Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > Really Severe problem with C905 flex cable

Author Really Severe problem with C905 flex cable
annafee
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2011-07-04 10:40
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hi guys, i'm from Bangladesh. I bought a C905 few months back. I am absolutely in love with it, but shortly after my purchase the Upper left action button(corresponds to Media in standby) stooped working. After searching the net i found that it was a slider flex cable problem. I changed via a repair shop but after one day everything was fyn except i found out the microphone was not working. I changed it again the next day with as the seller replaced it. Again after 3 weaks the Upper left action button and the navigation up button stopped working and after long presses the screen starts to blink. After that i decided to change it myself by buying a brand new flex cable from the shop and to my misery the problem again persisted the next day(THE UPPER LEFT ACTION BUTTON STOPPED WORKING) Note:After the cable was replaced everything worked fyn each time untill the buton stopped working. The bottom line is i want to know is every flex cable faulty or is there any other problem as it keeps coming back everytime. And i know a lot of you have face this problem; has it been fixed by changing the cable.........if so please tell me a link where to buy it from Ebay. i searched Ebay but i did not want to face this again so if anybody has successfully solved the problem please help me.............
Rookwise
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2011-07-04 14:08
Not just the flex cable. You best get the keyboard membrane checked as well as they are also prone to faults.
I tried sniffing coke once but didnt like it. The bubbles kept going up my nose
mode
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2011-07-05 05:28
All my friends who ever had C905 (even my sister who used to be a die hard fan) switched brands for their next phone. Those who had the phone as their first vowed to never return to SE. Such a problematic phone like that shouldn't have seen the light of day. A shame really coz a brilliant imaging flagship has shunned away customers when in fact it should've drawn them in
[ This Message was edited by: mode on 2011-07-05 04:33 ]
Ericsson EH97, GA628, GF768, A2618s, T29s Sony Ericsson T68i, S700i, P990i, Z558i, W902, W995, X10, Arc S
*Xperia V*White*Black MW600*Sandisk Mobile Ultra 64GB microSDXC*
annafee
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2011-07-07 10:18
@Rookwise-Thanks I'll get that checked but each time i replace the flex cable it get's fixed and then again button don't work.......can any of you who tried to change the flex cable and had no more issues with kepads please tell me the source of the flex cable if it is from E bay....any help is appreciated..
@mode- Totally agreed SE should have been more caution with quality they made a big mistake......even tough i plan on buying an X10 next year SE all the way....
Rookwise
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2011-07-07 10:33
www.cnn.cn would be a better try over ebay. Thats if they still do the flex cables.
Also. Make sure the flex cable is properly attached as it can come loose and cause communication problems.
I tried sniffing coke once but didnt like it. The bubbles kept going up my nose
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2011-07-07 10:52
I managed to replace mine but the keyboard was never the same again. You have to be very careful how the keyboard is replaced.
annafee
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2011-07-13 22:52
@goldenface- does your keyboard work properly? As in all buttons functional. He yes did you get it from ebay or from a shop. If from ebay please post link.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi