Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > T68i

Previous  123 ... 222324  Next
Author T68i
kallingen
P990
PM
Posted: 2002-02-24 16:45
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
If it ainīt officaly released, it isnīt an Ericsson Phone...

Sorry!
Sincerly,

Joakim KÃÂĪll, Sweden
Superluminova
K610 red
PM
Posted: 2002-02-24 17:27
Hopefully this should clear all of this confusion up about the "T68i"

Ericsson T68i arrives thus that its new software!!
(25.01.2002)
After launching last October of T68 , Ericsson had announced that support MMS (Multi-media Message Service) was returned in the first months of 2002 because of the uselessness of the service in autumn 2001.

Ericsson confirms the fact that it would have been possible to return all T68, even very first, compatible MMS with a simple update of the software. Various specimens are already in the hands of companies proposing of services MMS for various European operators.

Here thus the arrival on the market of T68i. For "the old hand" owners of T68, do not make any you, the update will be available without any problem of software or hardware. The principal news functions is thus compatibility with the MMS, the possibility of traversing various images (JPEG, GIF and WBMP) present on the telephone, a inteface to listen to the new melodies considering technology MMS will combine the images with music (formats available iMelody, BeMelody and AMR) and finally the possibility of changing topic either by creating them, or by downloading them via Internet.

Nevertheless, the true revolution is the flexibility of the storage internal in order to manage space according to the use that did it mobile telephone. That comes down to saying, that currently on T68, there are various internal storages which are each one preset for a certain type of data. On T68i, these memories will be put together and could be used indépendemment of what one wishes to safeguard (e-mail, SMS, etc.). There will not be thus more limitation, i.e. one will be able to save, for example, more images in the e-mail place or SMS and vice versa.

With through the use of use of Communicam, it will be possible to make photographs and to send them via MMS or quite simply to safeguard them. Moreover, with this update, one will be able to transmit via IrDA, Bluetooth, SMS or MMS, other data, such as for example of the vocal recordings. Lastly, this version will support the XHTML in its version BASIC which will allow navigation on several Web site.

This version of T68i, as its software (R1B) will be available to mid-March 2002.

Mobilemag.ch

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=fr&u=http://www.mobilemag.ch/modeles/default.asp&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dericsson%2Bt68i%26start%3D10%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN
Dark
P800
PM
Posted: 2002-02-24 17:31
kallingen

You're right it isn' Ericsson it's SonyEricsson!
When the release it officially and it turns out that this is an existing phone what will you say, I'm sorry? this is not enough for me because I'm not a lier. I really held T68i in my hands.

I copy something for you from another topic of Estato. It was written by a guy who works for Ericsson. He couldn't stand any more that we were arguing about T68m and T68i

Believe it or not the T68i exists (It's not rumour, because I tried it for some hours:).

Why can you buy it in Hungary? It's not final, arrived in a white box labelled NOT FOR COMMERCIAL USE or sg like that. So I think it's in beta stage. The phone itself is not a good looking one, light silver color, with metallic blue top, with no metal-like Yes/No buttons, and a white painted! sony-ericsson text. It's not so elegant like T68m, and the back of the phone is hard coated. It has 56 background images, and you can delete them (one of my friends tried a phone with just 12 backgrounds, so I think it's really a beta), it has 4 predefined styles like summer, autumn, ..., but you can download new ones instead. The games were not so many like Dark said, because the solitaire like games were in the main game menu, there was Naval, but no GAME etc, had MMS ofcourse, and all memory was counted together, there was ~540k of ram, which I could use for backgrounds, themes, etc. The switch on/off logo was the green sonyericsson one, not earth. Finally my conclusion was the software is really good (except for the long waitings with a Windows style hour-glass), but I didn't like the cheap young-looking hardware design. And one more thing for the beta thing: the sw version was r1a.

So I'm not the only one who tried T68i!
kallingen
P990
PM
Posted: 2002-02-24 18:01
My eyes doesnīt lie...
I need picture-proofs...
SonyEricsson wouldnīt send out a BETA-version that never anyone has heard about to a totally unknown store in hungary... I think they would "hire" test-people and other things...
But, before I can belive you, I need pictures like all the others here on Esato.com!!
Cytech
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2002-02-24 18:08
totally agree with kallingen... those sites I have been around to where it is written about T68i there is either no pic at all, or a pic on a T68m....

found a Russian site where they had info on both T68 and T68i, the thing was that the info on theese two was the same, and the picture on the two pages was on a T68m with golden cover.

[ This Message was edited by: Cytech on 2002-02-24 18:08 ]
arroyootje
C902 Black
PM
Posted: 2002-02-24 18:47
Cytech---> could you give me the name of the russian site so that I can know the difference....

I don't care what will come out, if it's that much better I'll just sell my t68m and buy a t68i, z, k, or whatever....

I DO believe WOULD do that, cos they don't really think of the consumer, they think HOW MUCH they can make by releasing TWO phones that are good and then selling them both....
I think if T68i IS released that the price of T68m will drop... but maybe it will be like 8850 and 8890...

I think they should have some options on the m that they don't have on the i....

ok...
Fulika
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-02-24 18:52
Mello Everybody!

I'm from Hungary from Budapest. Yesterday I go to that shop, where (as I heard) sold the t68i. There was only the last one. The phone was in a clear white box, in the box there is a text sonyericcson. The phone was white. The back of the phone isn't rubber, those plastic like the front. As I felt those wasn't so thin like my t68m. The welcome menu not -the sun goes up to the sky. Something else, much more movefull. I'm intrested in especially the data capabilities of the new phone. Unfortunetly from this case the phone is same like t68m. T68i know 2 channel downgrade in HSCSD mode ( Because the girl behind the table was very pressing me, I was looking only this one thing. I don't know nothing about the html browser, the picturebook, the picture, and music browser, and other new feature. But one thing is true, the phone is exist!!! I think that this is only a test version for operators, I don't know how to sell the phone in the shop, but the phone is in the shop. The price is same like the t68 price 2 months ago (179000 HUF ~ 640 USD). I work for a mobile operator in Hungary. In my company about 3 months ago was MMS capable T68. I think in the 10th week in 2002 there will be an MMS upgrade for the old t68-s. Maybe this will be the same software like in the new t68i now in the shop. In fact: You beleive or not it doesn't matter, T68i exist, but I think the new only the outer case, not inside!
Cytech
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2002-02-24 19:10

T68: http://www.omportal.com/showmodel.php?brand=ericsson&model=t68

T68i: http://www.omportal.com/showmodel.php?brand=ericsson&model=t68i

The site can be translated with http://babelfish.altavista.com
kallingen
P990
PM
Posted: 2002-02-24 19:51
SonyEricsson wouldnīt send out a BETA-version of a T68i (?) just to a unknown store, especially not a store in Hungary, and let everybody go in and put their fingers on it!!! Thatīs impossible...
Even that noone, then I mean NOONE, have ever heard about the T68i itīs just rumours from mobile forums that all the magazines grounded their facts on.

It wouldnīt be good of SonyEricsson to "loan"/take Ericssonīs Concept of the T68, cause it is ERICSSON that have made the T68, it has nothing with Sony to do about! Absolutly nothing... Itīs Ericsson that makes the Money, and looses the money of the T68.

So...

Letīs all wait to CeBIT 22th March (?) if SonyEricsson intruduce anything looky-like the T68 (concept-stealing!), like you said.

Sincerly,

Joakim KÃÂĪll, Sweden
kallingen
P990
PM
Posted: 2002-02-24 19:53
And one thing more...
Had the T68i a 4096colorscreen???

Anyway, All the others SonyEricsson concepts will have it, and if I were SonyEricsson I wouldnīt release another product without a 4096 colorscreen...
The 256colorscreen are a bit old already...

Sincerly,

Joakim KÃÂĪll, Sweden
Cytech
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2002-02-24 19:57

Quote:

Letīs all wait to CeBIT 22th March (?) if SonyEricsson intruduce anything looky-like the T68 (concept-stealing!), like you said.

CeBIT is 13 - 20 March... 17 days left

kallingen
P990
PM
Posted: 2002-02-24 19:58
OK Cytech!!!

Letīs all wait and see!

Sincerly,

Joakim KÃÂĪll, Sweden
Fulika
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-02-24 20:27
To Kallingen!

SonyEricsson wouldnīt send out a BETA-version of a T68i (?) just to a unknown store
You think correctly: It's a small "unknown" GSM shop. In this type of shops not E/// send the models to the shop, the shop owners go to (I don't know where) and by the models to sell it later. The only thing I know: I saw a white, t68 like phone yesterday. In the bottom of the phone there is a text: T68i. In the upper side of the phone a printed text SonyEricsson (not the hollow text like in t68m). The welcome animation not the same like t68, and the graphic menu is different a littlebit. I think about that it's a big ramp. somebody change the outer plastic on some t68, but I reject this thing. If it's true, how to change the outer material of the accu, and where from get the new sw, and how to change the sw in the phone. I think this is the real t68i! Why in hungary? I don't know (why not? ))
john74
P800
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-02-24 20:33
Why stress and worry if our T68m is upgradable to the T68i then there is no need to worry!!!!!Its like the Siemens SL45 and SL45i (Java) but that upgrade from normal to Java cost about 60 Euro!!!Lets hope that the MMS upgrade will be FREE!!! Personally i think the T68i exists but not for commercial use yet only Network operators have them to test the 3G networking,the same goes for the Nokia 7650!!
Cytech
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2002-02-24 20:48
Quote:

On 2002-02-24 20:33, john74 wrote:
Why stress and worry if our T68m is upgradable to the T68i then there is no need to worry!!!!!Its like the Siemens SL45 and SL45i (Java) but that upgrade from normal to Java cost about 60 Euro!!!Lets hope that the MMS upgrade will be FREE!!! Personally i think the T68i exists but not for commercial use yet only Network operators have them to test the 3G networking,the same goes for the Nokia 7650!!

yes the upgrade for MMS will be free.... the support for MMS will be apart of the ordinary software for T68, so you just have to leave the phone at a servicepoint to get the software updated.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 222324  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic