Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > Xperia ray Official Thread

Previous  123 ... 242526 ... 585960  Next
Author Xperia ray Official Thread
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-09-25 20:47
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
A 3.3 inch display with 1 gighz processor & 8 meg camera?? Yeah,that's new & not been done before And yes I do go into stores in the hope that a good 20 mins spent with a device will be good & with the want of buying. The Ray is only £199 in Carphone if you upgrade not buying new number
[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2011-09-25 19:51 ]
Phone?? What phone??
kaizerp900
Xperia Arc Silver
PM
Posted: 2011-09-25 20:58
Nope £200 total

Find an old pay as you go sim card, go in to cpw & ask for xperia ray on pay as you go

£199 & a few mins later, you walk out with an xperia ray.

Simples!
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-09-25 21:14
No,it's an old pay as you go sim 6 months old or more & you get it for £199 as a pay as you go upgrade. No top up. But it's £250 with new number
[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2011-09-25 20:16 ]
Phone?? What phone??
kaizerp900
Xperia Arc Silver
PM
Posted: 2011-09-25 21:53
So exactly what I said

"find an old pay as you go sim" , then hand over £199

Job done
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-09-25 22:08
Anyway i will stay out the Ray thread now leave you be. But one more say is why do you think Ray is unique first of it'S kind i don't get it?? Others like the HTC Sensation with dual core and qHD display that's something new. I don't hate SE i am just continually frustrated by their standards going down in terms of quality. I still love many of their models and looking back out of all the new Xperia models the Arc is still the only quality device. Anyway enough said
Phone?? What phone??
nevinp007
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2011-09-25 22:22
What's the let down in Xperia ray? You say the se phone's now are a low in quality and you stress the quality let down in ray. What's the let down you mean?, i don't get you. Do you mean, the lack of a dual core or an hdmi port is a let down or what? You say the last phone you saw from se with some quality was arc and what's that you saw in arc and not in ray? You say the ray's screen is small, so it lost all the quality and has no meaning to be sold in stores? Okay, it lacks a dual core and an hdmi port as well, so it's of no quality? I don't see any logic in your statements. well, i said in my earlier post that ray is new of it's kind and i explained that in the next post. Think of a guy who dreams of the configuration of the arc and doesn't have the money to but it, you tell him about ray; do you think he'll say that the ray is of no quality?, i don't think so. If you don't like se Xperia ray, just let it be, nobody compelled you to like it but please don't say that it's a low quality product, please. There are people who like the ray, consider them as well.
[ This Message was edited by: nevinp007 on 2011-09-25 21:25 ]
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-09-25 22:30
I say the Ray is nothing new & is not the first of it's kind. There is nothing new about it's features cos it's just another smaller re hash of phones already released. I am not on about HDMI or certain features missing. I also mean the feel & look of the phone was nothing special imo compared to any other phone by them. And the camera images are still not a big improvement on other models either. I was just voicing my views on another disappointing Xperia model they all just seem so ordinary & nothing new compared to other manufacturers specs like Samsung & HTC. And it is true. I want something outstanding from like something along the lines of HTC Sensation specs or better but they keep releasing the same old specs in another similar looking handset. I never said anyone compelled me to like it,I was saying what I think as I wish would hurry up & catch up with the rest of the industry. I am not saying anymore regarding this cos I will only seriously annoy you The Ray has nothing new or different about it.
Phone?? What phone??
-PERFECT-
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2011-09-25 23:06
Bono, we know what you say, but, at least, you are the ONLY one that say “The Ray has nothing new or different”. Trust me
I have it, the only negative sides are the missing hdmi port and the photo quality (as you said before). For the rest it’s the best phone ever seen. Give me another one with such portability and power, light and fast, great battery (usually 3 days with 3 hours of calls, impossible 6 days with normal usage), one of the best display with this pixel density and 100 g. weight. With less than 300 Euros
It was a lot of time that I did not see a phone that can win hands down compared with other phones.
Well done SE
lolstebbo
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2011-09-26 00:12

On 2011-09-25 22:30:33, Bonovox wrote:
I say the Ray is nothing new & is not the first of it's kind. There is nothing new about it's features cos it's just another smaller re hash of phones already released.

Most reviewers call it the first premium compact smartphone. Which would be true since most sub-3.5" smartphones tend to be 600 or 800 Mhz with HVGA screens.
bronxdude
Sony Xperia Z5 Premium
PM
Posted: 2011-09-26 02:32

On 2011-09-25 13:09:49, jplacson wrote:

On 2011-09-24 18:15:47, bronxdude wrote:
jplacson - please include quality of music playback via headset on your review please. thanks

@bronxdude, review with the included headset or just playback in general even using much better headphones?

@jplacson
both please. i have 2 other headsets, mw600 and soundmagic pl11
Zzzyzx
K550 Black
PM
Posted: 2011-09-26 05:37
Hi jplacson, just to be sure if the Ray indeed supports the ambient light sensor and it's working fine, can you also check the Service Menu of the phone *#*#7378423#*#*

You can test diffferent features/parts of the phone such as screen display, sound etc.

If Ray supports ambient light sensor, it should show up in that menu. You can test if it's working by checking if the value of the ambient light changes.
HxH
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2011-09-26 05:42
hope this help!

SONY x Sexy x Sleek x Solid x Stunner x Stylish : Nozomi/Kagura with Love.
jplacson
Sony Xperia P
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-09-26 06:06
@Hxh, Thanks, I see where it is now. It's quite tough to spot without shining a flashlight close to the phone surface.
Zzzyzx
K550 Black
PM
Posted: 2011-09-26 07:13
^^^ so does it really affect the brightness of the screen when you go to a low lighted room?
In my Xperia Mini, the adjustment of the screen brightness is very noticeable if you go from one place with ample light to a dimly lit room. I am really planning on switching to Ray if the case is not as bad as in the Mini.
massimax
W980
PM
Posted: 2011-09-26 12:57

On 2011-09-26 07:13:04, Zzzyzx wrote:
^^^ so does it really affect the brightness of the screen when you go to a low lighted room?
In my Xperia Mini, the adjustment of the screen brightness is very noticeable if you go from one place with ample light to a dimly lit room. I am really planning on switching to Ray if the case is not as bad as in the Mini.

AGAIN??? We already said that it DOES NOT affect the screen brightness AT ALL. You set it manually and it remains the same out in the sun or inside a dark room. I don't know why the sensor is here if it doesn't work as it should but that's it: it DOES NOT dim the screen in low light conditions nor it brightens it up when outside
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 242526 ... 585960  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic