Esato

Forum > Information > Esato News Articles > Nokia changes name of the service branding Ovi to Nokia

Author Nokia changes name of the service branding Ovi to Nokia
laffen
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
PM
Posted: 2011-05-16 16:08
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Nokia today decided to change the name of their service branding from Ovi to Nokia
Esato News

Ovi by Nokia

According to Nokia, none of the services offered by the company will be affected other than having the name changed. The transition is likely to begin in July and will be finnished by 2012.

Ovi, which translates to door in Finnish, was launched in 2007 but was not promoted much by Nokia before 2009. Before Ovi was born, Nokia was running Club Nokia, a mobile store for ringtones, wallpapers and themes for Nokia handsets. But Club Nokia was soon closed down because network operators was dissatisfied with Nokia "stealing" their customers. Insted Ovi saw the light, offering photo sharing and digital maps. Later Ovi startet offering Ovi Mail and Ovi Store (app store) and Ovi Music.

The only difference consumers can expect to see is the replacement of the brand Ovi with Nokia. The name change will affect the device software and web as well as printed material and online media.

source

aaliyah15
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2011-05-20 14:28
i really hated this ovi thing, it did not worked over my system, hope this will be better
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2011-05-21 06:21
when OVI came out I had the N95 and it took me a fair while to realise that OVI was a Nokia brand

That was such a bad decision by Nokia and its good that they make it more recognisable again
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi