Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > Rename bluetooth devices

Author Rename bluetooth devices
altemyr
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2011-10-13 23:43
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
On any Android 2.3 phone, is it possible to rename the devices listed in the bluetooth list of devices that are paired with the phone? For example, my work computer is named something strange by the system operators and cannot easily be change without breaking a dozen of corporate rules or standards. But in my phone, it would have been easier for me if it simply appeared as "my computer" for example. Likewise, my bluetooth headset appears as "MW600", but so does my colleague's too, and if you by chance own two bluetooth headsets of the same model and brand, they appear with identical names. Is it possible to rename them? Or is there some kind of limitation or restriction in the android system that prevents you from naming a bluetooth device to something other than the device likes to call itself?
alibond82
Xperia Arc Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-10-14 01:44
I tried, but there's no option for it!

I wanted to change my car's bluetooth device's name as it appears "My_radiosat" but I couldn't find the option. I have XPERIA arc.
altemyr
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2012-08-27 15:01
I think an update of this thread is apropriate. I am now running Android 4.0.4 on my Xperia Ray, and I just recently discovered that it is possible to rename the device from the bluetooth settings: In the list of paired devices, tap on the settings icon at the right of the list. On top of the settings panel that is displayed, the device name can be changed.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi