Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > Xperia ray Official Thread

Previous  123 ... 232425 ... 585960  Next
Author Xperia ray Official Thread
massimax
W980
PM
Posted: 2011-09-25 11:53
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
ray DOES HAVE light sensor: it is shown on the user manual indeed. BUT ray doesn't use it for automatic brightness adjustment (don't know why... maybe a bug... somebody with the just released 2.3.4 should tell us if they fixed this issue)
jplacson
Sony Xperia P
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-09-25 13:09

On 2011-09-24 18:15:47, bronxdude wrote:
jplacson - please include quality of music playback via headset on your review please. thanks

@bronxdude, review with the included headset or just playback in general even using much better headphones?
nevinp007
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2011-09-25 13:41
Jplacson, i wish you don't miss my post as well.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-09-25 15:38
Have played once again today with a Ray in O2 store. I really wanted to like it but it is just so underwhelming Feels so light like a toy & the only nice thing is the screen which is not a good reason to buy a device.

Still,at least it is better than the Alcatel next to it
[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2011-09-25 14:39 ]
Phone?? What phone??
daydotz
K750
PM
Posted: 2011-09-25 16:40
@Bonovox was their much o2 branding on it ?
Faithful K750i & Elm
"help others to help others"
jplacson
Sony Xperia P
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-09-25 17:04
@nevin007, don't worry. I actually posted an initial impression on my blog. The screen and responsiveness is excellent, as is one handed typing (which was my primary concern)

For the rest, I'm still giving the phone a decent run through, but so far, I'm getting a solid 12 hours battery life of heavy surfing (half Wifi, half 3G)... the most power draining is when I'm using VLingo in the car constantly listening over Bluetooth.

I tried the new xperia Mini Pro as well, and it's leaps and bounds better than my X10 Mini Pro, but the slim design of the ray is what sold me. The new crop of xperia phones are really great.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-09-25 17:07

On 2011-09-25 16:40:11, daydotz wrote:
@Bonovox was their much o2 branding on it ?

I could not see any no but I guess with O2 it will be minimal
Phone?? What phone??
kaizerp900
Xperia Arc Silver
PM
Posted: 2011-09-25 17:16

Notice how most of the people posting they've "had a play with one & wasn't impressed" are the ones who have previously had nitpicking issues with another Xperia model.

I mean cmon there's some really silly "so called issues" being posted just lately that are being made to sound like major faults when they are not.

Creaky battery cover / low sound recording video etc......

Every single manufacturer & model of mobile phone will have small niggles of some kind but you aren't gonna read about them on here being an SE forum, the galaxy S has been known to have freezing issues , the iphone 3gs had cracking backs & random reboots etc....

At the end of the day the Xperia Ray is marketed as a junior Xperia Arc so it's common sense a £200 phone is gonna be missing a few features of others & do some things a little less as well as the dearer model, that's just life.

Stop going in to stores with the sole purpose of finding the faults with an Xperia.

If you don't like any of the Xperia's then don't buy em , move on to a different brand so the people who do love SE can continue in peace.
nevinp007
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2011-09-25 17:48
Well said, kaizerp900. people like criticizing sony ericsson. Everybody uphold samsung, but i don't see much in those phones. I like the way sony ericsson produces Xperias, the hardware, ui, everything. I like the se style . Oh, yeah. That's the spirit
nevinp007
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2011-09-25 18:24
And, thank you jplacson, for your reply. I'm waiting for your in-depth review as you promised. You're the only reviewer whom i could personally tell my needs. And, thank you jplacson, for your reply. I'm waiting for your in-depth review as you promised. You're the only reviewer whom i could personally tell my needs.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-09-25 20:27

On 2011-09-25 17:16:41, kaizerp900 wrote:

Notice how most of the people posting they've "had a play with one & wasn't impressed" are the ones who have previously had nitpicking issues with another Xperia model.

I mean cmon there's some really silly "so called issues" being posted just lately that are being made to sound like major faults when they are not.

Creaky battery cover / low sound recording video etc......

Every single manufacturer & model of mobile phone will have small niggles of some kind but you aren't gonna read about them on here being an SE forum, the galaxy S has been known to have freezing issues , the iphone 3gs had cracking backs & random reboots etc....

At the end of the day the Xperia Ray is marketed as a junior Xperia Arc so it's common sense a £200 phone is gonna be missing a few features of others & do some things a little less as well as the dearer model, that's just life.

Stop going in to stores with the sole purpose of finding the faults with an Xperia.

If you don't like any of the Xperia's then don't buy em , move on to a different brand so the people who do love SE can continue in peace.

I can go into stores & play with a working device on the shelf if I choose to do so. I,like many people still love many models but am finding a few of the newer models a let down. It is a forum & I can point out what I think is disappointing if I choose to do so. The Ray is not a £200 phone it costs £250 to over £300. Many of the new Xperia models have been a serious let for many spending their hard earned on them in the hope of quality. But they are let down so they have the right to express their views. Would you be happy after spending money for it to be not as good quality as other brands are making?? It seems sadly is still behind in quality & tech in many ways to other brands. This makes people feel unhappy about their overall favourite brand,me included. It seems never seems to learn from their mistakes with poor build & low quality in many respects. For some reason though I quite fancy the Arc S so am hoping for something really good. Now,I am bored...............
[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2011-09-25 19:30 ]
Phone?? What phone??
nevinp007
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2011-09-25 20:35
Well, which phone do you see better than Xperia ray? I think ray is the first of it's kind.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-09-25 20:36
First of it's kind?? In what way?? Cos it's small??
Phone?? What phone??
kaizerp900
Xperia Arc Silver
PM
Posted: 2011-09-25 20:42

Bonovox there's never any point arguing the difference with you as 90% of your posts since the arc days have been nothing but complaints about Xperia phones so you will never go in to a store to look at an Xperia model from a prospective buyer point of view, you will go to see what's wrong with it first & foremost.

see that's just it, you don't point out what's disappointing, you just launch in to your usual moan about SE & slag the phone off just because.

every single model of Xperia you've had lately seems to have some kind of "fatal" flaw that you just cannot live with & need to return it etc.... (dust under screen/creaky back etc...)

Clearly SE is not for you , you would be better to move to pastures new & return to SE when the quality is up to your standards.

I bought 2 Philips tv's back in the day & both actually went faulty so never returned to the brand even though they make some decent products now & there's millions of happy philips customers out there I just don't trust the brand anymore so I no longer buy them.

The ray is just as nearer a £200 phone than a £300 phone , £199 from CPW (& yes I bought one at that price).

Either way just stop having a moan about a phone you don't own , let people who have purchased one reply to potential buyers & they are the best qualified to say if the phone is worth buying or not, not a "have a looksie in store" who just wants to find the faults.
nevinp007
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2011-09-25 20:42
3.3, 480x854, 296ppi, 8mp camera, 1ghz processor, etc made together to form the Xperia ray. Ain't this enough to respect the ray? Any other brand with some similar configuration? Well, am ignorant, but i haven't seen any samsung or htc or anything with such a phone.
[ This Message was edited by: nevinp007 on 2011-09-25 19:45 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 232425 ... 585960  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic