Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > Xperia neo & Xperia pro Official Thread

Previous  123 ... 181920 ... 434445  Next
Author Xperia neo & Xperia pro Official Thread
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-04-29 20:45
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
www.phonearena.com/reviews/Sony-Ericsson-Xperia-neo-Review_id2725
Phone?? What phone??
Lightspeed_x
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2011-04-29 22:02
Hi, I would like to know if the Xperia Neo can sit on its side, for video recording or picture taking...

Thanks in advance!
Xperia Z2 4.4.2 Kitkat
kaizerp900
Xperia Arc Silver
PM
Posted: 2011-04-30 09:27

On 2011-04-29 22:02:00, Lightspeed_x wrote:
Hi, I would like to know if the Xperia Neo can sit on its side, for video recording or picture taking...

Thanks in advance!

No because the sides are of curved design.

the neo will balance on it's side very briefly but just fall straight over.
HxH
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2011-04-30 10:57
Ask to owners of XPERIA Neo does have active noise cancelling microphone in retail unit?

I look from 3 different sources one claimed that it no 2nd mic but instead it provide noise shield function, one review wrote it have 2nd mic and performed well and one specification page wrote it none such a thing, really confuse about it please clarify this to me

and how well microphone performance last?
SONY x Sexy x Sleek x Solid x Stunner x Stylish : Nozomi/Kagura with Love.
kaizerp900
Xperia Arc Silver
PM
Posted: 2011-04-30 11:49

Yes it does have noise cancelling microphone but to be honest I don't think it makes avast improvement.

People I am talking to say they can here me loud & clear & if I am in a noisy environment they say the quality is still pretty good but can still hear a small amount of background.
Alihosny
Xperia Arc Silver
PM
Posted: 2011-04-30 12:44
in phonearena's review of the arc they said the camera is fantastic while in the neo's review they said that it's an awful camera. isn't the cameras of arc and neo supposed to be the same? in the end of the review they mentioned the software versions ,can any of the neo owners check if it's the retail version plz?
may be they are reviewing an old version. if the camera is as they say i may change my mind,the galaxy s is much cheaper with great camera.
kaizerp900
Xperia Arc Silver
PM
Posted: 2011-04-30 13:22

Yeah it's the same software in the retail unit.

Personally I think the reviewer is talking out his backside as to me the camera on the Arc & Neo are pretty much identical (I have owned the Arc too)

For me I feel the Neo tends to take indoor shots a little better than the arc (same settings) , not sure what it is but on the Arc indoor shots have a slight haze to the edges but on the neo shots it's not there.
Alihosny
Xperia Arc Silver
PM
Posted: 2011-05-01 06:32
thank you , i think i will wait for gsmarena's review, some more people opinions and more samples as the camera is crucial to me and i would really like not to buy non SE phone.

what about the brightness of the neo compared to the arc? ,the reviewer said that the neo lacks in brightness and sunlight legibility, how is the screen overall compares to the arc? thx.

Edit : just watched phonearena's video review and the reviewer said the contrary to the written review ,he said that the camera overall is very good with balanced colors an the only grip is no manual focus in video mode! i am quiet confused.

although he added a new drawback which is battery life is poor as he say(waiting opinions on battery life from owners )
[ This Message was edited by: Alihosny on 2011-05-01 05:47 ]
kaizerp900
Xperia Arc Silver
PM
Posted: 2011-05-01 09:51

Battery life for me seems to be around 2 to 3 days with medium use (took a few cycles of charging for the battery to settle)

Medium use = 10/ 20 camera pics , couple of hours wifi , handful of phone calls , loads of texting , 30 mins game playing , handful of e-mails.
Ravanelli
Xperia Neo Black
PM
Posted: 2011-05-02 14:33

Funny review.....to me Arc & Neo camera is almost identical.
Battery life is good either, 16 hours of use and still 55-65% left on the tank.
Data traffic always on, sync every email, loads of chatting (whatsapp), some browsing...........

Don't use Timescape, it's beautiful but less usability and battery eater!! My Neo can't even last a day with Timescape widget turn on!
[ This Message was edited by: Ravanelli on 2011-05-02 13:35 ]
idumbakumar
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2011-05-02 17:03
what about earpiece volume in NEO? im worried my X10's Earpiece is feeble..
im planning to replace X10 with NEO i should not get disappointed about loud speaker and earpiece.
Anybody experienced any charging problem??? like phone doesnot charge after somedays of purchase.?
many X10 suffered charging problem mine too.. i replaced the main board..
users provide your info... thanks
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-05-02 18:53
According to Phone Arena it's loud & clear. Plus you gotta remember all the new Xperia models support HD voice
Phone?? What phone??
false_morel
Nokia Lumia 920
PM
Posted: 2011-05-02 23:40
I forgot about these two babies due to postponed releases in Germany because of Japan's earthquakes..

Anyway, two perfect phones!
Should be the Android mid-range and Qwerty sliders winners of the year respectively..

The way I see it:
Neo > Desire S > Samsung Ace
Pro > Desire Z
But GSII > Sensation > Arc!

Anyway, I think I made my mind.
The Neo is irresistible. SE here I come back... Well I do have three SE oldies and wont be using the Neo as the main phone, nothing beats the N8 for me so far, but still, it has been long I didn't get any new SE device..

The Neo doesn't have the Arc's issues! Adds the front facing camera, and all of the headset jack, camera module, and shutter button all positioned right..

And as a mid-range the chipset is the right one!

The 3.7" could be even better fitting than the huge 4.2"!
Also the design is nicer to my eyes.. So what if it doesn't differ muc from the Vivaz or other new SE models! It's simply the best. Can't get any sexier or more elegant than this.
Happy me.. I found my Android at last..
kaizerp900
Xperia Arc Silver
PM
Posted: 2011-05-03 16:32

Personally I felt that the Xperia Neo hits all the right spots for me.

From the moment it was announced I knew it was the right one for me, The camera specs were spot on, the screen specs / the overall shape & design / all the onboard connections.

I got rid of my iphone 4 for the Neo & to be totally truthful I don't regret it one bit as i'm loving every minute of it & find myself keep looking at it every so often as it's a bit of a looker (mine is the all silver)

Trust me fella's I don't think any of you will go wrong with it.
arcmhyke
Sony Xperia TX
PM
Posted: 2011-05-03 16:58
I also like this Phone, just like what false_morel said

he Neo doesn't have the Arc's issues! Adds the front facing camera, and all of the headset jack, camera module, and shutter button all positioned right..

And as a mid-range the chipset is the right one!

The 3.7" could be even better fitting than the huge 4.2"!
Also the design is nicer to my eyes.. So what if it doesn't differ muc from the Vivaz or other new SE models! It's simply the best. Can't get any sexier or more elegant than this.

but does Neo also have Clear Black Panel just like Arc does? and im worried about PhoneArena's review that Neo Camera Performance is Below Arc. Im waiting for a review from GSM Arena.
Phone: Sony Xperia TX LT29i
Camera: Cyber-shot DSC QX10
Speaker: SRS BTV5 Wireless Speaker
Headset: MW1 Smart Wireless Headset pro | MH EX300AP
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 181920 ... 434445  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic