Esato

Forum > Manufacturer Discussion > Nokia > Introducing the Nokia N9: all it takes is a swipe!

Previous  123  Next
Author Introducing the Nokia N9: all it takes is a swipe!
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-06-23 23:13
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I like the way it works. And the fact that you can use Android apps with it too. I just don't like the garish colours I want to see the black one
Phone?? What phone??
julias
X2 White
PM
Posted: 2011-06-26 17:38
Wired has a good article on the N9 and they think its set to fail describing it as quote: "The new phone is a bit like the Titanic: a masterpiece of quality engineering and luxury craftsmanship that is doomed to sink on its maiden voyage."
xtacy
W995 Black
PM
Posted: 2011-06-26 21:49
Hmmm. Call me weird but I seem to prefer the looks of the N8 to the N9.
~d(0_o)b~
|xtacy|
SE T300->T610->K700i->W810i->W950i->W960i->K770i->W995
jsrjr_gua_br
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2011-06-27 22:22
Below Only Some Differential Presented by Single Photo
Nokia Nseries N9:

1º Industry-first imaging sensor which is FULLY optimised for BOTH 16:9 AND 4:3 images
2º Industry-leading Carl Zeiss optics
3º Super wide-angle optics – the widest in the industry. Up to as much as 60% more viewing area than other broadly comparable devices.
4ºf/2.2 aperture – largest ever in a mobile device
5ºExtremely responsive, especially switching from stills to video and vice-versa and shot to shot
6ºTouch AF for both video and stills
7ºFull time continuous AF in BOTH video and stills plus face detection
8ºHD video with stereo audio (still one of very few devices that provide high quality audio recording in video)
9ºSeamless workflows optimised for speed or editing & sharing
10ºZoom in to images directly in the post capture view, edit and share all without leaving the camera – the most seamless mobile imaging experience
11ºNon-destructive editing of images – go back to the original image at any time. Undo or redo edits even months later
12ºNew high power dual LED flash – 20% more powerful than our previous most powerful LED flash despite its compact size
13ºGeo tagging with place names rather than just co-ordinates
14ºAMBR – Automatic Motion Blur Reduction
15ºNot forgetting the touch to share of images between handsets using NFC technology

Will we ever see a cell phone Samsung or Sony Ericsson with this imaging technology??

New Duo or Xperia is just a huge amount of megapixels in a small image sensor and a lens with chromatic aberration great!

Wake up Sony Ericsson!
jsrjr_gua_br
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2011-06-27 22:26
I repeat what good is a backlit image sensor if it is tiny ... What good is a backlit image sensor with a large lens with chromatic aberration, and moreover made ​​of plastic ... What good is a backlit image sensor with an aggressive post-processing such as occurs in images captured by the Arc and the Neo!
So when enthusiasts of online cyber shot will be outcasts in the background ???
When we finally substitute the height of the spectacular C901 and C905 ??? The answer to Sony Ericsson's position shows that more and more lost in their initial values​​!
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-06-28 00:48
Very true indeed and I still think the N8 is the best camera on any phone. I have compared some N8 images to some compact cameras and the Nokia was better. As far as the sensor goes well a tiny sensor with a tiny lens is not a good combination. Even many expensive compact cameras still struggle in low light. The Arc is an average camera imo. Nokia seem to know how to make a cracking camera in its top devices more than any manufacturer imo
Phone?? What phone??
hihihans
HTC One
PM
Posted: 2011-11-01 22:15
N9 Available in Holland at Belsimpel.nl
16gb €611
64gb €672
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-11-01 22:25
that's quite expensive
Phone?? What phone??
ernesthelmer
Model not set
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-11-06 17:50
Nokia N9 means good stereo sound system, when you listen with headphones. N9's speaker is just ok but if use stereo headphones/speaker, great sound. You can test it out at the shop if your country is selling N9.
A free app for music equaliser is available in Ovi Store, plus a few others.

Overall I like this phone.
lemmy31
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2011-11-11 21:56
Got my N9 delivered yesterday . Ordered from theorder.co.uk on Wednesday and as promised it was delivered next day.
Build quality is rock solid and so far the OS is a joy to use........just a pity it appers that this will be the one and only handset using Meego. . Applied the PR1.1 OTA update straight away so i cant compare before and after unfortunately. In use Meego reminds me slightly of WebOS only far slicker
Call quality and reception appear to be very good indeed, just as you would expect from Nokia. Anybody getting the Lumia will not be disappointed with the hardware at all !!
Ive been very busy today so ive not had chance to really try the camera but the few snaps i have taken and transferred appear to be very good in quality.
its has this product code : 059J203: RM-696 NDT CENTRAL EUROPE BLACK 16GB. Not that i expected a UK product code as this will not be released officially in the UK.
Ill try and get some time to post pics etc if anyone is interested

Regards

Craig
Marly
Apple iPhone 6
PM
Posted: 2011-11-12 00:39
Congrats to the new phone !

Hope to read more, when you've spent more time with it. And some pics, please
"America: please don’t be a Dumpfkopf"
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-11-12 02:03
wow you got one that's nice!! About call quality Nokia have used a special antenna design or polycarbonate to maximise signal
Phone?? What phone??
lemmy31
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2011-11-12 09:10

As you can see im no photographer but they are the best i can do. Ive ordered some screen protectors which should hopefully arrive today. Dont know how well they'll fit though due to the curved screen
Il try and get some camera sample shots up later.

Regards

Craig
fbloise
Nokia 808 PureView
PM, WWW
Posted: 2014-11-03 11:57
I got a N9 after a long debate. Well, mostly for my private collection, the N9 kicks modern phone asses like the iPhone 5s. I love the size, also the openness.

Sadly, the O/S is pretty much dead, but it gives some nostalgia, that kind of feeling like "what if...".

Photos:

Original

Original
[ This Message was edited by: fbloise on 2014-11-03 11:00 ]
"Haters are just confused Admirers" My Website
Foro.DO Facebook Group at http://www.facebook.com/groups/esato/

BBM: 2B5E52DF
tranced
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2014-11-03 14:14
For a second I thought this was a new model

I know that feeling when you get an old gadget just for the old times.
I jay0726 | (+3, 0) | Clara, Evita, Mimmi & Victoria | My Pics | Do your job!
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi