Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Accessories > Help regarding HBH DS980

123  Next
Author Help regarding HBH DS980
ceaser2008
Aino White
PM
Posted: 2010-12-25 07:11
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Yesterday night i have fully charged my bluetooth handsfree DS980. And when today morning i tried to switched it on, it shows the 'sony ericsson' name on display - normal startup but then went off. Now everytime i try to switch it on, the same name appears and goes off. I plugged charger thinking the battery isnt charge properly, it works good. The battery is showing fully charged with charge sign just like in mobiles. But as soon as you unplugged the charger, it goes off. Though i have fully charged the battery yesterday evening.

So i guess there is something wrong with the battery only. If anyone knows how to get the extra battery for that as i had been to shop couple of months back and they told me that bluetooth handsfree are not repaireable. Or anyone can tell me how to open that. I know how to take out the face-plate.

Any help will be appreciated as right now i am not in a position to take new one. And using handfree comes in my basic need.
ESATO Most Loved & Best Asian Member MMX & MMIX
February : Shoot The MUSIC
ceaser2008
Aino White
PM
Posted: 2010-12-25 07:41
Update: Again i tried, this time it went to the main display for fraction of a second before it went off. This time it showed the battery charged upto 60%.
idumbakumar
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2010-12-25 15:56
U can repair it unless its a board level fault. U can get t battery in electronic shops. Just try it out. Or check it in ebay. Good luck.
idumbakumar
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2010-12-25 16:04
There should at least 3 screws underneath the faceplate. Try to find out. after removing u can find the battery its easily detachable replace it wit a new one. I'm here to help u.
buntoo
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2010-12-25 19:03
How much is the battery cost? My HBH-DS980 gets completely discharged(empty) after 3 hours of continuous playing. [addsig]
NightBlade
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2010-12-25 19:39

On 2010-12-25 19:03:26, buntoo wrote:
How much is the battery cost? My HBH-DS980 gets completely discharged(empty) after 3 hours of continuous playing.

That's pretty much as much as I got out of mine when I still had it.
buntoo
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2010-12-25 20:49

On 2010-12-25 19:39:00, NightBlade wrote:

On 2010-12-25 19:03:26, buntoo wrote:
How much is the battery cost? My HBH-DS980 gets completely discharged(empty) after 3 hours of continuous playing.

That's pretty much as much as I got out of mine when I still had it.

Hmmm.. But the offcial specifications say it is capable of streaming for approx. 6 hours.
[ This Message was edited by: buntoo on 2010-12-25 19:50 ]
[addsig]
ceaser2008
Aino White
PM
Posted: 2010-12-26 13:14
Thank you idumbakumar for your reply. Actually after opening the face plate, there is no screws, so i guess it is all pressed down. But i couldnt resist myself to explore it and i found a battery-orange in colour after peeling off the company sticker. Then i try to open with force with screw-driver and one side of the plastic cover had come out slightly. so i use credit card to take it out completely, just like you open your k850i. but i managed to open 90% but 10% i couldn't open. As i am afraid to give more pressure that could break something and i have to let go my ds980 to heaven.
When i put everything down again, i found that i have damaged the Next/previous song changer button, but i guess it is not placed properly. And one main, play/pause button's small knob is broken. I think tomorrow i will stick it back and pack the whole thing together and give it to sonyericsson service center. Let hope everything come back to normal.

Buntoo, Nightblade
I have not used it continuously but my battery runs for a day with heavy usage of music listening, calling.
buntoo
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2010-12-26 18:20
@ceaser2008, But what if you're watching a movie? It starts giving battery low tone after 3 or 3.5 hours...
[ This Message was edited by: buntoo on 2010-12-26 17:21 ]
[addsig]
ceaser2008
Aino White
PM
Posted: 2010-12-27 06:44
i am not using it for watching the movie as on my k850i, if i listen the movie from ds980, it would lag terribly.

buntoo
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2010-12-27 07:35
Watchin' movie on PC [addsig]
ceaser2008
Aino White
PM
Posted: 2010-12-27 11:33
I have just given it to one of local repair shop. According to him, there is something wrong with circuit. If it is a battery problem, firstly the standby time would gradually decreased and then the battery die. But in my case, it has happened all of a sudden. So he will check that.

Buntoo,
Can you tell me how much is the mA of the battery? As i have peeled off that label.
About watching movie on pc with it, i think its a good idea. I will buy a bluetooth dongle, once it is repaired.
[ This Message was edited by: ceaser2008 on 2010-12-27 10:35 ]
buntoo
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2010-12-27 19:22
@ceaser2008, I dunno about the battery capacity in mA. Watching movie on PC and streaming sound to this handsfree is a great amusement Now i watch movies on my Galaxy S paired with my DS980. No lag at all. [addsig]
idumbakumar
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2010-12-27 21:02
Hi ceaser somewat u managed to broken it. I thought u would reply the progress so that I can help u further, sorry i could've given some ideas that where are the screws might be. If u open it completely then thats all. Just take the battery out ot should be connected by a small plug. Just pull it. And try checking mobiles spares shop or electronic shops or try google or ebay the battery. Please update the progress i can help u. Generally i dont fully trust the local servicing shops. And i dont think they are even serviced a couple of BT headsets. So keep ur eye on it.
[ This Message was edited by: idumbakumar on 2010-12-27 20:06 ]
ceaser2008
Aino White
PM
Posted: 2010-12-28 03:35
hello idumbakumar,

Your help is really apprecialted. but as i said earlier, there isnt any screws. It was pressed down with somekind of locks. About the part which i have broken, somehow i managed to stick it back on its place with the help of fevi-quick. After i sticked it when i put it back on its place, it was working smooth again. so i guess god have saved me there cause the two parts which i have sticked were so small that you cannot hold them in your hand.

About the service man, you might be right, but i had no option. i went to two service centers, one said, they dont have one and will be available after a month. second said, it is not repairable. they dont repair BT handsets. They just replace it in case of warranty. On the other hand, that service man did show me one BT battery, he had but it was not the same size as in mine, but he has one. so i guessed he is repairing BT handsets as well. The other reason which he gave was also legit one, which i have already mentioned in my previous post. so i gave him to try. Lets keep fingers crossed and hope it will be in life again.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi