Forum > General discussions > Rumours > Sony Xperia Rumours 2012

Previous  123 ... 112113114 ... 318319320  Next
Author Sony Xperia Rumours 2012
razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2012-05-05 03:46
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I just hope Sony stops using white magic (RGBW) displays on hayabusa as it's nowhere close to the color and contrast of Arc's display. I said before it is Sony's poor answer to Sharp's Quattron (RGBY) as adding white pixel only increases brightness at the expense of some contrast and saturation while Sharp's tech improves saturation especially with pictures with prominent yellow colors, reviews around the net already proved this point. and judging by the looks of the leaked Hayabusa images, it seems like Sony is adapting the design from TX200 camera, It would be awesome if it inherits the waterproof feature!

[ This Message was edited by: razec on 2012-05-05 02:46 ]
10 years at Esato
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2012-05-05 07:29
It will be great to see Sony designs on their mobiles at last but will Hayabusa not still be of the Sony Ericsson legacy? So it would have been in development since at least a year before the end of the joint venture.

So if mobile devices can spend over two years in development then, unless Sony has been working on there own designs, we might not see 'pure' Sony Mobile for another year at least.

June 19th seems like an age away right now but let's hope Hayabusa is worth the wait.
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2012-05-05 08:41

On 2012-05-05 07:29:17, goldenface wrote:
It will be great to see Sony designs on their mobiles at last but will Hayabusa not still be of the Sony Ericsson legacy? So it would have been in development since at least a year before the end of the joint venture.

So if mobile devices can spend over two years in development then, unless Sony has been working on there own designs, we might not see 'pure' Sony Mobile for another year at least.

June 19th seems like an age away right now but let's hope Hayabusa is worth the wait.

Well I know most people here won't like to believe but unknown13x himself mentioned that Sony Ericsson devices were always "Sony" designs. Sony and Sony Ericsson had a shared design team ( since long ) so all the Xperia devices were "Sony" designs and all the future devices will also be "Sony" designs. The design theme will remain the same as they were all "Sony" designs since quite some time.

And the Hayabusa won't be of the Sony Ericsson legacy, its apparently the first true "Sony smartphone". And also Sony made some design changes with the hayabusa to make it look even more "SONY"ish in terms of design and unify it with the rest of their product range.

And I am guessing Hayabusa development started only after Sony announced the takeover. Rog can throw some light on this.

Sony Ericsson didn't plan to have another flagship other than Xperia S this year. And there was supposed to be a flood of mid and low end devices with dual core CPUs. So I assume Sony changed the portfolio and decided to have 3 flagship phones this year and limited number of low end devices (and even those for specific markets only)

@Razec

I remember reading some Japanese rumors about the Docomo Hayabusa being waterproof. Not sure if the International version will be waterproof as well or not.
[ This Message was edited by: randomuser on 2012-05-05 07:47 ]
HxH
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2012-05-05 08:43
Pretty interesting article from Dev.Blog, get behind the scene with ST-Ericsson U8500

http://developer.sonymobile.c[....]rformance-with-novathor-u8500/
SONY x Sexy x Sleek x Solid x Stunner x Stylish : Nozomi/Kagura with Love.
motvikt
T68i
PM
Posted: 2012-05-05 11:16

On 2012-05-05 03:46:13, razec wrote:
I just hope Sony stops using white magic (RGBW) displays on hayabusa as it's nowhere close to the color and contrast of Arc's display. I said before it is Sony's poor answer to Sharp's Quattron (RGBY) as adding white pixel only increases brightness at the expense of some contrast and saturation while Sharp's tech improves saturation especially with pictures with prominent yellow colors, reviews around the net already proved this point. and judging by the looks of the leaked Hayabusa images, it seems like Sony is adapting the design from TX200 camera, It would be awesome if it inherits the waterproof feature!

*picture*
[ This Message was edited by: razec on 2012-05-05 02:46 ]

Where did you hear white magic was bad? God damn I had so high hopes for that technology
aamwng
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2012-05-05 12:20
This is from unknown13

"New devices won't have HDMI output anymore. Will use MHL like SS which merges all to within microUSB.

I know everyone thinks Mint is the thing to look to, but it's actually Hayabusa that's more appealing IMO. Both device uses different materials, though Mint uses an aluminum like body, to Hayabusa's plastic (similar to XS). I prefer Hayabusa's more due to it has a chromium outlining the sides and top of the device (Like the Arc/Arc S). I can say this though, in the front it looks like 100% Sony device. I can't explain how, but it blends perfectly with the Sony logo, and leaves me not being able to imagine it with SE logo at all...well, enough of the tease "

Oh and, the lt29i is not waterproof and even the japanese one.
motvikt
T68i
PM
Posted: 2012-05-05 14:34
Mint with metal *tears of joy*

Really hope it's true
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2012-05-05 16:23
I don't know anything about processors but from what people are saying, the NovaThor chips are supposed to be really powerful. The Xperia P/U uses it but the clock speed that is a bit slower, developers say its really good regardless. Also, many have told me that the HTC One S runs better than the One X and I don't know how but ignoring the benchmarks, the One S was faster in my hands than the One X. ICS to the NXT is needing optimisation, ICS on the Arc seems faster than on the Xperia S although it is lighter. I'm just wanting to know how the NovaThor will stand the test of time as its 1Ghz compared to the One S which is 1.5Ghz.

Just been looking at the latest devices and thinking whats next because we're at a point where there hasn't been much real innovation, everything is a bit more powerful than last year but that's it. Any ideas?
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-05-05 17:10
Idea (@badassmam):
A one touch solution for running Ubuntu on arm with some sort of wireless video transmission to my monitor (if I need to buy an adaptor to plug into a DVI or an HDMI slot then I can deal with that).

I want to come home, get my phone out of my pocket, touch a 'open PC' app and my TV/monitor turns into a linux ubuntu PC with my phone acting as a touchpad/keyboard.

When I go travelling I unplug the small adapter from the back of my tv/monitor and take it to my hotel I'm staying in and I have my hotel's TV as my PC. Files to be saved in the phone memory full desktop programs installed in the ubuntu installation. If I want I can bluetooth in a keyboard/mouse.

This is mostly possible with current tech but the solution requires me to shop long and hard for crappy workarounds and sub-standard optimisations. Sony could do all the hardwork for me, produce the TV adapter, optimise ubuntu, give me a huge storage space, fast CPU and a couple GB RAM and place the shortcut on my desktop (possibly a big red widget in the shape of a round button that says "Use as PC") out of the box.

Other accessories could include a "PC conversion kit" which is a charger/dock and wireless keyboard/mouse.
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
pauvincent
Sony Xperia V
PM
Posted: 2012-05-05 17:15

On 2012-05-05 16:23:48, badassmam wrote:
I don't know anything about processors but from what people are saying, the NovaThor chips are supposed to be really powerful. The Xperia P/U uses it but the clock speed that is a bit slower, developers say its really good regardless. Also, many have told me that the HTC One S runs better than the One X and I don't know how but ignoring the benchmarks, the One S was faster in my hands than the One X. ICS to the NXT is needing optimisation, ICS on the Arc seems faster than on the Xperia S although it is lighter. I'm just wanting to know how the NovaThor will stand the test of time as its 1Ghz compared to the One S which is 1.5Ghz.

Just been looking at the latest devices and thinking whats next because we're at a point where there hasn't been much real innovation, everything is a bit more powerful than last year but that's it. Any ideas?

Huh? XS runs on GB now? not ICS
Legen
W960
PM
Posted: 2012-05-05 20:38
Its kinda difficult to keep up with technology isn't it? But i think going for a quad core processor phone makes more sense. Bit more future proof. So which phone? HTC One X? Think thats what i'll get. Unless Sony show something amazing.
king-james
Sony Xperia Z Ultra
PM
Posted: 2012-05-06 03:31
Legen, Do it like me. I bought the One X for now, until SONY present Hayabusa...

pic by detox
[ This Message was edited by: king-james on 2012-05-06 02:32 ]
NightBlade
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2012-05-06 03:36

On 2012-05-06 03:31:40, king-james wrote:
Legen, Do it like me. I bought the One X for now, until SONY present Hayabusa...

pic by detox
[ This Message was edited by: king-james on 2012-05-06 02:32 ]

I'd like to see some phones that weren't designed for humans.
[ This Message was edited by: NightBlade on 2012-05-06 02:36 ]
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-05-06 03:46
Can't wait for these coming weeks. As it gets closer to the announcement, hopefully more leaks will happen. More pictures, more spec confirmations, more samples and maybe even video!

Really looking forward to it. I was hoping Hayabusa would have a metal body but plastic isn't so bad as long as it has a good build feeling to it. Come on Sony... it's your time to shine. Show us what you can really do.
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
HxH
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2012-05-06 07:58
I'm not hope any leak before official announcement at all what a moment spoiler
[ This Message was edited by: HxH on 2012-05-06 06:59 ]
SONY x Sexy x Sleek x Solid x Stunner x Stylish : Nozomi/Kagura with Love.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 112113114 ... 318319320  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic