Forum > Network operators > Europe > Best UK Network

123  Next
Author Best UK Network
dizzybee
Apple iPhone 4
PM
Posted: 2011-05-10 14:16
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Just wondering what everyones opinions are on UK networks and which they think is the best.

I've been with Vodafone, Orange and O2, and out of them Vodafone is by far the best IMO. Orange customer service is very poor and the branding on their phones is awful. I used to like O2 but their deals are poor and they had no interest in keeping me as a customer when I told them I was being offered a better deal with Vodafone, so I moved. I've had no issues with Vodafone at all. Their deals are good and so is what little I've seen of their customer service, never had to ring them so surely that's a good sign. They actually care about their existing customers and don't want to lose them. If you tell them you're being offered a better deal elsewhere they put you through to someone else who says 'What phone was it you wanted?' and you get it for free. I also get the best signal from Vodafone.

Never been with 3, T-mobile, virgin, tesco etc. 3 do good deals but I heard to many people say the service is poor. T-mobile seems to be a good network but not the best for signal unfortunately.

What's everyone elses opinions?
iPhone 4
julias
X2 White
PM
Posted: 2011-05-10 14:37
Over the years i've been with every major network out there and i can honestly say i haven't been able to find one thats absolutely perfect,they all have their flaws but in the end one that comes closest to being the best all round is 02 and i have now stuck to them as they provide me with the most consistent service and in a recent ofcom report 02 has also come out as being the least complained about network.

This Ofcom chart here will give you a better idea

masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2011-05-10 14:49
the question I have from that graph is what exactly does it cover? probably total complaints about anything related to the network rather than what I hold to be more important and that is the service/connectivity etc that I get on a daily bases. I can handle the odd billing issue but if I don't have connectivity when/where I need it then thats when I'm not happy.

I was with o2 when the first iphone came out. I went away during that time to tmobile and went back to o2 when the 3g and 3gs came out. Again the service was rubbish and the iphone would often just sit there doing nothing when I try to browse a page or download an email. So I went back to tmobile whose connectivity has alway s been silky smooth.

8 months ago I was tempted into a 12 month sim only plan with o2 only to again find nothing changed.
Today, 4 months early and with early termination (i.e. 4 remaining months) I ported back to tmobile where again, on the same routes/places etc its once again all silky smooth and none of that sitting there with the progress bar laughing in my face!

I suspect I will never return to o2.
julias
X2 White
PM
Posted: 2011-05-10 15:01
The graph covers all complaints in general so not specific but i am very surprised with the issues you mentioned with 02 almost everyone i know has had some problems with T-Mobile and having also worked in the mobile industry i have also found that customer complaints have almost always been T-mobile related with the 3 network trailing behind.I currently have and use a T-Mobile dongle and the service is terrible for something that advertises itself as mobile broadband i would be lucky to get GPRS coverage. Have complained to T-Mobile numerous times and their customer service are useless and basically say they can't do anything about it,that to me says everything i need to know about T-Mobile.
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2011-05-10 15:07
I had no complaints with tmobile before but something has certainly changed as when I called up yesterday to confirm the port was happening and that my account tariff was setup as expected, the operator I spoke to texted me his personal email address as a direct point of contact for any future issues while I was on the call. Apparently its a new service they now provide. He was quite helpful in explaining some of the other recent changes with the merger with Orange (though unfortunately I can't get orange Wednesdays on tmob which I had hoped for!)
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2011-05-10 15:37
I think you get good and bad customer service with all operators', I've had a terrible time with 3UK recently, I've been lied to, mis-sold to, spent hours on the phone passed from pillar to post.

Their network is good because you get to also share t-mobiles / Orange 3G coverage which is fantastic.

They are cheap as well.

Although, if I had a choice I'd probably go back to t-mobile.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-05-10 16:49
I am with masseur on this. I have had a T Mobile contract now for seven months and I have never had one issue. No network outages unlike O2. Coverage especially 3G is better than expected even in the sticks and combine that with network sharing with Orange and Three and your sorted. I have only called customer services 3 times in seven months only about queries. They were helpful knowledgable and answered the phone fast. The network is reliable and fast. Also I love their data plans the only network who never charge you if you go over your data allowance but I have never come close to that as I get a decent allowance. T Mobile are better than I ever expected and its nice to have a refreshing reliable network and service. All I ever had was network issues on O2.
Phone?? What phone??
dizzybee
Apple iPhone 4
PM
Posted: 2011-05-13 00:25
Forgot T-mob and Orange teamed together, that must have really improved signal. Never been with T-mobile but definately seems worth a try in the future
iPhone 4
RLP06
P1
PM
Posted: 2011-05-13 15:29

On 2011-05-13 00:25:44, dizzybee wrote:
Forgot T-mob and Orange teamed together, that must have really improved signal. Never been with T-mobile but definately seems worth a try in the future

They only share 2G networks, they don't share their 3G networks...
RLP06 (+17, -0) [e]

http://a-zott.com/ps.aspx
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-05-14 01:54
That will come in time. T Mobile also shares 3G with Three. T Mobile used to be the worst in most peoples experience for coverage. But my experience is excellent and I have had signal on 3g with them in the middle of nowhere.
Phone?? What phone??
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2011-05-14 15:32
O2 are investing millions in their network but it could be too little too late as ever since they lost iphone exclusivity their new customer acquisitions have plummeted.
julias
X2 White
PM
Posted: 2011-05-14 16:29
Someone posted this on twitter which is quite funny

"The fact that bin Laden lived in Pakistan for 6 years without phone service suggests the involvement of T-Mobile"
fluke9
Samsung Galaxy S III
PM
Posted: 2011-05-14 17:15

On 2011-05-14 15:32:36, goldenface wrote:
O2 are investing millions in their network but it could be too little too late as ever since they lost iphone exclusivity their new customer acquisitions have plummeted.

So has their existing customer retentions.

Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-05-14 20:53

On 2011-05-14 16:29:42, julias wrote:
Someone posted this on twitter which is quite funny

"The fact that bin Laden lived in Pakistan for 6 years without phone service suggests the involvement of T-Mobile"

I don't get that one
Phone?? What phone??
jcwhite_uk
Sony Xperia Z1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-05-15 12:32
I have been with O2 for several years and found they have the best coverage in my area. I went to T-Mobile for a while but couldn't get any reception at home or work. I think T-Mobile 3G reception was a bit better than O2 but O2 had a better 2G coverage. I know the tie up with Orange and T-Mobile won't help me as I can't get reception on Orange at home either.
Checkout my photos at My Website

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi