Esato

Forum > Manufacturer Discussion > Apple > Apple Wins Patent Victory against HTC which could Ban all Android Phones

12  Next
Author Apple Wins Patent Victory against HTC which could Ban all Android Phones
julias
X2 White
PM
Posted: 2011-07-19 13:13
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Seems like HTC is in big trouble along with all Android phones Apple has just won a landmark patent victory against HTC that could lead to every Android phone being banned. More Here
skblakee
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2011-07-20 00:43
Probably will be settled somehow.
Galaxy Note III with 64gb micro SD
Visit St.Kitts in the Caribbean. Beautiful little place.
iPad Air 16GB
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-07-20 00:49
Sorry but this is getting silly now. Is Apple trying to kill the whole competition?? What is the argument though I do not understand this?? What has Android got to do with Apple?? Or am I just being thick??

[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2011-07-19 23:54 ]
skblakee
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2011-07-20 01:43
Personally, I don't know what the big deal with Apple is especially since they just broke their own records for sales in a quarter. 20 million iPhones sold $28.7 billion in sales. They are a good bit on the ridiculous side.
iPad Air 16GB
julias
X2 White
PM
Posted: 2011-07-20 11:05

On 2011-07-20 00:49:00, Bonovox wrote:
Sorry but this is getting silly now. Is Apple trying to kill the whole competition?? What is the argument though I do not understand this?? What has Android got to do with Apple?? Or am I just being thick??

Beyond silly Apple are claiming that they own the patent to the part of the phone that recognises the phone number and being prompted to call them? I'm not a technical man but mobile phones were doing this when since they were invented.

Personally i think Apple are just jealous of the success of Android are trying to kill it off in any way possible clearly their greed is getting out of control here and someone needs to get them a reality check and i'm sure it will come to them at some point as the saying goes "the higher they climb the harder they fall".

goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2011-07-20 15:09
Is all this litigation a just a sign of the times or did it only get ridiculous since the iPhone arrived?
julias
X2 White
PM
Posted: 2011-07-20 19:14

On 2011-07-20 15:09:43, goldenface wrote:
Is all this litigation a just a sign of the times or did it only get ridiculous since the iPhone arrived?

I would say its since the iphone arrived Apple were alright until then and i think even Apple were amazed at the success of the iphone its been such a influential and game changing phone that its got to their heads.

Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-07-20 21:13

On 2011-07-20 11:05:04, julias wrote:

On 2011-07-20 00:49:00, Bonovox wrote:

Beyond silly Apple are claiming that they own the patent to the part of the phone that recognises the phone number and being prompted to call them? I'm not a technical man but mobile phones were doing this when since they were invented.

Personally i think Apple are just jealous of the success of Android are trying to kill it off in any way possible clearly their greed is getting out of control here and someone needs to get them a reality check and i'm sure it will come to them at some point as the saying goes "the higher they climb the harder they fall".

AND APPLE WON THAT?? Oh come on
Phone?? What phone??
julias
X2 White
PM
Posted: 2011-07-20 23:10

On 2011-07-20 21:13:46, Bonovox wrote:

AND APPLE WON THAT?? Oh come on

Sorry won what?

xtacy
W995 Black
PM
Posted: 2011-07-21 10:24

On 2011-07-20 11:05:04, julias wrote:

I think what it meant was that phone would be able to recognise calls from unknown numbers by looking up a database and thereby displaying the caller's name; not just the names of those in your contacts list.

But I think these services have been deployed by some carriers in the US. (I'm not very certain but I could look it up).
~d(0_o)b~
|xtacy|
SE T300->T610->K700i->W810i->W950i->W960i->K770i->W995
skblakee
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2011-07-21 14:21
What ever it means Apple has gone overboard with all these silly lawsuits.
iPad Air 16GB
julias
X2 White
PM
Posted: 2011-07-21 14:24

On 2011-07-21 14:21:18, skblakee wrote:

Indeed and greed will be their downfall.

mlife
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2011-07-21 14:54

On 2011-07-21 14:21:18, skblakee wrote:

I'm not so sure they've gone overboard... Let me just say I don't care for apple's products but one must respect the stake they've made in the technology industry. Without making the longest post in the history of Esato, I'll just say that after reading through their original patent I feel they may have a slight foundation to their claims. With that having been said, I will admit that I haven't read through entire infringement case. BUT, and as a business owner myself, I will say that if I created a set of protocols used in my product I wouldn't want someone else to profit off it either. Ever have a great idea at work and let it out to a co-worker, only to find out later that co-worker takes full credit for the idea/project.... It Sucks.

I feel a possibility might also exist that apple knew what they had and let others bite off of it (pun intended, lol) only to set them up in the event they ever became successful.... If you think about, its the perfect business plan seeing as we all know imitation is the best form of flattery. Apple develops the idea for the iphone... starts to produce it and then doesn't immediately stop the "copy cats" knowing that later you will have great power of infringement in the event the competing products market what-so-ever takes off.

Guess we'll just have to sit back and see what happens....
[ This Message was edited by: mlife on 2011-07-21 14:16 ]
[addsig]
skblakee
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2011-07-21 15:05
Nearly all the phone manufacturers use patents/ideas from each other and most just sit down with each other and come to an agreement over payments without launching a barrage of lawsuits against each other.

I would go further and say that until Apple came out with the iPhone we hardly heard of manufacturers suing each other so often.

Apple - Silly!
iPad Air 16GB
julias
X2 White
PM
Posted: 2011-07-21 15:38

On 2011-07-21 15:05:36, skblakee wrote:
Nearly all the phone manufacturers use patents/ideas from each other and most just sit down with each other and come to an agreement over payments without launching a barrage of lawsuits against each other.

I would go further and say that until Apple came out with the iPhone we hardly heard of manufacturers suing each other so often.

Apple - Silly!

Quite true and here's something what a lot of people don't know is that Google Pays $9 to Microsoft for every Android phone sold and considering the amount of android devices being sold somewhere in the region of upto 300,000 devices everyday that ads upto many $$millions so google and microsoft must have quietly come to some amicable agreement over patents and rights in order for this this to happen with no silly lawsuits either.

Apple have revolutionised the smartphone market there is no denying that but to lay claim to some of the things things which were around before the iphone was even invented is just plain greedy and childish.

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi