Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > Zylo Screen Problem

Author Zylo Screen Problem
JayZS
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2011-03-13 12:14
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I have a Zylo on 3. It often gets itself into a state whereby the screen switches on dimly for a few seconds, then will blank, then a few seconds later will switch on again at low brightness. This continues until I remove and replace the battery. Would continue until the battery runs out if I left it alone, say on a shelf somewhere. After re-inserting the battery, then after a day or so, sometimes, less,it will do exactly the same. Rather annoying, and does affect battery life.

The 3 shop said "Go away, it is a software problem which will be resolved on March 25. Download the new software from the forum."

Has anyone else experienced or even heard of this problem? Cheers
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-03-13 12:36
Go away that's good customer service. Being a slider phone it sounds like it could be the flex cable that connects the phone to the slider part. I would take it back to the store or call 3 up and get them to repair it. I am unsure it does not sound like a software issue but you could try re installing the software via SEUS
Phone?? What phone??
JayZS
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2011-03-13 17:08
Thanks for the suggestion. Fairly new (3 months) phone, with low usage, and the problem repeats with clockwork like precision every 30 seconds (approximately). So on that basis I have to exclude the flexi-cable.
And now I come to think of it the software option seems therefore to be a fairly logical explanation. Screen blanking, which is on a timer of course, being not properly functional?
[ This Message was edited by: JayZS on 2011-03-13 16:10 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi