Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > Anyone missed the "Dual Front" design?

Previous  12
Author Anyone missed the "Dual Front" design?
razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2012-01-03 07:58
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
@vlotnet

- K500 had one of the best VGA cameras at its time same with K700 which was the first mass market product to feature an LED flash, even the megapixel packed nokia 7610 couldn't match its colors, detail wise the 7610 camera is like an interpolated Nokia 6600's

@goldenface:

Casio exilim phones still put emphasis on Dual front design

http://www.au.kddi.com/englis[....]n/mobilephone/ca006/index.html

it may be 3mp less than S007's camera but the design can really turn some heads (I know i overused this term )

I think these are the two reasons why dual front design isn't that popular nowadays

1 - iPhone style is the trend (simple but elegant design) - sadly it rendered manufacturers to fire their best (and highly paid) designers and settle with those that can do the job at the very least This also appllies to Sony/ IMHO
2 - Phones are too tall/wide that giving it a digicam like back design would only make it look overgrown. think about the P990's design and we can notice that the phone's back may not be really resembling a digicam at all just as how W800/S700 do. I would go for a phone with a smaller screen (as long as its bearable), smaller dimensions and quality camera with a digicam look and feel than a phone with an oversized and pixel-dense display anytime
[ This Message was edited by: razec on 2012-01-03 07:03 ]
10 years at Esato
vlotnet
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-01-03 08:31
Razec, if that's the case about the colours, maybe I wasn't impressed with the compression and/or the VGA aspect of it

I did really love the phone in general though. Until the joystick failed
Would probably still be using it today if it hadn't.

Those Casio models are quite nice.
[ This Message was edited by: vlotnet on 2012-01-03 07:32 ]
paulmcauley
Elm Black
PM
Posted: 2012-01-23 05:50
Really agree that they need to bring back the camera protection of the c901/c902/k770 style. Also would like some of the finish of the Satio.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi