Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > Need a little help with X10 mini pro

Author Need a little help with X10 mini pro
norbi_nw
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2011-04-02 09:54
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hey. I just bought a 3 months old, used X10 mini pro. It's in a very very good condition, and it has 2 years warranty. (bought for half the price of that of the market), and i have some "issues" with it, please help me so i can return it to warranty, test yours and post your comment.

1. when i make a call in GSM mode, i can hear a buzzing sound in the ear speaker... Like when you have a non magnetically shielded speaker in the house and that starts to buzz when you recieve radio signals (SMS, Calls, etc.)
If i open the phone's keyboard 5-6 mm when it's at my ear, the buzz is gone... then when it slides back, it starts again.
In 3G mode there is no buzz at all. very annoying..

2. When i play a Dubstep /DnB mp3 in poweramp, and i set the EQ to bass and treble, the 2 wheels for trebe and bass are at mid, and when i modify the sound wheel (or simply press the sound keys +/-) it cracks when the sound is getting modified.
It's like i press the "+" button and at every "+" pressed, it cracks/pops for half a second. Also in the stock player..
But the sound is clear after that volume modification pop.

3. This is the most annoying: I installed "fruit ninja" , "cut the rope", and "the impossible game", and it's terribly annoying that the screen is not responding properly. for ex if there are 2 fruits in the air at fruit ninja, i can slice one, then if i lift my finger for a bit and press again, it wont react... i can slice and slice but the phone will not react.
If i lift my finger, then pause a bit and not instantly touch the screen again, it will work.. same goes for "the impossible game", that needs fast tapping... i always die because it wont react to jump. WHY???
P.S. in the menu it has never happened to loose rensponsiveness, aka. i can tap tap and it will work.

I need to know so i can send it back to warranty. Please check yours and help with the answers.
[ This Message was edited by: norbi_nw on 2011-04-02 08:54 ]
http://norbinw.blogspot.com
arcmhyke
Sony Xperia TX
PM
Posted: 2011-04-02 11:29
What android version are you using?

do you have the latest?

try flashing it with SEUS or PCC, usually bugs will be fixed

if not, maybe you have a defective unit
Phone: Sony Xperia TX LT29i
Camera: Cyber-shot DSC QX10
Speaker: SRS BTV5 Wireless Speaker
Headset: MW1 Smart Wireless Headset pro | MH EX300AP
Rookwise
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2011-04-02 13:10
1 &2- Had similar happen to one of my mini pro's. This is hardware damage to the antenna, earpiece and speaker due to a severe drop. If you set a Live Wallpaper do you hear a buzzing sound coming from the speaker?
This usually goes along with the problems you described.

3- You don't have a screen problem. Some games are designed for use with a Multitouch type screen. The Mini and Mini Pro do not have multitouch screens.

Really annoys me how quite a few people think simply reflashing a phone is a wonder cure for all things. The only thing a reflash is helpful on is if the phone is constantly rebooting,apps have problems running or the phone is running at a snail's pace.

In conclusion you have a hardware problem. Return the phone and get another. Don't settle for a repair as you will end up with the same problems when you get the phone back.

[ This Message was edited by: Rookwise on 2011-04-02 23:06 ]
arcmhyke
Sony Xperia TX
PM
Posted: 2011-04-02 13:33
Really annoys me how quite a few people think simply reflashing a phone is a wonder cure for all things. The only thing a reflash is helpful on is if the phone is constantly rebooting,apps have problems running or the phone is running at a snail's pace.

well i had a slight similar problem, but in the loud speaker, there's a loud hizzing noise after i canceled a call or i missed a call, and the only cure about that was to reset the phone. i tried to reproduce the problem and that problem only occurs during calls.

but after a week an update 2.1.1.A.0.6 came out, and tried to reproduce the problem, and guess what? that problem is fixed. its working perfectly fine even if i have a missed call/rejected a call.

so in my case an update did fixed my problem, else i can conclude that it is also a hardware problem, and i will also do what you said, try not to repair it but replace it

i am just sharing what i have experienced, and quite similar to his problem. i did say that "it may be defective"

and im just trying to help
[ This Message was edited by: mhyke on 2011-04-02 12:37 ]
Phone: Sony Xperia TX LT29i
Camera: Cyber-shot DSC QX10
Speaker: SRS BTV5 Wireless Speaker
Headset: MW1 Smart Wireless Headset pro | MH EX300AP
norbi_nw
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2011-04-02 20:46
ty for the answers. Well if i set a live wallpaper, i hear something, but people said that is the sound of the CPU as it is using alot of resource. A slight humm/buzz. I will go and change it. Hope they will give me a new one.
Rookwise
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2011-04-02 23:58
Yes take it back. I have 5 mini pro's and I dropped one of them. Since the drop (which was not very high) its had symptoms exactly as you describe yours having. All my other mini pro's are nice and quiet. No buzzing noises etc.
Had the damaged one checked by SBE Ltd which are SE's only authorised UK Xperia repair center and view found hardware damage due to the drop. They replaced the antenna, both speakers and something on the main board. Because it was damage I'd caused by dropping it the repair wasn't covered under warranty and ended up being quite expensive (3 figure sum)

@mhyke. The slight hiss noise was firmware related and has been present in all firmware up to and including the first 2.1 update. This has been fixed now. I've had A200 platform phones in the past which also had the sound hiss until it was fixed in firmware.
[ This Message was edited by: Rookwise on 2011-04-02 23:03 ]
norbi_nw
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2011-04-04 15:10
can someone who has X10 mini pro install "GLOW HOCKEY" (free from the market) and confirm it s working flawlessly? i play and sometimes it wont respond to my touch. It follows my finger, then suddenly it stops, and doesnt respond, then again it is working, and after a while stops again.. Can you play a full match a tell me it is working properly?
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi