Esato

Forum > General discussions > Rumours > The All New Sony Ericsson Portfolio for 2011

Visitors browsing this topic: 1
Add to Bookmarks
Previous  123 ... 434445 ... 362363364  Next
Author The All New Sony Ericsson Portfolio for 2011
Mizzou
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-12-29 12:25
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
interesting and nice phone, will certainly also in white appears to be very thin ... < 10 mm?
argiriano
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2010-12-29 12:37
Pretty cool phone.. if it`s not a prototype and going on sales in Q1 with roumored specs it will be bestseller.
redsaph
C902 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-12-29 12:49
If that phone has a 3" screen, then it wouldn't be a successor to the X10 Mini but a successor to the X8.

I also found the Windows Phone 7 Xperia (X7) he was talking about. It was in the blog of GSMArena.

If that X10 Mini / X8 successor was to be sold, I think the name would be Xperia Arc because they think it has a slider.

X7 Source: GSMArena Click here

X10 Mini (x8) Successor Source: Xperia X10 Blog Click here
[ This Message was edited by: redsaph on 2010-12-29 12:03 ]
My mom has Johnny-X's Xperia X1.
I have James Bond's C902.
My dad has the G900.
We are a Sony Ericsson family!
rizzamarv
Xperia Ray
PM
Posted: 2010-12-29 13:24
Have to say that I for one am impressed with the leaks so far. They all seem like solid follow ups of the devices which contributed to SE's mild success in 2010. Think they are moving in the right direction by making successors of the models which made them profitable again and if they get the android updates out a little faster I am positive they might even win back a little market share with their mid range devices or at least stop losing some...HAHA

Considering the pictures we have so far I prefer the looks of all the new models in comparsion... hope the Hardware brings some improvements and I think SE will have a really solid Android offering in the first half of 2011!

Hope that no more devices leak and that we get the so often announced "Big Surprise" at MWC. Love the tension of the launch shows
TheBecksF
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-12-29 13:31
its the best looking so far .. i love its design ... there is something weird or its just me al the phones have same CPU
i hope that mean one of them have higher specifications
its impossible that all will Be 1 gb processor ... or SE Going MAD
some one say something !!
argiriano
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2010-12-29 13:59

On 2010-12-29 12:49:08, redsaph wrote:
If that phone has a 3" screen, then it wouldn't be a successor to the X10 Mini but a successor to the X8.

Yep, if we look at the task bar we can see the similarities with X8 display - same size battery and net indicators and the same width of the screen. So i suppose either the screen is smaller and the screen resolution is bigger, or the screen is exact the same as X8 one - 3" 320x480.

Lollylost100
HTC One
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-12-29 14:30

On 2010-12-29 12:49:08, redsaph wrote:

It is an X10 mini/mini pro successor.
tranced
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2010-12-29 15:04
I can understand his point there. A 3 inches screen is fair big coming from the X10 mini's.
I jay0726 | (+3, 0) | Clara, Evita, Mimmi & Victoria | My Pics | Do your job!
mustafabay
Xperia Mini Pro Black
PM
Posted: 2010-12-29 15:39
I'm more concerned about the device's side to be honest, the minis are more about the size not the screen. And what about the Vivaz successors? Are they going to get bigger screens, 3.5" should be the size or else its not going to be making much sense with 3" and 3.2".
I'm also guessing the X8 won't be getting a successor for a long time but will just stick around and become cheaper over time.
I don't want a signature anymore.
MrCash
Aino White
PM
Posted: 2010-12-29 15:41

On 2010-12-29 15:04:44, tranced wrote:
I can understand his point there. A 3 inches screen is fair big coming from the X10 mini's.

everything gets bigger

4.3" ANZU is a 4" X10's successor

if there's an X8 successor , I believe it will come with a 3.2 / 3.4 inch screen

Xajel
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2010-12-29 16:15
MrCash...

Not necceary everything will gets bigger, the X10 Mini's are meant to be mini, this is why in the first place they had a small screens...

I think thought and heard from thier customers, that minis are smaller than what they should be as a touch device... the screen has to be bigger coz the original was hard to use, that's why I think they decided to go for larger one..
but as the success of the mini series continue, I don't think they will become larger in every generation as they wont be mini's any more !!

now we have some 4.3 and even 4.5'' screens so do you think these devices next gen. will have larger screens ? and what about next ones ??

SE has a very nice strategy of thier first attempt of designing an android phones, Mini, medium and large...

and now they will continue this strategy with a little bit expanding to cover more markets.. some guys will love large screen but not that much spec. so we may see two mini's as usual.. 1 - 2 mediums... and 2 - 3 big ones... these will cover the market and gives more options... ofcourse I'm talking about the whole 2011 year not just 1H, and maybe 2011 and a little bit of 2012 too...

Now has the perfect design from 2010 Android series...
I hope in 2011 they will have the perfect mix of design, support and market coverage...

Design with the perfect design phones, nice looking and touchs pro...
Support with always fast and up-to-date firmware, not just the first and sec updates, I hope they had fast updates and also makes thier products life span longer so they don't forget them when they launch thier successors after only 1 year !!
Market coverage I mean to design a phone that covers the market needs... currently the Mini, Medium and big phones are good but we need at least two for each of these sizes...

personally I hope comes with a strategy that makes updates much better depending on age of the device...
1- First year : quarterly based updates ( every three months ), concetrate on fixes and feature updates and Android version when available...
2- Second year : thirdly based update ( every four months ), concetrating on fixes ( if found ) and Android version when available. features can wait for next update in the same year...
3- Third year : Only Android version update.. and maybe some very important fixes if found...

and I don't they will make it but it will be nice to open the platform after that so community can make thier own android updates... I don't think this will happend duo to some IP's in drivers and hardware they can't reveal...
pauvincent
Sony Xperia V
PM
Posted: 2010-12-29 16:34
i have to agree no more leaks i hope these leaks are controlled leaks by for teasing purposes hope the big surprise don't get shown for 's sake
mustafabay
Xperia Mini Pro Black
PM
Posted: 2010-12-29 16:40
The only thing that would surprise me from SE is if the pull an Apple and say, here are some phones and at least one of them will be available on sale within say a week or two max. Now that would be a surprise. Other than that anything they announce will just be nice.

I don't see the X8 getting bigger in fact I wouldn't be surprised if its successor was a 2.8" screen.
I don't want a signature anymore.
pauvincent
Sony Xperia V
PM
Posted: 2010-12-29 16:45

On 2010-12-29 16:15:18, Xajel wrote:
MrCash...

Not necceary everything will gets bigger, the X10 Mini's are meant to be mini, this is why in the first place they had a small screens...

I think thought and heard from thier customers, that minis are smaller than what they should be as a touch device... the screen has to be bigger coz the original was hard to use, that's why I think they decided to go for larger one..
but as the success of the mini series continue, I don't think they will become larger in every generation as they wont be mini's any more !!

now we have some 4.3 and even 4.5'' screens so do you think these devices next gen. will have larger screens ? and what about next ones ??

SE has a very nice strategy of thier first attempt of designing an android phones, Mini, medium and large...

and now they will continue this strategy with a little bit expanding to cover more markets.. some guys will love large screen but not that much spec. so we may see two mini's as usual.. 1 - 2 mediums... and 2 - 3 big ones... these will cover the market and gives more options... ofcourse I'm talking about the whole 2011 year not just 1H, and maybe 2011 and a little bit of 2012 too...

Now has the perfect design from 2010 Android series...
I hope in 2011 they will have the perfect mix of design, support and market coverage...

Design with the perfect design phones, nice looking and touchs pro...
Support with always fast and up-to-date firmware, not just the first and sec updates, I hope they had fast updates and also makes thier products life span longer so they don't forget them when they launch thier successors after only 1 year !!
Market coverage I mean to design a phone that covers the market needs... currently the Mini, Medium and big phones are good but we need at least two for each of these sizes...

personally I hope comes with a strategy that makes updates much better depending on age of the device...
1- First year : quarterly based updates ( every three months ), concetrate on fixes and feature updates and Android version when available...
2- Second year : thirdly based update ( every four months ), concetrating on fixes ( if found ) and Android version when available. features can wait for next update in the same year...
3- Third year : Only Android version update.. and maybe some very important fixes if found...

and I don't they will make it but it will be nice to open the platform after that so community can make thier own android updates... I don't think this will happend duo to some IP's in drivers and hardware they can't reveal...

I don't think will make such updates may be the1st year but not 2nd, 3rd. Its all about making money they would probably sell a new unit than update an old phone. Yes customer care after the unit has been sold is important but it would be more profitable if customers would buy a new phone lets face it hardware of phones get outdated fast.
[ This Message was edited by: pauvincent on 2010-12-29 15:54 ]
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2010-12-29 17:00
Vivaz 2 is bigger than Vivaz in a good way as is the X10 Mini 2, the current Mini is a bit too small (I couldn't text on it at all). Don't worry though, it looks thinner than the current one and its still relatively small. There's one thing that hasn't been leaked and it would be best for them if it remains hidden until hours before announcement. Not sure if there will be '4' devices announced or released but I agree with Back2You that there are a few more that are close to being ready and it wouldn't surprise me if they were announced as well but at different times.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 434445 ... 362363364  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic