Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > Xperia ray Official Thread

Previous  123 ... 161718 ... 585960  Next
Author Xperia ray Official Thread
HxH
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2011-09-12 07:33
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Haha! It really amazing how the Ray slimming size is.

I already dubbed the Ray as my mom w350's successor because it small & slim size.
SONY x Sexy x Sleek x Solid x Stunner x Stylish : Nozomi/Kagura with Love.
roosevelt92
Model not set
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-09-12 08:11
@Alihosny u r right models are almost same but Nokia are pools apart from Sony Ericsson phones... u can't compares to its features with any of the Nokia device ...
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-09-12 17:06
E Cell on Ebay are selling the ray for £274
Phone?? What phone??
massimax
W980
PM
Posted: 2011-09-12 17:17
here you can get it for 20 euros less

http://compraonline.mediaworl[....]tegory_rn=60597134&catGroupId=
elnitrox
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2011-09-13 14:21
saw the ray yesterday it was kinda small comparing to arc..maybe i would like it if it came first than arc coming from arc screen size is really something..but still its a great android phone...
superman23
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2011-09-14 05:10
http://negrielectronics.com/s[....]-ray-unlocked-black-st18a.html

This site has the st18a in stock. It's the only place I've been able to find it. I haven't heard of the american version actually being released though. Anybody ever used this site before and know if it's legit?
bronxdude
Sony Xperia Z5 Premium
PM
Posted: 2011-09-14 09:16
Techradar's review of Ray

http://www.techradar.com/news[....]csson-xperia-ray-review-979407
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-09-14 13:35
I seen the Ray in Carphone Warehouse for £249
Phone?? What phone??
s1ddo
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2011-09-14 14:39
Yes, I saw this last week but was told it is not on PAYG then and it was a printing error which seems a recurring theme with Carphone Warehouse as there were errors with the Mini and Min pro prices last month and seems to be carrying on this month too as the website says you can get them for £149/199 on PAYG but the September price list booklet says they are £199/249. The website doesn't have the ray on PAYG so I assume that what I was told was correct but will check tomorrow when I go into Leicester as if not on PAYG why are they advertising it as being available? which would be a shame as the advertised price is £50 cheaper than O2's price.
mr_lou
T68i mineral
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-09-14 16:44
Bought the Ray today, and I'm deeply disappointed to learn that it has the same low crap audio in video-recordings as Neo does!!!!!
Arc is MUCH better, but too big for me.

I can't believe it's impossible to get what I want. Small size, good video-recording with good audio.
So yet again I'm staying with my Aino, which doesn't have the high resolution, but has good audio in the video-recordings.

arcmhyke
Sony Xperia TX
PM
Posted: 2011-09-14 16:57

On 2011-09-14 16:44:15, mr_lou wrote:
Bought the Ray today, and I'm deeply disappointed to learn that it has the same low crap audio in video-recordings as Neo does!!!!!
Arc is MUCH better, but too big for me.

I can't believe it's impossible to get what I want. Small size, good video-recording with good audio.
So yet again I'm staying with my Aino, which doesn't have the high resolution, but has good audio in the video-recordings.

you're not just leaving with a high resolution, you are leaving with all the PRO's of Xperia Ray can offer you, in Exchange of a High Audio in Video Recordings from your Aino.

I'll just bring them both if i were you, or just stay away from SE and buy something from a different manufacturer

No Offense but your post is the Strangest Post I ever Read in my entire life
[ This Message was edited by: mhyke on 2011-09-14 16:04 ]
Phone: Sony Xperia TX LT29i
Camera: Cyber-shot DSC QX10
Speaker: SRS BTV5 Wireless Speaker
Headset: MW1 Smart Wireless Headset pro | MH EX300AP
mr_lou
T68i mineral
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-09-14 17:13
I'm done with SE.

It makes no sense why they start making phones that gives so low quality audio, when they have done devices that gives great audio.

It's like their new trend. Reduce quality for each handset. First make great cameras in W800 and K800, then make a bunch of devices with crap camera.

Just so happens that video-recording is an important factor to me, and ever since Neo disappointed me I've been waiting for the Ray. It just amazes me that it has the same low crap quality, when both Arc and Neo and Ray is supposed to be the same model more or less. Why does only Arc have great audio?

What the hell good does a high resolution do you, if the audio is insanely low? Imagine you assembling a DVD with the recordings you and your girlfriend have made. Volume will constantly go up and down. Up everytime an Arc video is playing, and down everytime a Ray video is playing. Simply unacceptable and I used to think that was below SE quality, but apparently it's the style they intend to stay with. So sad.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-09-14 18:05

On 2011-09-14 14:39:13, s1ddo wrote:
Yes, I saw this last week but was told it is not on PAYG then and it was a printing error which seems a recurring theme with Carphone Warehouse as there were errors with the Mini and Min pro prices last month and seems to be carrying on this month too as the website says you can get them for £149/199 on PAYG but the September price list booklet says they are £199/249. The website doesn't have the ray on PAYG so I assume that what I was told was correct but will check tomorrow when I go into Leicester as if not on PAYG why are they advertising it as being available? which would be a shame as the advertised price is £50 cheaper than O2's price.

It will be soon though on Pay & go it's just first stocks normally are reserved for contracts. All other Xperia phones were on pay & go from the off. And yes,Carphone Warehouse are always making errors
Phone?? What phone??
RandomCarpet
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2011-09-14 21:08

On 2011-09-14 17:13:19, mr_lou wrote:
I'm done with SE.

It makes no sense why they start making phones that gives so low quality audio, when they have done devices that gives great audio.

It's like their new trend. Reduce quality for each handset. First make great cameras in W800 and K800, then make a bunch of devices with crap camera.

Just so happens that video-recording is an important factor to me, and ever since Neo disappointed me I've been waiting for the Ray. It just amazes me that it has the same low crap quality, when both Arc and Neo and Ray is supposed to be the same model more or less. Why does only Arc have great audio?

What the hell good does a high resolution do you, if the audio is insanely low? Imagine you assembling a DVD with the recordings you and your girlfriend have made. Volume will constantly go up and down. Up everytime an Arc video is playing, and down everytime a Ray video is playing. Simply unacceptable and I used to think that was below SE quality, but apparently it's the style they intend to stay with. So sad.

What is you firmware version?
If you are running a version older than 4.0.A.2.368, only one of the mics are used for video recording. Starting from this version, both mics should be used during video capturing (stereo sound, should be better quality).
mr_lou
T68i mineral
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-09-14 21:18
Yes, it is 4.0.A.2.368 I'm using, and both mics does record, but only 40-50% as high as the Arc does. I have to use an audio-normalize filter in a video-editor in order to get the same volume.
Same problem with Neo and even worse on Vivaz. I can't believe I've kept on buying their shit for so long, constantly thinking that now they must have fixed it.

I'll be using the audio-normalize filter solution for a little while, and then go other brands from now on. Ray is my last SE phone.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 161718 ... 585960  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic