Esato

Forum > Manufacturer Discussion > Samsung > From iPhone to Galaxy Nexus - How is the Android experience compared to iOS?

Previous  123 456 ... 91011  Next
Author From iPhone to Galaxy Nexus - How is the Android experience compared to iOS?
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2011-11-18 01:21
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Buying iPhones from there native country US of A

if you do so make sure the handset is GSM not CDMA
apple also offer Unlocked iPhones in the US aswell

happy eBaying Goodnight folks
An "Apple" a day keeps the Doctor at Bay!
anonymuser
Apple iPhone 4S
PM
Posted: 2011-11-18 01:36
I remember exactly what smartphones were like before the iPhone, and for a while after come to that, as most of the oh-so-insightful competition (not to mention posters here) decided to plough on with their strategies regardless and completely miss the point. There was *nothing* inevitable about the way the sector's developed since, and nothing pre-iPhone that points to where we are now - even the early drafts of android are unrecognisable.
Residentevil
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-11-18 06:37

On 2011-11-18 01:15:34, Bonovox wrote:
What other options?? I think it's very expensive.

Well the iPhone4 material were back then US$187.51, misc. US$45.95, labour US$6.54 the rest US$360 profit. (Total paid to Apple US$600.
Quite the profit margin.
Tough times don't last, tough people do!
Free Tibet
anonymuser
Apple iPhone 4S
PM
Posted: 2011-11-18 10:53
Quite the phone.
Caspa
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2011-11-18 14:28
Thats a rather large margin there... the wonders of Chinese manufacturing!
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-11-18 14:38
Designed in California Made in China.
Phone?? What phone??
Yoruichi
Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830
PM
Posted: 2011-11-19 01:16

On 2011-11-18 06:37:12, Residentevil wrote:

On 2011-11-18 01:15:34, Bonovox wrote:
What other options?? I think it's very expensive.

Well the iPhone4 material were back then US$187.51, misc. US$45.95, labour US$6.54 the rest US$360 profit. (Total paid to Apple US$600.
Quite the profit margin.

you forgot to add the cost in human lives.. the people at the apple factory who work 18-20 hr days and earn less in a month than what the iphone costs who commit suicide due to the slave labour conditions and policies of apple.. that right there is reason enough not to purchase an iphone.
Namo Amitabha
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2011-11-19 10:43
Its not just the iPhone though made in other countries
Its more or less everything these days and you ask yourself why
Theres a vast amount of Unemployed?

Its because Companys use cheaper companys abroad
Cos it costs less and alot more in there native country.

Everyone is on a tight budget these days
Another Recession possibley in the admist to well!
An "Apple" a day keeps the Doctor at Bay!
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-11-19 11:18
My god your quick Most Samsung phones are made in Korea where they come from except for cheaper models
[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2011-11-19 10:25 ]
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2011-11-19 23:00
@ Boinng

Thats a very well thought out post of yours, but to be honest its totally irrelevant and ill quickly demonstrate why. I dont wish to enter into a quote you, quote me war as it takes too much time and i post here for a hobby not a job. I have no bias towards any manufacturer, i just have dislikes which are at the moment aimed at Apple, as they always are because of things which are their fault, not mine or yours or any other Apple fans, fanboys or haters. Its personal and central to me, so you cannot tell me im wrong, its how i feel and its my opinion.

Apple enraged me in July'10 when they attempted to downplay and deny their antenna issues with the 4

No i didnt own a 4 at the time or have any intention to, i owned a Satio and intended to buy a N8 for its better version of Symbian and camera. Which at the time were better than what the 4 could do, for me. The reason i was enraged was by the fact Jobs himself lied to the press, denied there was a problem with the 4's antenna design and tried to shift the spotlight onto other phones from SE, HTC and Samsung..

I was enraged because they attempted to pull the wool over everyones eyes and failed, they were caught red handed failing their lies and in doing so enraged me more by insulting my intelligence, your intelligence and everyone elses intelligence. Simple as that.

They enraged me again when they got the Galaxy Tab banned across europe

Maybe companies like Samsung do release tabs and phones which are blatant design copies, maybe they dont. I dont really care on your opinion or anyone elses about Samsungs possible copy of Apple designs. What enraged me is the fact Apple tried to get their competitors products banned. The real reason Apple did this was because they were threatened by their competitors and attempted to eliminate the competition altogether. Apple are like a dictatorship, they try to tell you in their adverts that its only on iPhone, even though nearly every other smartphone out their can do the same and more. They are like a dictatorship because they want to make it impossible for you to have a choice.

I want to choose, not have Apple force me to choose their product.

They enraged me again only last month with their pathetic 4S upgrade

You say i had no intention of buying, but if you check my posts here on Esato i actually was - the iPhone 5. I sat there back in early october with Esato open and a live stream from the Apple press conference for over an hour waiting for a phone Apple didnt deliver. Nokia have lost my custom now and im looking to move on to a more modern smartphone OS. Sadly, Apple didnt deliver at all.

Two things matter to me most about a smartphone, multitasking and Bluetooth file transfers. The 4S does not do either. Apple have sat on their backsides for over a year and brought nothing new to the table, Siri is not new it was an existing app prior to Apples purchase of it, iCloud isnt a new concept, cloud storage has been on the go for years now. I can understand what you're saying, but i have reason not to give Apple any credit because every year they do not deliver.

Siri ? its the same product as Vlingo but just developed a bit more. They talk like they invented the wheel !

I dont think Siri is much better at all than Vlingo, because i dont rate either. Siri is developed further into the phones functions than Vlingo, fact, that does not mean im understating that its better. I only use Vlingo in my car to initiate calls, for any other task id rather pull over and enter it manually for safety reasons. Not at any other time would i feel i want or need voice commands over my phone.

I understand different peoples usage of voice software might be more dependant but to me, Siri and Vlingo are both over rated apps which have no real long term life for me as a user.

Apple do offend my intelligence again in their adverts, usually in the cinema when they say Siri, only on iPhone as though its something everyone is going to jump to use. I know two 4S owners, neither of which ive witnessed using Siri and when asked would they use it in a public place said no, they'd feel silly and find it a gimmick.

Apple apparently could file suits against everyone who has location based services

I did read and understand the whole article, so please do not try to suggest im either ignorant or too stupid to do so and i dont need you to repeat it.

The point which enrages me is once again Apple were quick to buy their way to success by trying to stop people from being able to use such a service.

This is where you Apple owners always fall flat on your faces. You're quick to defend Apple and claim its their innovation, or their ideas which they should protect and have the right to do so, but at the same time you go nuts if other companies try to develop something themselves, try to be innovative and bring new ideas to the market. You're always banging on about how we need progress with things like Siri, but when another company makes a move its wrong.

So basically what you're saying is, you want progression, innovation and new ideas bringing to the market - AS LONG AS ITS APPLE DOING SO AND NOBODY ELSE !

Hypocritical or what.
[ This Message was edited by: etaab on 2011-11-19 22:07 ]
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-11-19 23:04
Didn't Nokia have Nokia maps way before Apple had any location based services?? Who said they invented that??
Phone?? What phone??
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2011-11-19 23:14
Exactly !!! i can remember using Nokia maps back in 2006 on my N93 !

It had no built in gps, but using a Bluetooth gps could tell you where you are, what is around you and other location based services, which were limited yes but still available long before the iPhone reared its head for the first time in 2007.

Like i said, they want to claim they did everything and claim nobody can innovate but them.
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2011-11-19 23:27
where does it say anywhere that Apple invented location based services?

They have merely aquired the patent for that (previously owned by Xerox), which any company could have presumably done if they had the foresight.

btw, I have also noticed that anti-Apple people are an angry lot, whereas those of us that appreciate both sides of the argument, when the facts are properly presented, are quite calm about it all...
adsada
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2011-11-19 23:34
I agree 100% with that, and the complete irony is for years with the Microsoft vs Apple battle it was Apple which was made out to look like the small underdogs who were a really friendly small company and Microsoft the giant which is just after greed and wants to take over the world etc. Now look, you have Bill Gates doing a whole load of charity work and helping others, while Apple becomes greedier and attempts to dominate the whole mobile market preventing users from having any choice and preventing innovation.
[ This Message was edited by: adsada on 2011-11-19 22:35 ]
A-D-S-A-D-A
Xperia S
Long live the legacy of the Xperia arc
Long live the legacy of the K850i
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2011-11-19 23:41
@ Masseur - ive always had a lot of respect for you all these years ive been on this forum, but in the past 12 months ive found you to be rather biased towards Apple. Ive no problem with people being Apple fans, but to comment on people like me being anti-Apple, which im not, i find quite distressing.

Im certainly not against Apple for the same reasons true Android / WP7 / Symbian / Blackberry fanboys are, im against them because they appear to be against me. Its like Apple are anti-etaab !

adsada is correct - Apple are now the ones coming across like a domineering dictatorship, which was never so more apparent when Jobs stated he would do anything to kill Android. He may have had his reasons which he believed to be true but in my opinion and my opinion only, Apple needed Android as a competitor.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 456 ... 91011  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic