Joined: Aug 07, 2001
Posts: > 500
From: Oslo, Norway
Lumia 710, Nokias second Windows Phone model starts shipping today
Nokia Lumia 710 is the second Windows Phone 7 from the Finnish mobile phone maker. The Lumia 710 will start selling in Taiwan today and in stores in Singapore, Hong Kong, India and Russia the within a week. Nokia 710 expected retail price is 270 Euro which is very cheap for a Windows Phone 7 smartphone.
Both the more expensive Lumia 800 and the Lumia 710 are powered by a 1.4 GHz processor and both phones has a 3.7 inch touch display. Where the Nokia 800 has inherited the nice form factor from the Nokia N9, Lumia 710 looks more like an entry-level smartphone.
To cut the price down to 270 Euro, Nokia has made some sacrifices. Lumia 710 has ClearBlack display technology but does not have a AMOLED display. As usual, Nokia offers many colour variants for their mass market models. The Lumia 710 is no exception and you can buy it with either black or white front and with the following back covers: fuchsia (red), black, yellow, white, cyan.
Nokia Lumia 710 highlights
- Size: 119 x 62.4 x 12.48 mm
- Weight: 125.5 gram
- Networks: GSM/EDGE 900/1800/1900, WCDMA 900/1900/2100, HSPA 14.4/5.76 Mbps
- Wi-Fi b/g/n
- 3.7 inch display TFT display with ClearBlack technology
- Bluetooth 2.1 +EDR
- FM radio
- E-mail: SMTP, IMAP4, POP3 and Mail for Exchange 2003 and 2007
- 5 megapixel camera, auto focus, 28 mm, f/2.4
- 720p HD video capture 30fps
- 512 MB RAM. 8 GB internal storage. No memory card slot. 25 GB SkyDrive space
- 1.4 GHz Qualcomm MSM8255 Snapdragon processor
- 3D Graphics HW Accelerator
- 3.5 mm audio jack
- Keys: Camera, power and volume keys
- Excel, Word, Powerpoint and One Note applications
- 1300 mAh battery
- Standby time: 400 hours (GSM), 400 hours (WCDMA)
- Talk time: 6.9 hours (GSM), 7.6 hours (WCDMA)
- Internet Explorer 9 Mobile with support for hardware graphics acceleration and HTML5
- Accelerometer, proximity sensor, magnetometer, ambient light sensor
Joined: Jan 23, 2004
Posts: > 500
From: UK - South Yorkshire
Its encouraging but i think Nokia at the moment have sacked one too many of their employees, mainly the design team. The 800 is simply a N9, so no design needed and this 710 is simply a very budget looking phone. Its great having budget phones which run WP, but to look cheap and nasty isnt the best idea imo.
Im not saying the 710 looks cheap and nasty, but by looking at it you can clearly tell its a budget line.
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
Joined: Oct 15, 2012
Posts: > 500
This is not a joke, but I was using the lumia 710s keyboard the other day and it was pretty much better in every way than the Nexus 4s keyboard. Again, not a joke.|
[ This Message was edited by: Away on 2013-03-12 19:24 ]