Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > Arc vs Satio?

12  Next
Author Arc vs Satio?
brian_s
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2011-05-11 23:49
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hi, I currently have a Satio, really like the Camera on it but hate the Symbian OS, its just a nuisance trying to add apps etc and seems to be pretty buggy. I am thinking of getting an Experia Arc to replace it. Its the first phone I have seen which has a camera which even comes near the spec of the satio, and is running Android.
I just have a few questions on the Arc before I buy:

Camera Functionality - how does it compare to the Satio - panorama shots, available settings, etc?

Is there any reliable site to get accesories like a air vent mounted holder for my car, as I plan to use the phone as a sat nav aswell. The only ones I can see are generic holders, which usually dont seem to be up to the task.

Thanks
Brian
PhoenixR
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2011-05-12 22:03
Hi. I had a Vivaz before, and as far as the OS, the Arc is ... Amazing!

As far as camera, there are a lot of options in it, and a lot of automatic settings as well. Check out the tests on gsmarena.com maybe. But I can tell there is no panorama option in the camera, but you can download a lot of apps to do that an many other kinds of camera effects.
HxH
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2011-05-12 23:55
I'm not sure about Panorama shoot but there is no such a thing called "BestPic".

Instead, you get very quick scene cap from Arc as replacement, very quick flick finger is require if you want to get BestPic from Arc.
Shutter is too tiny and lacks of tactile in real life which real frustrate with the Arc for me, but that it small price to pay for IMO.

As regard of panorama, I think app market should have some available to solve this problem

Anyway personally, I really love how works on their camera UI, just an amazing and captured my heart for the Arc!
[ This Message was edited by: HxH on 2011-05-12 23:00 ]
SONY x Sexy x Sleek x Solid x Stunner x Stylish : Nozomi/Kagura with Love.
razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2011-05-13 03:59
Satio is still the king of imaging range as far as image quality is concerned. it would be really great if could've made an android version of it just like what they did to the vivaz line.

Arc has better image quality compared to X10/Vivaz/X2 imho. i prefer the rendering of foliage of trees on Arc's shots as it preserves more detail at the cost of more visible noise. X10 pictures may looked cleaner though
10 years at Esato
mode
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2011-05-13 08:14
I beg to differ. Just because Satio has Xenon and 4 extra megapixels doesn't make it the best imaging device for SE. IMHO Satio just has the imaging quality of W995, not even C905. Has the same noise suppression and details and has nothing on the newer sensors like X10 and Arc that have far better dynamic range, colour rendition, contrast and in every way except in Xenon dependant situations
Ericsson EH97, GA628, GF768, A2618s, T29s Sony Ericsson T68i, S700i, P990i, Z558i, W902, W995, X10, Arc S
*Xperia V*White*Black MW600*Sandisk Mobile Ultra 64GB microSDXC*
razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2011-05-13 10:55

On 2011-05-13 08:14:32, mode wrote:
I beg to differ. Just because Satio has Xenon and 4 extra megapixels doesn't make it the best imaging device for SE. IMHO Satio just has the imaging quality of W995, not even C905. Has the same noise suppression and details and has nothing on the newer sensors like X10 and Arc that have far better dynamic range, colour rendition, contrast and in every way except in Xenon dependant situations

I do respect your opinion, but C905 still has the most aggressive noise reduction of all series after K850 imho. I still remember where it ranked when GSMArena performed a test between innov8 Renoir and Pixon Here and Here. On top of that Satio has easily outperformed Innov8 on details N8 and Pixon12 do outperformed Innov8 as well. perhaps only a few could agree with me but i think Innov8 is still the best 8mp camera phone when it comes to overall image quality.

now for a better glance at the details

http://www.gsmarena.com/piccm[....]19&idPhone2=2964&idPhone3=2683

^^ on the right side of the circle at the center take a look at how many lines are visible with Satio in comparison with X10 and Arc. on X10 theres alot of chroma. also take a look at the sharpening level X10 applie.

see for yourself. just my opinion though
[ This Message was edited by: razec on 2011-05-13 09:58 ]
10 years at Esato
false_morel
Nokia Lumia 920
PM
Posted: 2011-05-13 16:07
The Satio and the C905 are out of the Arc's reach!! Advanced tech my ***!! That Exmor R sensor is a joke..

Heck, even the C901 could be preferred by some over the Arc due to the more natural looking results!
Let's just hope there is an Android Cybershot coming on the road..
HxH
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2011-05-13 21:07
WTH, how you seriously compare between XPERIA Arc and Satio when come to quality!

XPERIA Arc has 1/3.2
SATIO has 1/2.4

the different that XPERIA Arc has back-illuminated structure sensor named Exmor R in marketing,
which advantage that better sensitivity to light than the old structure front-illuminated of SATIO.

That's all and major upgrade of XPERIA Arc IMO!

I have to lower my expectation for image quality when I change to XPERIA Arc from SATIO by the end of this year (I hope so!)
But I could gain hefty of advantage that XPERIA Arc brought within it including OS.

Color matter is preference tastes, I personally liked the way of Nokia N8 did it camera department but OS killed me from inside out!
[ This Message was edited by: HxH on 2011-05-13 20:08 ]
SONY x Sexy x Sleek x Solid x Stunner x Stylish : Nozomi/Kagura with Love.
norbi_nw
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2011-05-15 21:05
don't have the Arc, just a plain X10 mini pro, and I upgraded from a Satio (will buy the Xperia Pro when it comes out).
OS is a total joke in Satio. Symbian is like Windows 3.0 compared to Android.
Camera, well it's a mixed bag. Satio was slow at taking pictures and at focus. Maybe it had the advantage of xenon flash, but that was a total mess if you took a picture in which the subject is 3m or ++ away. Not to mention always got red eye, even if RER was enabled.
About colors i dont have this "natural color" obsession that alot of people here seem to have, pictures look great, and i dont mind if red is a little bit more red than usual.
Yes exmor R is a gimmick, but the OS is super cool if you upgrade from symbian.
I had the satio, was obsessed with pictures before (always had a modded K750, K810, C905, Satio) and i am happy now with this mediocre X10, so the arc should be more than enough for you.
http://norbinw.blogspot.com
brian_s
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2011-05-15 21:43
Thanks for all the replies everyone, think I will make the change, just for the OS alone. Just have to decide whether to wait for the smaller Neo, or just go for the Arc now.

Anyone know anywhere to get accessories for the Arc, Holder for car etc?
[ This Message was edited by: brian_s on 2011-05-16 09:44 ]
DarkKrypt
Sony Xperia S
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-05-16 11:24
best car holder - expensive but made personnallyfor every phone alone
brodit.
link
brodit
just choose your country in the top right corner..i got one for me satio sits amazing. and all you have to by then everytime you change your phone is the holder..the mount stay perm
| history 5110, 8210, 3310, P900/10,8250, 5210, 1100, 3220, GA628,T105,w810,K550, K610,W880,W910,P1,G900,C905, Satio, x10 mini, arc, XS, XZ, XZ3, XZ5P,XA2U
fairen
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2011-05-18 01:35

On 2011-05-12 22:03:07, PhoenixR wrote:
Hi. I had a Vivaz before, and as far as the OS, the Arc is ... Amazing!

As far as camera, there are a lot of options in it, and a lot of automatic settings as well. Check out the tests on gsmarena.com maybe. But I can tell there is no panorama option in the camera, but you can download a lot of apps to do that an many other kinds of camera effects.

Spot on! I agree, The Se Xperia Arc is oen of the best phones ever made by SE
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-05-18 20:59
Cannot compare Satio/Arc cos the Arc is in a different league
Phone?? What phone??
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-09-20 16:17
The Satio is better camera without a doubt. Exmor just means a smaller sensor without losing as much quality as they would if they used a smaller sensor without exmor.

Satio pictures are overall better, and camera ergonomics are better> easier to turn on camera with active lens cover, better flash (not a joke at all but a REAL flash even if the range isn't what you'd expect on an expensive compact). Decent size shutter release. More of a joy to use.

Still that said, the neo, and from what I can tell of the hundreds of arc pictures I looked at prior to moving from my Satio to android, still takes great pics, and the camera ergonomics and performance are far better than the Samsung i8910 (s60)for example, which many wrongly claimed was a better camera than the Satio. It did have very slightly better detail, but in all other respects the Satio ATE it for dinner.

max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-09-21 07:21
However, as an OS goes, Arc/Neo are thousand times better. s60 sucks dogs balls, seriously.

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi