Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > XPERIA mini & mini pro Discussion Thread

Visitors browsing this topic: 1
Add to Bookmarks
123 ... 484950  Next
Author XPERIA mini & mini pro Discussion Thread
NightBlade
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2011-05-05 19:14
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
XPERIA™ mini

HD video smartphone with 5 megapixel camera
Enjoy all your entertainment in crisp colours and high contrast on the 3" Reality Display with Mobile BRAVIA® Engine. Your HD video recording smartphone comes with a photo flash and auto focus too - your pics stay sharp and bright, even when you snap them in the dark.

Xperia™ mini - a rocket in your pocket
Ready for action? With up to four apps in each corner of your homescreen, you will be. When you want more, choose from more than 150,000 apps on Android Market™. The compact Xperia mini™ is simply bursting with power from the fast 1 GHz processor.

An Android touch phone for your social life
Get closer to your mates. Chat via Google Talk™. Make it a date and meet them in town - Google Maps™ help you find the way. And with Facebook inside Xperia, your Android touch phone lets you share status, likes and more directly from the music player and photo gallery.

Screen
- 320 x 480 pixels (HVGA)
- 16,777,216 color TFT

Memory
- RAM: 512MB
- Phone memory up to 320MB
- Memory card slot: microSD™, up to 32GB

* Actual free memory may vary due to phone pre-configuration.

Networks
- GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900
- UMTS/HSPA 900/2100
- UMTS HSPA 800/1900/2100

Available colours
- Black - White - Blue - Dark Pink
Possible limited market availability.

Sizes
- 88.0 x 52.0 x 16.0 mm
- 3.5 x 2.0 x 0.6 inches

Weight
- 94.0 gr
- 3.3 oz

XPERIA™ mini pro

HD videos on an Android keyboard smartphone
Capture the volley in sharp HD. Shoot the player with the 5 megapixel auto focus camera. Getting dark? The photo flash catches those beautiful details. Now show your masterpieces in high contrast on the Reality Display with Mobile BRAVIA® Engine. Life looks brighter through an Android touch 3” scratch-resistant mineral glass screen.

Facebook everywhere in Xperia™ mini pro
Don’t forget anyone’s birthday. With Facebook inside Xperia you get all your friends’ birthdays direct in your calendar. Share status, likes, recommendations and more from the music player and photo gallery. Instant enjoyment on your Xperia mini pro.

An Android mini smartphone for business
On the move? Synch your email and calendar on the fly with Exchange ActiveSync®. And with OfficeSuite loaded as standard on your Android mini qwerty phone, you’ll look smooth over your smoothie as you prepare for that perfect pitch. With the powerful 1 GHz processor you can thumb your way through everything lightning fast.

Screen
- 320 x 480 pixels (HVGA)
- 16,777,216 color TFT

Memory
- Phone memory up to 400MB
- microSD™ support up to 32GB
- RAM: 512MB
- Memory card included: 2 GB microSD™

* Actual free memory may vary due to phone pre-configuration.

Networks
- GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900
- UMTS/HSPA 900/2100
- UMTS HSPA 800/1900/2100

Available colours
- Black - White - Pink - Turquoise
Possible limited market availability.

Sizes
- 92.0 x 53.0 x 18.0 mm
- 3.6 x 2.1 x 0.7 inches

Weight
- 136.0 gr
- 4.8 oz
[ This Message was edited by: NightBlade on 2011-05-05 18:17 ]

[ This Message was edited by: laffen on 2012-06-14 10:56 ]
NightBlade
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2011-05-05 19:21
Press release:

05 May 2011
Introducing two powerful, versatile and compact smartphones
Xperia™ mini – the world’s smallest HD video recording smartphone
Xperia™ mini pro –intuitive fast messaging in a compact smartphone

May 5th, 2011, London – Sony Ericsson unveils the new Xperia™ mini and Xperia™ mini pro, the latest additions to its Xperia™ family. Building on the success of the original mini series, these innovative smartphones come packed full of features, powered by a 1GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon™ processor, and run the latest platform of Google’s Android™ – Gingerbread 2.3. Beautifully designed, Xperia™ mini and Xperia™ mini pro both integrate best-in-class imaging and display technology from Sony, including Reality Display with Mobile BRAVIA Engine and HD video recording (720p).

The products offer a full multimedia entertainment experience. Xperia™ mini and Xperia™ mini pro enable access to over 150,000 apps on the Android Market™ and has a 3” scratch-resistant, multi-touch glass screen. The improved user interface allows up to 16 apps displayed on the home screen. Facebook inside Xperia™, a feature just announced for the Xperia™ family, provides a unique social media integration.

Xperia™ mini pro brings the optimized slide-out keyboard with smart functionality first seen on the Xperia™ pro to a compact smartphone. A subtle but fast Type & Send functionality eliminates the need to open a dedicated app for each type of message, and Smart Keyboard triggers predictive messaging actions automatically when the user slides out the keyboard. Xperia™ mini pro also comes pre-loaded with Office Suite and McAfee antivirus software, letting consumers manage documents and e-mails instantly and securely while on the move.

Steve Walker, Head of Marketing, Sony Ericsson said, “We wanted to provide consumers even greater choice across the Xperia™ range, while building on the success of the original mini series. These turbo-charged smartphones now contain even more power, enhanced functionality, a larger screen and premium features unique to Sony Ericsson. They are packed full of features, making them a perfect choice for consumers looking for all the benefits of Android and Sony in a beautiful and easy to use compact form factor.”

Sony Ericsson also unveils today a new integration, Facebook inside Xperia™, which will be included in the new Xperia™ mini and mini pro and soon to be available across the wider Xperia™ range. Facebook inside Xperia™ integrates social connections throughout the phone, by making Facebook immediately accessible from the most used areas of the phone such as the picture gallery, music player, phonebook and calendar. As people are becoming increasingly reliant on their smartphones for instant communication, Sony Ericsson is enabling people to ‘like’, share and comment more easily than ever before with Facebook inside Xperia™.

Sony Ericsson Xperia™ mini – Key features
World’s smallest Android™ smartphone with HD video recording
Reality Display with Mobile BRAVIA® Engine
Place up to 16 apps in the corners of your home screen
Over 150,000 apps on Android Market™
Facebook inside. Keeping your friends closer

Sony Ericsson Xperia™ mini pro – Key features
Ergonomic keyboard and smart functions for fast messaging
HD video and Reality Display with Mobile BRAVIA® Engine
Synch your email and view office documents safely on the go
Place up to 16 apps in the corners of your home screen
Over 150,000 apps on Android Market™

Sony Ericsson Xperia™ mini pro and Xperia™ mini with HD will be available globally in selected markets from Q3.
[ This Message was edited by: NightBlade on 2011-05-05 18:21 ]
mediar
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-05-05 19:25
So these mini smartphones have 512mb RAM, while Pro and Neo have only 380mb? Nevermind, they look cool and I like their improved UI. They might become the new best sellers.
The best mobile phone brand died with Sony Ericsson's death. Shame on you Sony for killing it! And, of course, for ruining the Xperia brand...
Mediar's Site
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2011-05-05 19:26
They actualy look really nice as well as small and powerful.
NightBlade
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2011-05-05 19:30
Is it just me, or does that black-on-wine one look very sexy?
[ This Message was edited by: NightBlade on 2011-05-05 18:31 ]
burmistrz
Xperia Active
PM
Posted: 2011-05-05 19:34
Any differencies besides size and physical keyboard between those 2?
Want a new mini pro instead of Arc.
Still have my Satio in second pocket, good enough if want big screen (awfull Nokia symbian), but no need another brick. I just love my X10mini (k850 is better, just lack of WiFi make me unhappy with that piece of art )
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-05-05 19:35
Ohhhhhhhhhhh,drooling over the white one!!!!!!!!!!!!! She is sexy With this having a 1 gighz processor & HVGA screen it will be FAST!!!!!!!!!! I do hope they have improved the keys though as the Mini Pro keys are a little sticky at times I still prefer the Xperia Pro though
[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2011-05-05 18:39 ]
Phone?? What phone??
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2011-05-05 19:45
The black on wine does indeed look sexy and yes these should be very fast.
smclion102
T610
PM
Posted: 2011-05-05 19:47
These Devices Look HOT wonderful size when it comes to width and height , but why so thick?

Looks Sexier than ARC
[ This Message was edited by: smclion102 on 2011-05-05 18:51 ]
tranced
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2011-05-05 19:48
Sweet! The perfect replacement for my Mimmi. 512mb of ram is quite impressive for these small monsters. The HD recording is a big plus which makes me happy.
I jay0726 | (+3, 0) | Clara, Evita, Mimmi & Victoria | My Pics | Do your job!
Alihosny
Xperia Arc Silver
PM
Posted: 2011-05-05 19:50
what is the xLoud technology in the specs?
tranced
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2011-05-05 19:54
xLoud should be what megabass is for the old phones.
I jay0726 | (+3, 0) | Clara, Evita, Mimmi & Victoria | My Pics | Do your job!
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-05-05 19:59

On 2011-05-05 19:47:30, smclion102 wrote:
These Devices Look HOT wonderful size when it comes to width and height , but why so thick?

Looks Sexier than ARC
[ This Message was edited by: smclion102 on 2011-05-05 18:51 ]

It's thicker cos it is smaller plus the slider out keyboard makes it thicker. Ya gotta compromise somewhere. The older Mini Pro is not that thick anyway.
Phone?? What phone??
mustafabay
Xperia Mini Pro Black
PM
Posted: 2011-05-05 20:09
Miss the red backed option from the X10 mini pro or a green and black option a la S500 would be nice. So it'll have to be the all black.

Now the question is X10 now or mini pro when it comes out?
The X10 mini pro isn't an option because of the specs my phones last too long

I don't want a signature anymore.
norbi_nw
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2011-05-05 20:09
design is super! but i have a mini pro. The screen is too small for me now, and you get limited apps because of that.
So im waiting for the Xperia Pro, and hope i wont be disappointed. But i drool at the white mini pro 2...
Waiting for videos. maybe i will drop the Xperia Pro for one of these small pros. Pity it doesnt have HDMI

EDIT: baaah.. i just noticed it has touch buttons for home, more and back Don't like that part of it.
[ This Message was edited by: norbi_nw on 2011-05-05 19:11 ]
http://norbinw.blogspot.com
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
123 ... 484950  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic