia T > Xperia Z2a > Xperia X > Xperia XZ2
rss_ndrsn
PM
Posted: 2012-05-10 06:25
@HxH

S4 Pro to ship in Q2 2012. it's mean (Sampling Availability) to test not mass product, it very very long distant before hit the production line, so please STOP day-dreaming about it until Q4 2012 or better Q1 2013 device would suitable.

"S4 Pro-powered devices will start shipping in the second half of 2012." (Written 02/27/2012 Link text...)Next time before you comment on posts here get your facts straight!

All bands LTE support, again are you serious? not any company this world would to it today or at least in next few months. LTE handset is design to be specific product due to differentiation band support in each market, in this case GX and SX is target to JAPAN only. Look into the market, why leading mobile company have to release a lot model with almost identical same specs that it is "Design for specific market or carrier".

Again, another comment which is purely speculative with no credible basis! ZTE V96 tablet was just announced last Tuesday, May 8, 2012 which has a Quad-band LTE (AWS, 850mhz, 1900mhz, 700mhz), Tri-band HSPA+, and Quad-band GSM! The modems were not as advanced as they are now so Quad-Band LTE is not that an impossible feature to have on a smartphone. Furthermore, it would be much wiser to release LTE phones with bands matching their regions rather than making plethora of smartphones with one or two LTE bands for a certain wireless carrier.

Even Apple's iPad the leading industry would sell 4G LTE support only US but product already shipped every corner of the world.

It actually has Tri-band LTE. So what's the problem of having quad-band LTE?
AkuKL
Xperia Mini Pro White
PM
Posted: 2012-05-10 06:38

On 2012-05-10 06:25:42, rss_ndrsn wrote:
S4 Pro-powered devices will start shipping in the second half of 2012." (Written 02/27/2012 Link text...)Next time before you comment on posts here get your facts straight!

I am not trying to defend anyone and I do not have any info about Sony with S4 Pro release date. But as for the time-frame, Q4 of 2012 in pretty much inside the 2nd half of 2012, don't you think.
rss_ndrsn
PM
Posted: 2012-05-10 06:51
^Yes, the S4 Pro-powered products could be announced as early as July, 2012 as there are about 120 products being developed with this SoC at the moment!. So he was quite far off about his time estimation, and he said that product sampling would start on 2nd half of 2012 which he got wrong again. The sampling has already been happening.

I really cannot be bothered by some members' misinterpretations and misreads. And it is not my purpose to argue over things that I would have loved to see in Xperia GXi. All I want just to share what I think about what the smartphone is lacking but I seemed to annoyed some members here.

Anyway, Xperia GX really caught me off guard. I really did not imagine it would look this elegant and stylish. Previous spy pics made me dislike it, but today I was blown away.
[ This Message was edited by: rss_ndrsn on 2012-05-10 06:15 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 119120121 ... 318319320  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic